Bure Valley Models, Aylsham

Pint of Adnams

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Pete 75C said:

Have to agree with the comments above. Bure Valley Models have always gone the extra mile to be helpful and often match/better the bigger box-shifters prices.

If anyone hasn't used them for mail order, give them a go. They need all the help they can get right now, see news article below. It's a local rag, so the ads will probably load before the story...

https://www.northnorfolknews.co.uk/news/bire-valley-railway-insurance-claim-despite-paying-for-virus-coverage-1-6608739

That's terrible Pete, bloody insurance companies,  yes its because of government restrictions but the root cause is the virus.  And the main purpose of Andrew's insurance was for the welfare of his staff.

I always get the impression when I'm over there that Andrew is a good boss. What a shame 

I do hope they can get the payout from the insurance company that all too readily took £30k of their money. If not, I hope they "name and shame" the company involved both in this forum and in the wider public media.

The service I have consistently had from Bure Valley Model Shop over the last few years has been first class and the order always comes extremely well packed.

In support of them, I have just placed a £250 order for a couple of 00-gauge Dapol flying banana railcars!

I do hope that others reading this will also support Andrew Barnes, the owner of BVR and the model shop.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

ITV Anglia interviewed Andrew the other day where he named the Insurance Company involved. This is just another example of being “ripped off”, the railway has paid all the premiums so they should have been paid out.

I have bought numerous items from the model shop over the years, in fact my wallet cries when I visit the place!

lovely people, they don’t deserve this treatment.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Very sad to hear about the insurance, unfortunately it doesn't surprise me at all.

I came to this thread to add my own praise for the shop, I ordered some coaches from them around 3pm yesterday afternoon, and they arrived before lunch today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ouroborus said:

If this helps, the Financial Conduct Authority are looking at insurers who failed to payout claims relating to covid and are taking test cases to court :

https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-releases/update-fca-test-case-validity-business-interruption-claims

I sincerely hope that's of some benefit to Andrew & co at Bure Valley. I've always had a cynical view of insurers, but in this particular case, words fail me.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This is my splendid Father's Day present, the very lovely Hornby Terrier bought from Bure Valley Models, and very well packaged for the journey to NI as requested

IMG_20200621_133905951.jpg.494d97a097a20365c974dd927384083d.jpg

A superb model from an excellent retailer.

Cheers,

Keith

span widget

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Ordered a Hornby Rocket yesterday just before 11am, arrived with me before 9:30 this morning. Very good service from RM and Bure Valley Models. This was made even better by the very good price, nearly £20 under rrp. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I also ordered a Hornby Rocket yesterday (Friday) just before 1pm, it arrived a short while ago at 4.10pm (Saturday) with the postman. I have ordered items now twice this month on a Friday from Bure Valley Models and received the items the next day. Always nicely packed and a good price. Five Star Service.

Fantastic service compared with the other item in the post, which was ordered from another well known model shop nine days ago at a shipping cost of £3.95 - it was sent in a large letter envelope for around a pound.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Bure Valley Models has just announced a 4mm scale model of Wroxham Signal Box, a McKenzie & Holland built GE Type 7 box, produced for them by Bachmann and finished in the pre-WW2 Brown and Cream. Wroxham SB had 50 levers so is a longer box than usual and has been preserved.

Full details on their website: http://www.burevalleymodels.com/p/19440/44-0074Z---Wroxham-Signal-Box

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stewartingram said:

Just for clarification, is this a new moulding, or a previous issue in ne colours? (I'm thinking of the likes of March & Downham Market issues earlier - but I haven't even looked at any photos to check yet).

Stewart

Completely new model and very good by all accounts.

Paul

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Taken from an appeal email from Bure Valley Models received today. Hopefully as many people as possible can support them where possible. It seems nothing from the insurers as yet! (Posted only as a regular satisfied customer and railway passenger when I’m in the area.)

‘After suffering a huge loss of revenue in 2020 and still not having received any settlement from insurers for its business interruption claim The Bure Valley Railway has now suffered the failure of two of it’s locomotive boilers, requiring two new replacement boilers to be ordered at possibly the worst financial time in the railways history.  We appreciate you supporting us through Bure Valley Models, but please support our appeal if you can. We need to get these locomotives back in service to ensure we can run our services when the railway is permitted to reopen. Thank you in advance for your support.’

• Like 1

Another thumbs up from me for truly excellent service from Bure Valley Models. I ordered a Hornby B17 (superb price) yesterday afternoon and it arrived with me in semi-rural East Kent this afternoon. I will be happy to purchase from BVM again - highly recommended. No connection, etc...

• Like 2