The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

The reference in the email was to items appearing in the 30/11 edition.  Hornbys mailing host must have got bogged down, only a week late!

Just had another look at the email.

At the top is the line "In case you missed it...". Not very noticable!

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 1

I too have just had the email - it says the contents were published on 30/11/2018.

In the file, Hornby state "There's one more exclusive sample for you, the Decoration Sample of the West Country Class ‘Bideford’ (R3638)"  Is this anything more than just another West Country from the existing tooling or is there anything new to make it worthy of a mention in the Engine Shed?

I think it’s most likely because Bideford is first late condition original West Country they’ve done since Bude and that was a one off with extra long smoke deflectors. The last one before that was blandford forum. They do like to make a song dance when older models make a return. Like the 4MT and rebuilt patriot.

Big James

• RMweb Premium

The "Engine Shed" does seem to a bit variable on arrival time.

I'm on the e-mail list but my November issue only arrived this evening with a mailbox time of yesterday evening..

E-mails are checked at least twice daily.

Keith

I think it’s most likely because Bideford is first late condition original West Country they’ve done since Bude and that was a one off with extra long smoke deflectors. The last one before that was blandford forum. They do like to make a song dance when older models make a return. Like the 4MT and rebuilt patriot.

Big James

The 4MT is in my opinion, one of the best Hornby locomotives ever produced to date.

I know where you coming from though, the 8F although not a bad representation needs an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see the upcoming releases and also Callum's Xmas layout.

The only thing I felt missing from the count down to the announcement, was a minor hint or two for us to drool/froth over during the Xmas period. I also hope Santa's express brings in new blood. May I recommend a Wonder Woman or other DC character train set for next year (or 2020 when the next film is released).

The idea of these characters as Christmas tree decorations is not as far fetched as you would think (see pick below from my tree). So a train, especially as bluebell stock appeared in the first film.

Maybe the 2018 round up shed in a couple of weeks there will be a hint of what is to come in 2019...

post-15098-0-95704900-1545417826_thumb.jpg

Nice to see the upcoming releases and also Callum's Xmas layout.

The only thing I felt missing from the count down to the announcement, was a minor hint or two for us to drool/froth over during the Xmas period. I also hope Santa's express brings in new blood. May I recommend a Wonder Woman or other DC character train set for next year (or 2020 when the next film is released).

The idea of these characters as Christmas tree decorations is not as far fetched as you would think (see pick below from my tree). So a train, especially as bluebell stock appeared in the first film.

Maybe the 2018 round up shed in a couple of weeks there will be a hint of what is to come in 2019...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That’s enough to divert me from railway modelling!  :wub:

On reflection, I’ll stick to the trains. In spite of all the grumbling about prices, they’re a lot cheaper.

Having said what fun it was that the modellers were guessing the 2018 range from the blanked out cover of the catalogue, they could have tried the same this year.

It'll either be a stock photo of something already available, or something so radical that we'd be shocked to see Hornby producing it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...