To stimulate discussion, post photos and exchange ideas, and (being an open public forum) help encourage others to try S scale modelling.

Perfect locos etc ?

deeslexia

I  am aiming this at S scale, into which I have inadvertently fallen but It seems appropriate due to the lack of ready to run models .

Do you prefer pristine models and scenery or something a little more obviously hand built or kit built ?

The reason I ask is that I prefer my hand painted tram conversions to the pristine Corgi versions .

I am even considering repainting some trams with a little less of a finish, maybe those oversize logos and paper ads etc.

The scenery is going to be hand made and there is no way that I am aiming for pristine detailing-more an impression.

One mark of good modelling is consistency across the scene, whether it be overall quality, level of detail, or paint finish. As most S scale models and layouts are scratchbuilt, a consistency of finish is easier to achieve (or fail to attain!). So, keep on doing what you're doing - I'm sure your trams will look super in the end! 

• 2 weeks later...

It's quietened down presently as I draw up the 1930s semis and struggle with the angles of a half roof [ against a backdrop ] .

I am thinking full pen drawing , because that's what  and pencil work , or water-colour paper and watercolour because this is my discipline as a designer and visualiser  .

There will be a house drawn up at 1/64 with all the parts for the kit , but individual houses drawn with different details , luckily , I will only need 4 or 5 !!

Experiments in hand . 

The ASD , or my AsDee glitch is weird in that I can recognise that my mock up open front tram is ' right ' whereas my new motorised tram currently does not register .

Luckily my pair of reinvented single deckers and the open topper , even without a handrail work for me .

Thanks for the support .

dee

Archived