Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

SECAG Modular Meet - 27th June 2015

Just chipping away at scenery and starting to box up what I need to bring.

2 x 1.8m floor cable covers now sorted.

Next need to think what do I want to run loco and stock wise.

Decisions,decisions.....

Steve

Huh! only 29 days - a whole month!

Last weekend was a bit of disaster - events, as they say conspired against me and what little time I managed to find just got lost. Decided to relay the track - only a few minutes work ! hah! and decided on a cork underlay after all that prevaricating. Still it is back down now and back to where I was at the end of last week. So much for the legs, paint and putting a chip in a box!

Scenery - you are joking -- still aiming for the river bed and an emergency catch all of netting or bubble wrap.

It'll be all right on the night - so I'm told.

My boards, and GRC's boards, are the complete polar opposites on the description of a 'model railway'. Nice work sir! I feel ashamed.

... but both a 'work in progress' (just one has progressed more than t'other) and part of the greater whole in just under a month's time...

My boards, and GRC's boards, are the complete polar opposites on the description of a 'model railway'. Nice work sir! I feel ashamed.

Not quite as polar as my board. brrr cold wasteland feeling - the only plus side is that folk may just see it as an extension of the FY.

Only progress today was to purchase 2 G-clamps and pack it away for the weekend as a neighbour is desperate to borrow my "modelling" table for a wedding buffet!

Not quite as polar as my board. brrr cold wasteland feeling - the only plus side is that folk may just see it as an extension of the FY.

My fiddle yard has a scenic end of about 4 inches consisting of a tunnel mouth and an embankment - which reminds me, I must drill those holes and plant the bases for the removeable trees, and not forget to pack the "backscene" which is a stormy sky rather than the usual blue hazy summer sunshine.

My fiddle yard has a scenic end of about 4 inches consisting of a tunnel mouth and an embankment - which reminds me, I must drill those holes and plant the bases for the removeable trees, and not forget to pack the "backscene" which is a stormy sky rather than the usual blue hazy summer sunshine.

Oh bother! I can see the departures leaving the tunnel and crossing a barren wasteland.

An ebay box also arrived today need to plug the DC controller in and see if no chips still means it actually works. Can't do anything else practical till Monday. Priority next week has to be legs - more urgent than expected/planned. Then if the box works - open it up and see if I can remember how to do a DCC conversion. (now where were the service diagrams and spec for the legs) ;)

backscene ? - something I don't need to worry about mine can be viewd and operated from both sides. ... wasn't that some part of the spec anyway?

There is no "backscene" in the spec - modules are supposed to be useable either way round and operable from both sides.

I've simply added something for the "hill" as my own modification to make a specific break from the model world, for the specific situation of blocking the view into the fiddle yard which is unscenic and essentially dead space - but very necessary.  It simply stops people looking past the low relief trees and into the storage sidings.

You'll see what I mean in four weeks time.

I have about another 20 legs to cut as well so I feel your pain - I have a useful measuring stick with an angle bracket set so I can ensure track level is at 45 inches above ground as specified.

Here's my "to do list".  It's not as bad as it looks as some of them are only 10 minute jobs.

Shakespear Brook (H)

• banana sockets
  • finish stream bed
  • lay water
  • leg mounts
  • legs (4 more)

Estuary Bridge (N)

• banana sockets
  • finish basic scenery
  • leg Mounts
  • legs (4 more)

Return to Sender (O)

• remaining leg mounts
  • legs (10 more)
  • Finish installing Minx microdrives
  • Wire up frogs
  • Wire up “right way” sections
  • Finish wiring up reverse loop module
  • Station platform
  • Basic scenery

Linwell (V)

• banana sockets
  • leg mounts
  • legs (4 more)
  • Find and install “camp fire” module
  • Install point motor
  • Find suitable power supply unit
  • Build brake van kit for siding
  • Finish basic scenery

Buffer Stop ®

• paint edges black
  • find small clamp

A small progress report.  Three of four points on the junction that forms the entrance to RTS are now working with the Minx microdrives, including the wiring for frog polarity.  All track is also tested and working.  It looks worse than it is, honest.

post-8328-0-35616200-1433003069_thumb.jpg

My intention is to cover it all with a removeable board containing the Skaledale village hall and a small car park, just in case I do need to ever get in there and sort out a wiring issue.

Normally they are "under board" mounted out of the way but I really, really did not fancy trying to sort 18 connections out upside-down.  That's not including the second set of remote operating switches that I will be installing when they arrive (can't find the ones I have) that will enable it to be operated from both sides.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

A quick plea for HELP

Having had some trouble with my knee recently which I thought was over (unfortunately not) as my knee gets worse I have got to a point were driving has become quite painful and been told that surgery will be required to cure my knee so won't be happening before the 27th. Is there anyone within our group who is local enough to provide and the module with a lift and help loading / unloading.

Having spoke to 'Nut I will be asking around locally to see if I know anyone who would be willing to help (the gf doesn't drive)

Unfortunately if I can't find a lift I don't think I will be able to make it :(

Thanks guys,

Gary

I've discovered a few "fundamental cock-ups" that mean that at least two of my other small planned modules are going to have to withdraw - I've redrawn the plan and we still have a functional plan consisting of everything else that has been offered so far, pending a final decision on Hailsham as above.

Fear not ... the meet will happen, somehow...

Archived