Modellers from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and South of the Thames

SECAG Modular Meet - 27th June 2015

Unless everyone takes their own mug...

that's a plan, bring disposables for muppets that forget, but I'd be more than happy to bring my own mug.

Possibly, due to the amount of organising you've already done, maybe one of us could bring something? For example I'd more than happily bring all the biscuits if you'd like me to? They may be Sainsbury's rather than Waitrose though......

It's all in our next home shopping order from Ocado, and it'll just be in a bag by the door ready to go in the car on the day - no effort at all.  Just need to pop into the petrol station we go past on our way to Merstham to pick up milk in the morning - again no bother.

Bring your own mug - that's a good idea :) 

• RMweb Gold

That's 1 box - of 80 teabags.

If anyone gets through 10 cups of tea over a day I think the journey home will be somewhat problematic...

10 cups? With some of my colleagues that's about half a shift!

I'll grab some cakes too ;)

• RMweb Gold

Maybe add to your list :

Pieces of cardboard to adjust leg height, unless all the legs have adjustable feet

Stickers for name badges

Track rubbers

Cameras

Paper plates

Kitchen roll

HTH

Stu

• RMweb Gold

Pieces of cardboard to adjust leg height, unlsss all the legs have adjustable feet

The Britmod calls for adjustable height so it's adjustable feet or bring your own cardboard ;)

Not long now, so best of luck guys. Full, frank and amusing debrief expected on this thread after the event for those interested but sadly not able to play attend.

• RMweb Gold

Don't think that will solve the somewhat contrived problem (it probably is not a problem and was certainly poorly explained by me)

connector_location.jpg

mirror image at the other end. TRK to outside, AUX to inside. all sockets isolated and yes these take banana plugs (at least my Maplin labelled ones) - of course I should have taken the photo with a M-M plug lead ... doh

As it stands the sockets are in the fascia on the outside of the curve (the plugs protrude out into the sharp angle that will be made by the junction) as I said nothing really worth worrying about just silly panic mode at seeing the new plan. Even it is a problem on the day it can be sorted by a few tools.

Your sockets shouldn't be a problem, next to Norden Jcn, I've adapted the frame to put the main longitudinal member further in so there should be room underneath if the plugs on the other side are the same as the ones above.

post-6968-0-68571000-1434521935.jpg

I will bring some spare plugs and cable with me so if we find that there are issues with short cables they can easily be overcome.  But I'm sure that most of us will remember to bring at least one spare cable with us.  I've made most of mine several feet long, so although it is perhaps a bit wasteful on wire it's better than being short.

Been getting the wife involved too - I've made another module, "Dog Tunnel" as a 4ft long, standard ends but 5 inch wide single track duck under that'll go in the middle between Norden Junction and Border Curve, to save walking the long way round.  Why Dog Tunnel? "Duck or Grouse" :)  At the moment it's likely to be just open as I don't think I will have time to get the top made. 

All the individual component parts of RTS work as expected although a small design fault on my part means that I don't actually have any room to put the whole thing together in my flat so the day itself will be the first real test of if it actually does work. I really hope so!

It's getting close.  Must not panic...

Your sockets shouldn't be a problem, next to Norden Jcn, I've adapted the frame to put the main longitudinal member further in so there should be room underneath if the plugs on the other side are the same as the ones above.

There shouldn't be a problem with leads as my M-M leads are about 4-5ft long. But they will be no use if the adjacent boards do not have sockets.

SWMBO had offered to supply a cake that was to be a surprise but I guess you all know about it now ;)

It sounds like we are all going to be sitting around drinking and eating. Things cannot go that well!

• RMweb Gold

There shouldn't be a problem with leads as my M-M leads are about 4-5ft long. But they will be no use if the adjacent boards do not have sockets.

!

Do the 4mm banana plugs fit those audio sockets ok? I've not seen them used and don't have any to try it on handy.

It sounds like we are all going to be sitting around drinking and eating. Things cannot go that well!

It's the Rmweb version of the railways put the kettle on and have a think when it all goes to pot. We sit back and eat while contemplating the next move or solution :)

I would ask Mrs SG to do some brownies, but she's pulling an all nighter the night before catering for a major formal function, so I don't think she'd appreciate it. (My cooking ability only stretches to things I can grill over a fire)

Unfortunately our "cooking facilities" only stretch to hot water and a microwave - hiring the full kitchen facilities would be way beyond our budget.

Whilst on the subject of budgets, would everyone like a copy of the accounts to be provided for the meeting or circulated afterwards?

Whilst on the subject of budgets, would everyone like a copy of the accounts to be provided for the meeting or circulated afterwards?

TBH I don't really care. The money is spent, we are getting more than value for money as far as I can judge so AFAIC you can trouser the "profit" or put the few remaining coins in a tin and rattle it in front of the next organiser for all I care.

Archived