Chrisr40 - layout pics

Chrisr40

Morning folks -

thought I should put a couple of pics that arent too ghastly on here - seeing as Ive enjoyed watching everyone elses layouts progress.

No claims to authenticity or adherance to prototype - its strictly fictional and worked on ( played with ) when my family let me have 5 mins - though they have become keenly atuned to the sound of a loft ladder being deployed.

Hope you like one or more of them

p.s I am a RUBBISH photographer ...

best regards

Chris

hello - Im guessing the size as Ive honestly never measured it - it goes the width of the loft and covers half the floor space - im very lucky in that its an old 30's house that has a decent loft that bears its weight without myriad joists. Its probably about 16ft x 8 ft

I did do a trackplan but its changed again so its probabaly easiest to describe it by sayings its 3 decreasing sized ovals with an MPD and turntable - then you have seen the factory bit which has a wharf leading off of it. I will put some more pics on here though they will be a bit aged.

Thanks for looking

Chris

Hi Chris yes I agree with the other poster don't be so harsh on yourself photography wise they are great.

I have a question please--what did you use for the infill on the track at the harbour and how did you make it.

I like it and I have something similar in mind when I restart building my layout

And as a terrible joke do your trains go hell for leather past the shoe factory biggrin.gif !

Looks like a great layout to me keep us all informed regards Andrew

Hi Andrew - thanks for the kind words -

the track infill is wills cobblestones and they are a right ###### !!! - they look good but take a bit of fettling because they have the occasional high spot and you get the odd beached loco or derailment. When time allows I will sand the high spots a bit and re-weather them.

a few more pics starting with a favourite of my youngest sons.

Best Regards

Chris

Hi Chris yes I agree with the other poster don't be so harsh on yourself photography wise they are great.

I have a question please--what did you use for the infill on the track at the harbour and how did you make it.

I like it and I have something similar in mind when I restart building my layout

And as a terrible joke do your trains go hell for leather past the shoe factory biggrin.gif !

Looks like a great layout to me keep us all informed regards Andrew

Sorry Fonz1 missed your joke !!!! groan

I wanted to call it R Soles Ltd but I cant imagine it would get on many web pages like that.

Archived