Rapido's Next UK Project - 3D Scan Party at Locomotion 8 April

rapidobill

• RMweb Premium

Just out of interest, what do people think about the price point? People bemoaned Bachmann for their pricing on the atlantic, yet this is a stage above. I'm not knocking Rapido's pricing structure by the way, merely asking a question...

Personally, like the Atlantic, I would love one. Cannot justify it as its not my main area of interest and to be honest even if it was I think I would struggle to find £200 for a loco, There is also a mental block somewhere there to overcome.

Just out of interest, what do people think about the price point? People bemoaned Bachmann for their pricing on the atlantic, yet this is a stage above. I'm not knocking Rapido's pricing structure by the way, merely asking a question...

Personally, like the Atlantic, I would love one. Cannot justify it as its not my main area of interest and to be honest even if it was I think I would struggle to find £200 for a loco, There is also a mental block somewhere there to overcome.

It is pricy BUT some of the profits are going to help the national collection so it has my vote.

What's next Jason & co :P

• RMweb Gold

The website gives a delivery date of Autumn 2016. With the well publicised yearly price rises in China, £199 seems about right price wise when the Atlantic is currently £179. Given Rapido's reputation i can see it being a stunning model and well worth the money

To produce a high quality model of a loco that is now unique and came out of service over a century ago could be seen as quite a financial risk and sales may not be all that high. Therefore a premimium price in my view is justified. Just think how much you would have to pay someone to scratch build you one to the same standard!

If the Single is successful perhaps we can look forward to more models of the NRM Collection which are now unique and may not be supported by models of other members of the class long gone. Aerolite and Hardwock spring to mind.

Incidentally do we now have an arrangement where Bachmann produce NRM Models which can spawn other members of the class and Rapido does the one offs?!

• RMweb Gold

As someone who has a part built Single, I think the price is what I would expect to pay , try putting together the components (8'wheels, decent but small motor & gearbox + other) and it's a pretty hefty bill.

The extra for sound might be something to do with trying to fit it into such a small locomotive.

• RMweb Premium

Well and truly surprised. Could the Stirling single be the oldest loco design to get an OO RTR model? 1870, as compared to the Terrier of 1872. (I recall that last year there was the dangling of the prospect of a Kirtley MR outside frame 0-6-0, - 1850? - but there has been silence since.)

Stirling single is modern image compared with a Triang Rocket  of 1829.

Guest spet0114

Well and truly surprised. Could the Stirling single be the oldest loco design to get an OO RTR model? 1870, as compared to the Terrier of 1872. (I recall that last year there was the dangling of the prospect of a Kirtley MR outside frame 0-6-0, - 1850? - but there has been silence since.)

Surely the Tri-ang rocket holds that distinction?

• RMweb Premium

Well done Locomotion and Rapido. It's a model people have been asking for, so I think a good choice. I'm also happy to see that Jason is turning to steam and hope in the fullness of time to see more examples. How about a tie up with Glasgow Transport Museum Jason - Glen Douglas, mmmmmm

Glad someone other than me has raised issue of price. Compared to APTE seems a bit high. As this would only be in the nice to have category and probably run very infrequently I'm afraid at this price it's definitely not one for me.

All the best though, certainly gives people opportunity to spend their newly released pension pots!

Well done Locomotion and Rapido. It's a model people have been asking for, so I think a good choice. I'm also happy to see that Jason is turning to steam and hope in the fullness of time to see more examples. How about a tie up with Glasgow Transport Museum Jason - Glen Douglas, mmmmmm

Glad someone other than me has raised issue of price. Compared to APTE seems a bit high. As this would only be in the nice to have category and probably run very infrequently I'm afraid at this price it's definitely not one for me.

All the best though, certainly gives people opportunity to spend their newly released pension pots!

Hypocrisy of the first water from this poster after spending the past four months slagging off Bachmann prices at every opportunity...!     :banghead:

• RMweb Gold

There are also these kits, although I have yet to see anyone on here build and finish one.

It's off topic but Steve White had one at Ally Pally, it looked good and he was going to see how it went together but is in the midst of moving house and working in Chicago.

For what is a few quid I might give one a go.

Oh come on, I've just built one!

And I'm really tempted by this one..

But it'll make mine look rubbish...

But I want one...

But it's really expensive and my C1 Is arriving any minute...

Why is Locomotion so cruel!!!!

• RMweb Premium

Hypocrisy of the first water from this poster after spending the past four months slagging off Bachmann prices at every opportunity...!     :banghead:

Sorry don't see it coach. It's the prices I've been on about and as Bachmann have large increases I've been very critical of them.You'll note that like Bachmann I'm saying these prices are a tad high for me, no inconsistency there. I'm also making the point price seems a bit high compared to APT-E , so genuinely puzzled by your approach.

Archived