Rapido's Next UK Project - 3D Scan Party at Locomotion 8 April

rapidobill

Well, we're at it again.

I'll be travelling over for the York show shortly, then will be down to NRM Shildon for our next 3-D scan event to be held on April 8 from 10:00-17:00. Full details can be found on our web site at http://www.rapidotrains.com/ukscan2.html or on locomotionmodels.com. Hope to see many of you there!

For those who can't make the event, full details will be made public on April 8.

Oh.... what is it? I would think that would be obvious.... :secret:

Bill Schneider

Rapido Trains

Bill avatar is a Deltic,..

I hope so! (done in plastic before, not well done, traveled the country, looks nothing like the photographs...

Luke

There are two rapido models in the offing, this is the locomotion one and yet to be scanned, not the 'done in plastc rtr before etc' one which has already been scanned but not revealed and is a pure Rapido offering I think.

I'm guessing HST prototype for the locomotion scanning party.

I'm sure he meant to say Hardwicke please :angel:

My money is on ... Stirling Single.

A 120th anniversary "race to the North" set of a GNR Stirling Single and the LNWR Precedent Hardwicke. (Sell like the proverbial griddle cooked batter to the silent majority of secret plinthers. Just the thing for the NRM.)

I like these ideas, but would Jason? It is Bill who started this thread though.

Let's see: Something GWR, with interesting undercarriage detail. I know, a GWR "SMU" including a rail motor and trailer set? (Lots of undercarriage details there.) No, Kernow's got the railmotor project and it's not in the NRM collection.

Does it have to be a locomotive I wonder?

How about a motorized GWR toplight slip coach, diagram F16? (If only there were one at Shildon they could crawl around underneath.)

Jason loves detailed interiors. How about a Castle with working GWR ATC?

Castles? How about a kerosene Castle? No, that's not in the collection either.

How about North Star in a 0028* scale/gauge  - at least it's at Shildon? They'd have to sell 28mm "Bendy Baulk" to go with it. (What a market there!)

* Perhaps in the best British model railway tradition that should be 24.6mm (H0IKB). ;)

No? Well I'm stumped. It's back to matchy, matchy, streamlined multiple units again then.

• RMweb Gold

I know it's not british, but Jason what about one of these monsters, Built in Denmark as a multiple unit for intercity work in the 60's, It will fit nicely along side my apt-e on the 50 GWR branchline using rule 1DSB-MA460.jpg

It could be a decent Terrier in 4mm. Has that been suggested before? It could even come with spare wheelsets for P4. The chassis could be designed from the outset to incorporate a speaker and large stay alive capacitor.

Another option would be an ex SECR P class.

Oh.... what is it? I would think that would be obvious....  :secret:

It's pretty easy to work out. It needs to be something iconic, something that will appeal to collectors and Rule#1 modellers alike. Something that has never been produced RTR before.

It can only be the Velocipede! :D

5768114500_280108eb61.jpg

• RMweb Premium

It could be a decent Terrier in 4mm. Has that been suggested before? It could even come with spare wheelsets for P4. The chassis could be designed from the outset to incorporate a speaker and large stay alive capacitor.

Another option would be an ex SECR P class.

Not likely, unfortunately, if only because there are no Terriers at Shildon to my knowledge (Boxhill's in the NRM at York), but I doubt Jason would do a steam loco, especially such a small one, at this moment in Rapido's UK outline approach.

Archived