End of the line

d winpenny

Cheers for your input bud I appreciate it, I definitely think it is the best way forward at present could always expand at a later date if the opportunity comes around at the moment I'm having fun with the temporary wiring so I can at least run some trains. the two sections of the yard are live but the point in front of the single road shed shorts as soon as I run a loco over it. I would like to point out at the moment there are only two track feeds on the two headshunts and no isolated joiners I'm presuming if I put isolated fishplates in and I put a feed at the shed end should cure this?

David

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing real to report as I am waiting for my final board to arrive, apart from I am now happy with how the layout need to be wired to work properly no more shorts :) nothing permanent at present as I will have to move everything down when the board turns up and get put inplace

Well bank holiday engineering works have been cancelled due vital equipment been unavailable (new baseboard locked in training room at work) hopefully I will get it soon and get it built and the layout running try my hand at the simple task of just two wire dcc wiring....

My mras turned up and they are tucked away till my birthday

David

• 4 weeks later...

Just to keep you updated

The last board is built and in place

I have a tempory loop set out for running stock till I get some more cork

The Dapol mras are great excluding the weird coupling bars

Pictures will follow when everything is back in its correct place track wise

David

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Marcus, I have had to remove the siding off the access road due to space limitations after making the tmd fit inside the loop but u have managed to fit the siding outside of the 4 road shed in instead, more pictures to follow when I've got the last of the cork laid. The it will be on to the dreaded wiring

David

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Marcus, I have had to remove the siding off the access road due to space limitations after making the tmd fit inside the loop but u have managed to fit the siding outside of the 4 road shed in instead, more pictures to follow when I've got the last of the cork laid. The it will be on to the dreaded wiring

David

Looking forward to seeing more updates.

Not photo'd the layout yet but I took the plunge with the tcut and removed the dick hardy printed name plates from 09021 thought I did a good job also removed the high level air pipes

28235638042_1475f853fd_c.jpg

So I took the plunge and denamed 09021 dick hardy last night think it went ok may do the Numbers next by mosherlad, on Flickr

David

Edited by d winpenny

All good  - plenty to be going at there David.

Hope the inspiration holds up.

Ian

Cheers Ian I'm sure I'll persevere with it failing that most of the layout works and is live so I'll run what works and tinker till its sorted and there's always plenty of other things to be getting on with those buildings won't clad themselves

great job on removing the printed plates from the 09 is it going to be 09201?

Thanks, That is the plan eventually

David