The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Premium

You can't embargo something you don't tell anyone about! (CJL)

Oh but they do. They announce it to everyone simultaneously on "The Engine Shed" . Good move.

Looking forward to tomorrow's announcement

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1

Paul Isles from Hornby's R&D Team has posted this on Twitter, I assume related to tomorrows announcement. https://twitter.com/locationsphotos/status/794237537967603714

Any Ideas??

Gary

A balance weight on the internal motion - red is the usual colour for the internal workings between the frames...?

• RMweb Gold

Paul Isles from Hornby's R&D Team has posted this on Twitter, I assume related to tomorrows announcement. https://twitter.com/locationsphotos/status/794237537967603714

Any Ideas??

Gary

Could it be Alfred and Judy behind the subject ?

http://ukrailways1970tilltoday.me.uk/Great_Central_Railway-2013-page3.html

Edited by adb968008

Utterly no idea on this one.

If the photo is part of tomorrow's announcement and not a following one or red herring, then it's either something green we see in the background, however I cannot think of anything done before needing a retool which would carry that livery and in particular that bit of lining. (It does match any part of Albert and Jane).

We are then left with something that has a big splasher, a big gap between the boiler and running plate so that we can see a big part of the internal motion above it that is black. Again, aside a 700 class (already done and none preserved), nothing fits out there which has also been modelled previously.

Maybe, this is leading to a class 87!

Edited by JSpencer

Utterly no idea on this one.

If the photo is part of tomorrow's announcement and not a following one or red herring, then it's either something green we see in the background, however I cannot think of anything done before needing a retool which would carry that livery and in particular that bit of lining. (It does match any part of Albert and Jane).

We are then left with something that has a big splasher, a big gap between the boiler and running plate so that we can see a big part of the internal motion above it that is black. Again, aside a 700 class (already done and none preserved), nothing fits out there which has also been modelled previously.

Maybe, this is leading to a class 87!

The word "re-engineering" is probably put in there just to drum up some froth (though it could mean something). On the other hand if anyone has noticed the last few blogs have not focused on any one product, it's constantly been about 2 or 3 products. This could just be a small piece.

Of course if we take the twitter post seriously it seems to match the J36, as it matches photos I've seen of it online. Regarding the green goblin behind I have no clue!!! But it's certainly not Albert or Jane.

Exactly, I mean the class 71 was re-engineered to become a class 74.

If you have made a class 71, there is notional cost to tool up for a 74 as well. Only slight changes to the bogies, new body sides and roof. Chassis and motor can all be the same.

The class 71 has been released and the Class 74 is being done by DJM.

So what can be "re-engineered" in the Hornby range to become a J36? A J15?

Could the two share much of the same chassis and get away with it?

If it is a J36, it will be the first true pre-grouping Scottish engine in RTR to modern standards.

Of course, maybe there are TWO items about to be announced. A J36 + something else "re-engineered" (hopefully not something that will upset someone elses announced program).

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

So, definitely a J36 and a Crane Tank. Don't recall a crane tank in any wishlist polls so highly likely a J36!!!

Hello Ventnor

An Industrial Crane Tank has been in The Wishlist Poll since 2014. In this year's Results published yesterday, the type made it into The Top 50 of 00 and was High Polling in N.

Brian Macdermott (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• Like 1

Could it be Alfred and Judy behind the subject ?

http://ukrailways1970tilltoday.me.uk/Great_Central_Railway-2013-page3.html

I hope so. Kernow teased us with a picture of them before announcing something else. It immediately kindled a desire in me for them (never having thought of them before) such that when the announcement turned out not to be them, I suffered a sense of humour failure to an embarrassing extent, going so far as to address an extreme grump to poor old Kernow.

It would make sense for Hornby to produce them because the Pecketts (small and cute) have been such a runaway success. Bill and Ben must add to the appeal.

• RMweb Gold

They no doubt re-tool other things as well as locos.

Agreed, and there are a good number of items that should be popular if brought up to current standards, the ex-Airfix and ex-Lima Siphons, the ex-Lima LMS bogie CCT (which Hornby have never even re-released) and their own SR bogie luggage van, to name but a few. 

John