Welcome All,

This is my layout Two Bridges, I started at Easter 2008 but due to other commitments & moving abroad I have not had as much time as I would like to work on it. Some might recognise the layout from another forum which I have migrated from. 

About the layout.. Its currently 2 modular units (I do have plans for more in the future, space permitting), set in a south London suburb during the early 90s. Operation is from a Bachmann Dynamis. The station half of the layout is now in my flat for good, with the other half following soon. Without naming it all my stock consists of EMUs, Class 09, 31, 33, 37 ,47, an assortment of engineering wagons, plus a few other rakes. 

post-23783-0-86341700-1426442439_thumb.jpg

Video from a while ago of my Class 33 with sound shunting around the full layout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2X34xTF2HA

Latest jobs completed include:

Rewiring the baseboard

Modifying my Mk2s so they can run with the 3rd rail

Painting Bridge girders

Next Jobs include:

Finding a way to power my station lighting - all 12v - any recommendations? 

Completing the road on the bridges

Building a station/footbridge

Thanks for looking, Graham

Hi Graham,

Thought i recognised  your layout from the picture, look forward to more.

Next Jobs include:

I power all my lighting signals etc from a gaugemaster combi controller, that way i can lower the voltage if things are a little bright.

cheers

Another Graham.

Nice work. Particularly like the flats in the background of shot. There does seem to be more 1990s 3rd rail layouts around now and that can only be a good thing! GWR branch terminus, anyone? No, I didn't think so... More please.

Have to agree with Graham's Gaugemaster (or similar) solution... I've messed about with 3.6v wall transformers and low voltage LEDs in the past, but a spare DC controller output allows the lights to be dimmed to a realistic level. I'm using a NCE PowerCab but have an old Bachmann train set controller just for lighting.

Evening,

I've been working for most of the day on the layout, although they're the kind of jobs which don't make great photos. I've wired in a new power point to plug my Dynamis into, rewired one of the tracks and fitted a light into the burger van. Where the tracks joint the other section of the layout I have cut them back and installed a solid plastic sleeper with new rails to stop them getting damaged when I move the layout. I should have done this when I first laid the track but I was too eager to run trains and never bothered... 

I did manage to bring out a few trains for some photos though..

post-23783-0-00982900-1426978214_thumb.jpg 

Class 37 with the Nuke train

post-23783-0-13878200-1426978217_thumb.jpg

Class 31 with a local

post-23783-0-66189100-1426978221_thumb.jpg

BP Plasser 07, Kernow NSE branded Blue/grey mk2s in the background

post-23783-0-28034700-1426978225_thumb.jpg

All the best, G

• 1 month later...

Any new updates G...

There are! I've been working on the layout off and on since my last post, I had a big re-think about the layout and swapped the backscene to the front of the layout so it now looks a lot better. I now have the other half of the layout in the flat so I can work on it as a whole :)

There has also been the Ally Pally model railway show where I brought quite a lot.. and today I have brought a Bachmann 47 in RES with 4x Bachmann mail coaches for £150 from Kernow ... They're on offer at the moment, with 3 left in stock this morning!! I will post some some photos tomorrow. 

All the best, G

After finishing the last post I realised I wasn't doing anything else so grabbed my phone and took a few quick photos.

Below is the station board with the swapped round back scene.. a lot better I think. Also got my Hornby VEP out, despite being one of the most disappointing models I've ever purchased, I have fond memories commuting on them!

post-23783-0-19404900-1429999486_thumb.jpg

I picked up this footbridge from the Backmann stall at Ally pally for £12, although its missing the roof it makes a good southern style foot bridge. Just need to trim off the roof supports. 

post-23783-0-57373200-1429999608_thumb.jpg

And the other half of the layout. I have yet to attach the back scene yet. 

post-23783-0-07810400-1429999700_thumb.jpg

Rgds, Graham

Evening all,

Been hard at work again over the last few days, I have nearly finished fixing/fitting the front/backdrop  so the layout looks a lot more "presentable" now, rather than just a bit of track on a board. 

post-23783-0-06273200-1430679930_thumb.jpg

post-23783-0-18154500-1430679932_thumb.jpg

Can anyone recommend/ or know of any companies which produce a plastic low relief factory unit (kit or pre built). Saw a stall at Ally Pally a few weeks back but I've since forgotten the company.

Thanks, G

Archived