End of the line

d winpenny

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Removing the Scarborough curve was only a loss to the Tampers and NRM for the turning of machines and locomotives!

The biggest disaster was making Scarborough corner over the river a single lead junction along with the more recently corrected approach from the Leeds Lines which meant that a train could not arrive or depart at the same time.

The relaying of the crossovers from the Normanton lines to the Leeds lines at Church Fenton raised the speed from 25mph to 70mph meaning Leeds bound trains could leave on the Main without loosing time on the speed restricted crossovers!

The renewal at Church Fenton North was quite a few years ago, 2010 I recall. Reinstating the four road into York Station to allow parallel moves from Platforms 9-11 was also in planning for a long time before it was delivered.

The Scarborough Goods aligned could have been used to form a  platform 13. This would allow Harrogate trains to run via the avoiding lines to access the Harrogate branch, and thus free up capacity on ECML by no longer using the ladder junction, which I believe was considered.

York IECC transfers to York ROC this X-mas I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The renewal at Church Fenton North was quite a few years ago, 2010 I recall. Reinstating the four road into York Station to allow parallel moves from Platforms 9-11 was also in planning for a long time before it was delivered.

The Scarborough Goods aligned could have been used to form a  platform 13. This would allow Harrogate trains to run via the avoiding lines to access the Harrogate branch, and thus free up capacity on ECML by no longer using the ladder junction, which I believe was considered.

York IECC transfers to York ROC this X-mas I believe.

From Skelton junction to York Station is bidirectional allowing Harrogate trains facing road access!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah David that is some superb collection of HAAs you have! I currently have 36 would love to get it up to 60 ( 3 rakes of 20) for my layout Monks Siding. 

Following with much interest! Are you planning on renumbering all of them? 

Lewis 

Edited by Arpleymodeller

On 19 March 2019 at 21:33, Jack374 said:

Join the club...you’re on the right forum!

It's dedication, not a problem. Keep it up!

Jack.

Cheers jack

2 hours ago, Arpleymodeller said:

Ah David that is some superb collection of HAAs you have! I currently have 36 would love to get it up to 60 ( 3 rakes of 20) for my layout Monks Siding. 

Following with much interest! Are you planning on renumbering all of them? 

Lewis 

Hi lewis

thanks for popping in, I've got 36 already weathered just another 24 left to have done to make 3 rakes of 20,  the ones I've already had weathered  are just suitable filthy so you can't see the wagon numbers a bit of a cop out but it looks good to me just got the working tail lamps to get done after that then I'll be able to take a short break from the mgrs and focus on building a rake of something different

david

u

Hello again from Britain’s most indecisive modeller. I went back to looking at my first muse Healey mills i spent a fair few years of my childhood sat on the embankment. 

I was was at a loose end and I did this mock up and with a bit more space I think I could make a reasonable representation. 

Of of course the usual caveat applies here as I haven’t won the lottery so won’t be moving into a mansion with a huge garage anytime soon so here goes 

senic area 18 to 24ft by 4ft wide the boards in the picture are 3 ft wide so that extra foot would mean I could put an embankment at the back then the single running line nearest the embankment then 6 reception roads and to avoiding( fuel lines)? at the rear then the shed at the front 

the footbridge to the office would be the senic break at one end then the embankment and tree line would provide the break the the opposite end any feedback on my ramblings would be appreciated 

F7EFC1DC-2B14-4DB2-897E-9D78FE4FBBD0.jpeg.41244848813cf86e0545ff7c0d383c08.jpeg

3593AF01-E88E-47B0-800F-17463C2C145B.jpeg.399b3ec3990b96229655e66f5d83fe32.jpeg

david

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 22/11/2018 at 20:58, d winpenny said:

56095 hauls empties as 56127 roars past on a loaded mgr to ferrybridge power station

post-10013-0-14490100-1542920093_thumb.jpeg

David

Brilliant shot of two heavyweight Class 56's working hard. Can almost hear and smell them. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2018 at 20:41, SGJ said:

David, your influence is strong! 

:O

post-9437-0-18679000-1543351273_thumb.jpg

Nice to see 090, I should have one arriving today to link up with 086 that just arrived, although 090 will become a South Wales steel pool loco I think.

• Like 2

Cheers for popping in Leon my plans have changed entirely since my last proper post I'm refraining from posting "updates" as there is nothing really to report apart from rolling stock purchases when I have anything worth posting I will 

David 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Currently thinning out my collection by putting a few bits on eBay, got a few more bits to list anything in this thread you might be interested in let me know and I’ll tell you if it’s for sale 

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=324103558226&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

david

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 11:48, d winpenny said:

Currently thinning out my collection by putting a few bits on eBay, got a few more bits to list anything in this thread you might be interested in let me know and I’ll tell you if it’s for sale 

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575378759&campid=5338273189&customid=&icep_item=324103558226&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

david

Any new plans for layout build David??

Yeah i will be doing at some point I’m not leaving the hobby 

still got a few bits for sale

20 meas mixed liveries

1 loadhaul bda

1 Railfreight bda

Got a coal sector 56 weathered no nem couplings

still got Listed on eBay 

9 MBA wagons
and a sound fitted coal 56

david

Edited by d winpenny
  • Like 2

It will be interesting to see the new plans. I always like to see new ideas and thoughts for them on here.

I hope they sell well and quickly.:good:

I've listed most of my OO, just kept a Blue 37 and 08 and some Engineers stuff for a small project, but will be concentrating on my O Gauge after the house move.

• Like 3

Cheers Andy I will post something on here when something happens I can leave completely I’ve got a set of the cavalex baa on the way and I’m definitely keeping at least one 60 and a sound renumbered ews 56 and my rake of 8 TEA tanks probably my 36 HAAs although I have a bunch more to sell on but need to check the condition and of the Others if don’t sell I’ll keep them I don’t need to sell them

David

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1