In it there are a couple of trains booked for D63xx:

Two from Acton

attachicon.gifIMG_0637.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0638.JPG

and one working from Warwick:

attachicon.gifIMG_0639.JPG

Hope this is of interest to someone?

Thanks for posting this.

Beside the class 22 info it nicely shows the basic priciple of marshalling longer distance freight services

with vacuum portions for each calling yard towards the loco, and unfitted portions for each yard towards the brake van,

cheers 

I have an old BR(WR) instruction from April 1966:

attachicon.gifIMG_0636.JPG

In it there are a couple of trains booked for D63xx:

Two from Acton

attachicon.gifIMG_0637.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0638.JPG

and one working from Warwick:

attachicon.gifIMG_0639.JPG

Hope this is of interest to someone?

That would explain how D6346 was at Warwick. Petrol tanks were unloaded in Cape Yard to the North of the station, formerly by Regent, later by Shell.  Somewhere in that book there is prossibly an inbound working.

The Westerns Hydraulics by J K Lewis, mentions the 23 locos that were transferred to Old Oak Common in 1963 and details some of the workings.

As well as internal WR work previously discussed in this thread he also mentions:-

"They also assisted with light freight trains across the London Division, ranging from Oxford-Abingdon car trains to block tanker workings

between the oil terminals at Ripple Lane and Staines West." 

cheers

I recall seeing Class 22s at Kensington Olympia, but I seem to think now that they came off their trains here and swopped with Southern crews who were equiped with Classes 33, 73 and 74 for the onward journey to Norwood Yard mostly. Although in later years similar workings saw Warships and Westerns go all the way to Norwood yard and work return freights back onto the WR.

I have seen Class 22s as far as Stratford and Temple Mills in contributor's photographs. As an aside I recall hearing but not seeing a Class 22 on the Staines West branch one day whilst fishing in a nearby gravel pit it may have been on the regular trip working from the scrapyard on the branch which was usually an 08 turn.

Kevin

Fascinating thread. I could read threads like this all day!

Going slightly OT, I know Westerns made it to Bletchley, Wolverton, Northampton, Bedford & Luton, on stone trains, and at least one each of a Hymek & Warship to Bletchley on specials, but I wonder if a 22 ever made it to any of those locations? Does anyone know?

Cheers

N

Edited by rodent279

Fascinating thread. I could read threads like this all day!

Going slightly OT, I know Westerns made it to Bletchley, Wolverton, Northampton, Bedford & Luton, on stone trains, and at least one each of a Hymek & Warship to Bletchley on specials, but I wonder if a 22 ever made it to any of those locations? Does anyone know?

Cheers

N

Class 22s certainly made it onto the stub of the former GC to Aylesbury in that direction, doubt they ventured any further though.

Kevin

..........for the onward journey to Norwood Yard mostly. Although in later years similar workings saw Warships and Westerns go all the way to Norwood yard and work return freights back onto the WR.

Kevin

and Hymeks