RMweb/BRM 'build a loco' Challenge--RTR conversion Ixion Hudswell clarke from saddle to side tank.

15 hours ago, Jon Fitness said:

Ah, I raided the infamous bargain bits box on the Agenoria stand at a model railway exhibition. That's where the smokebox door came from too. I think they were all "seconds" from one of their Hudswell Clarke kits. I don't think it would still be possible as the Agenoria range passed to Ragstone Models although it maybe worth contacting them.

That was never going to be a possibility for me, living down here in the antipodes. But thanks, it may help me track down something appropriate!

I may have posted it elsewhere on RMweb, but I found a similar Australian prototype, which is the basis/inspiration for my own project. My own model will be about 10% over-scale I think, but I plan on something which captures the character of this little loco. I have no information on dimensions other than 37" Driving Wheel diameter and 12"x18" Cylinders.

pwd30.png.cf04198d48a5763158fa86741965c405.png

On 10/04/2023 at 15:28, hartleymartin said:

That was never going to be a possibility for me, living down here in the antipodes. But thanks, it may help me track down something appropriate!

I may have posted it elsewhere on RMweb, but I found a similar Australian prototype, which is the basis/inspiration for my own project. My own model will be about 10% over-scale I think, but I plan on something which captures the character of this little loco. I have no information on dimensions other than 37" Driving Wheel diameter and 12"x18" Cylinders.

pwd30.png.cf04198d48a5763158fa86741965c405.png

Certainly looks like a Manchester Ship Canal loco. I'll check my book for a suitable drawing. It may be worth contacting Andy Beaton at Ragstone models for some bits as he took on the actual Canal class kit from Agenoria.

JF