Bure Valley Models, Aylsham

Pint of Adnams

• RMweb Premium

Picked up a Late Crest Hornby 52xx this morning for the price shown in the 'Black Friday' sale above.

Carefully unpacked for me to inspect and then test run by the lady salesperson.

Happy customer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Excellent service from Bure Valley Models - I placed an online order Thursday night, then an email arrived first thing Friday morning reporting the goods were packed and shipped (1st class recorded), and lo, Saturday morning Royal Mail deliver me a package:

post-10919-0-89561500-1488040326_thumb.jpg

Even better, the contents, all well-packed in a sturdy box, a Bachmann LMS Compound, which was only £75, an absolute bargain, and three wagons, also each reduced.

Marvellous stuff!

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

ONE DAY ONLY SALE - BLACK FRIDAY 24th November 2017: http://www.burevalleymodels.com/c/143/Black-Friday-Bargains

That link just takes you to what's left over from last year's Black Friday sale. Tomorrow's items don't seem to be live on the website yet, but the mailshot link below show's this year's items...

http://mailchi.mp/84d5919502a2/30-amazing-black-friday-deals?e=2136d1d667

That link just takes you to what's left over from last year's Black Friday sale. Tomorrow's items don't seem to be live on the website yet, but the mailshot link below show's this year's items...

http://mailchi.mp/84d5919502a2/30-amazing-black-friday-deals?e=2136d1d667

Thanks Pete - I just opened the link in the e-mailer and then copied and pasted it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Order Date: 14/03/2018 12:41   Bachmann Regional   27T Tipper wagons x3, BR Dutch weathered.

Emails received during afternoon

Delivered:    15/03/2018 12:04   by Royal Mail.

Less than 24 hours from Norfolk to the beautiful Mid-Wales coast!

Well done Bure Valley Railway, and Royal Mail.

Now for an emergency Engineer's train.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to report top marks to Bure Valley Models from me for a very speedy turnaround, from ordering (Thurs 10pm) to delivery (Sat 9am), RM 1st class post, and very competitively priced Hornby "Rhyl" and "Queen Elizabeth" too, well-packed, can't ask for more!

Big thumbs up from me then. :good:

cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Popped in on Thursday last week for perhaps the first time in a year. Delighted to note they were busy, which is always a good sign. Having used the website to check availability, I made the journey specifically to purchase a Bachmann sound-fitted loco. As always, it came out of the box for a quick test run. The first one had some issues, as did the second one they tried. Third time lucky! Was told that if the purchased loco exhibited any of the issues of the first two, to bring it straight back. You simply cannot fault the service here and yes, the price paid was way less than anywhere else. Marvellous, as always.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I placed an order recently, having checked first here that they were a reputable company.

Very impressed - I ordered in the evening, got an email first thing the next morning to say it was being shipped, and it turned up the next day, well packed.

Meanwhile it's been over a week now and my order with a somewhat larger and better known company is still "pending"...

• 2 weeks later...

Same experience here. Placed order with BVM Monday night, dispatched Tuesday, arrived Wednesday. Prices cheaper than the 'big boys'. Very well packaged.

Also placed an order earlier on Monday with Rails Of Sheffield (who are normally very good to be fair) and it it still 'pending' five days later!! RoS prices were higher than BVM too and BVM would have got the whole order had they had stock of the items I wanted. It often pays in more ways than one to support the smaller shops!

Very impressed!! Ordered a brand new Hornby J15, at a bargain £75, late Saturday afternoon, email received within 20 mins saying item packed and posted. Tuesday morning, 7.20am, postman arrived with a very well packed J15. Given Tuesday was Christmas Eve, I think the service was exceptional!

• 1 month later...

I have visited Bure Valley Models several times and have been impressed with their range of stock, as well as the benefit of being part of the Bure Valley Railway. 

I have ordered several things by mail order as a round trip for me is 140 miles. My last two orders were packed and dispatched the same day and arrived the following day by Royal Mail 24 hour tracked. My last order, this week, had free p&p yet they still sent it by 24 hr tracked. It's as though they are my local shop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Have wanted to spread my recent purchases a bit and have tried two new shops, from Bure Valley I have been mightily impressed, I ordered a train pack last Thursday - late PM.  Order arrived efficiently by Saturday morning mail. Well packed and as you'd expect.  Especially in the current climate.  I will be going back and using them in the future. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, DeeeUU said:

I had a good experience with BVM, although the outcome was a little disappointing, Not the fault of BVM who were excellent. I had a conversation by email with a very nice guy called Andrew. I ordered a 4MT.I was getting quite excited to get something during this rough time.

Andrew later let me know that he had put the model onto the test track and it was not functioning. So No 4MT for me, but at least it prevented the backwards and forwards of a faulty model, which would have been more disappointing than not having a nice new 4MT. I will use them again for sure. The communication was first class

Andrew is a top bloke he is the BVR owner,  I try and get most of my stock from BVR as it's on my way to work and as cheap if not cheaper than most places 

Have to agree with the comments above. Bure Valley Models have always gone the extra mile to be helpful and often match/better the bigger box-shifters prices.

If anyone hasn't used them for mail order, give them a go. They need all the help they can get right now, see news article below. It's a local rag, so the ads will probably load before the story...

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/bire-valley-railway-insurance-claim-despite-paying-for-virus-coverage-1-6608739

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1