Class 22 areas of operation

TravisM

• RMweb Gold
On 19/03/2015 at 14:14, TheSignalEngineer said:
On 19/03/2015 at 10:20, Fat Controller said:

The only areas they seem to have avoided are South Wales and the West Midlands.

I don't know the story behind this one at Warwick, other than it is standing in the position where the Hatton Banker used to reside.

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrw2169.htm

I have a possible explanation for this one in that OOC had a working with Regent tanks for Warwick Cape Yard at the time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...

This is probably an old request, but has the plan to build a  'new' class 22 collapsed? An internet search seems conclusive, but thats the way it looks, unless someone (with ££) has come forward? The old project seemed to be linked to the old LLC which is now gone of course

On 11/03/2024 at 07:44, paulbb said:

This is probably an old request, but has the plan to build a  'new' class 22 collapsed? An internet search seems conclusive, but thats the way it looks, unless someone (with ££) has come forward? The old project seemed to be linked to the old LLC which is now gone of course

As far as I know they’re still going. Their website says copyright 2024 at the bottom. 

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, paulbb said:

Thanks for the reply. I do remember seeing class 22s at Axminster, and Abingdon in 1967. A friend claims he saw one at Banbury and even Leamington.

Yes they worked up to Warwick on oil tanks 

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, paulbb said:

Thanks for the reply. I do remember seeing class 22s at Axminster, and Abingdon in 1967. A friend claims he saw one at Banbury and even Leamington.

The 22s seen at Axminster would most likely have been on the Chard Jn. milk tanks, after the working had been re-routed via Exeter and the WR main line.

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 1

On 11/03/2024 at 07:44, paulbb said:

The old project seemed to be linked to the old LLC which is now gone of course

Other way round. The proprietor of L.L.Co gave a donation to the Class 15 group from sales of his model Class 15. It was me who informed him of the Class 22 group (I'm not a member) & as far as I know he got in contact with them with similar intent, until, of course, everything went extremely pear-shaped for L.L.Co.

• Friendly/supportive 1