Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

SECAG Modular Meet - 27th June 2015

Quick check list to make sure I've got everything I need for tomorrow.

3 modules and 6 pairs of legs

banana leads

clamps

3m of rubber cable protector for the floor

track cleaner

multimeter

solder and soldering iron

multi-tool

trains (with dcc chips in!)

Mug

lunch

camera

Anything obvious I've probably missed?

Hopefully our final track plan - gives about a 50ft end to end run plus a small junction, albeit double track being used as a single track, giving a small branch off to Devils Bridge sidings, using Kenton's Curve as a 'headshunt' to keep clear of the branch.

post-8328-0-72873000-1435337692_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I wish I could make it living so close but with in laws not doing so well it's a trip down to the coast especially as we were away last weekend at the GCR show.

Really hope it goes well and look forward to the photos and may be we can do one next time.

Ah ok... well... anyone else going via the Dartford Bridge.

I had a friend once who was coming down to meet me and she had to travel just 2 junctions on the M25.  I got a text to say she was just joining the M25 so I said see you in about half an hour.  An hour later, still no sign of her.  Left it another half hour and she said "how far is it, I'm just passing the Gatwick turning".  Instead of turning left for 2 junctions she'd turned right and was essentially going round the M25 the long way to reach me.

Our day together turned out to be about 2 hours.

Don't make that same mistake :)  Remember that I probably won't be checking emails in the morning so in case of any issues ring me using the number provided on the final details pack.

See you all in the morning from 8am although I plan to be there a bit earlier to my setting up done so I'm free to be able to help everyone else get their bits in place.

I wish I could make it living so close but with in laws not doing so well it's a trip down to the coast especially as we were away last weekend at the GCR show.

Really hope it goes well and look forward to the photos and may be we can do one next time.

Hopefully there will be a next time so we'll look forward to seeing you there - and plenty of time to make a module or two to contribute - remember even straight single track 4ft boards are useful somewhere :)

Anything obvious I've probably missed?

Sounds like all the modules are packed and probably more than enough stock*

... I presume someone is bringing a DCC controller :D ;)

* you have been spared a converted Lima 33030 as I ccouldn't get it sorted in time. but I've substituted something better - so 2 trains to run.

from 8am

Did I miss some change of plan?

the venue will be available from 9am

I know I drive fast ... but not THAT fast.

No change of plan - I wanted to be there early to get myself set up with the various things and the important task of sticking Urnie on.

I expect people to get there early so I could get the fiddle yard set up, in the right place, set up the dcc set (yes I'm bringing my Lenz setup) and get the wireless interface setup without any stress, so that's all up and running by the time everyone else starts to trickle in.  I can then help people work out roughly where their boards are in order to get as much "play time" as we can, after we've managed to figure out why different things are not wanting to work.

It would be nice to be able to have at least one train run from fiddle yard to station and back, before we have to pack up!

It would be nice to be able to have at least one train run from fiddle yard to station and back, before we have to pack up!

I think by then we are more likely to be bored of chugging up and down a single track :D ... don't forget the measuring stick I forgot to set my legs at the correct height (there is wide adjustment) before I put them in the car.

As we live on the third floor, and there's no lift, loading the car is a slow and painful process.  All the boards (apart from the tiny one which is on the next run) are in the car.  The legs and refreshments are going on the third and final run shortly.

Then tomorrow morning it's

- controller

- laptop

- stock

- Skaledale building - temporary structure for car park on Brockhole Curve until I get round to building the Aldi kit

- Crate of cables and odds and ends

That may be another 2 runs.  Then it's just a case of remembering to stop for milk on the way and drive to Merstham.

Playing Dave Tetris in a Fiesta is ... interesting to say the least. 

Full report latet but the inaugaral RMWEB modular meet is working. A few minor techy isdues but the SECAG PIONEER observation train reached the end of the layout at 10.15am this morning. Thanks Narrow Planet for the custom headboard.

post-8328-0-79801000-1435397900_thumb.jpg

overall view

post-8328-0-65392300-1435397656_thumb.jpg

For all those that asked what Kenton looked like...

post-8328-0-43326200-1435398035_thumb.jpg

post-8328-0-88658700-1435397837_thumb.jpg

For all those that asked what Kenton looked like...

Kenton... you have hair? Myth shattered... :O

Seriously, have a great day guys.

Well everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and all are on their way home now. A full report will follow later or in the morning depending on how much energy I can muster after unloading.

Thanks to everyone that came and made today the success it was.

Gentlemen,

The report of the day is now "up" at this location: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/100628-secag-modular-meet-27615-final-report/?p=1937462

Please post your pictures and thoughts there rather than here :)

Thank you all once again for a great day - I don't know about you but I'm knackered!

Archived