Rother Valley Railway connected to Network Rail

roythebus

rvr.BlogSpot.co I think is the link, my computer won't let me cut and paste links to here.

The RVR is now connected to Network Rail at Robertsbridge after 3 days of engineering work. Visit the RVE website for more info.

Through Trains Horsted Keynes-Tenderden may be a thing of the future once the half a mile gap between the RVR at Robertsbridge and the RVR at Junction Road has been filled!  :)

Sadly, through trains may not be possible due the length of headshunt for the mainline connection and the double shuffle to get across to the RVR. A cross platform connection is more likely but it is a fantastic achievement for the RVR and the town.

It's usefulness for charters does appear limited, but the Hastings Unit for example would be ideal.

Chris

Any through trains would need to be less than 6 cars to fit the run-round at TN and the passing loop at Wittersham Road. AIUI the same applies with the double shuffle at RN.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Meanwhile back at the Rother Valley Railway, news via the Kent & East Sussex Railway newsletter is that Rother District Council have formally agreed the planning application to rebuild the railway between Junction Road and Robertsbridge. Linky here (if we're lucky).Read their statement here

Archived