Rapido's Next UK Project - 3D Scan Party at Locomotion 8 April

rapidobill

I know it's not british, but Jason what about one of these monsters, Built in Denmark as a multiple unit for intercity work in the 60's, It will fit nicely along side my apt-e on the 50 GWR branchline using rule 1DSB-MA460.jpg

Were they not built in Germany? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_VT_11.5

From 1963 a second series of these trains were sold to the Danish State Railway (DSB) for use as national express trains (lyntog, meaning lightning trains).[6] This was a modified version which could be separated into two independent units and loaded on to the Great Belt ferries, and a total of 5½ whole or 11 half units were sold.[7] It was given the designation "litra MA", ranging from MA 460 to 470. In 1990 these trains were phased out from Danish service and donated to a Polish railway (first private in Poland - Lubuska Kolej Regionalna Spółka z o.o.). After collapsing private raliway (1994), all these trains were scrapted. [8] MA 460 survives at the Danish Railway Museum.

• RMweb Gold

Were they not built in Germany? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_VT_11.5

Yes they were. In the 80, they where painted in a silver colour, I managed to ride one once before they where phased out,

They had a powercar at each end but could also be divided into two sections ( to fit into the train ferrys that where in use before the tunnel under the great belt. So there were two driving cabs facing each other in the middle as well.

Here is a link to a video about then

I know it's not british, but Jason what about one of these monsters, Built in Denmark as a multiple unit for intercity work in the 60's, It will fit nicely along side my apt-e on the 50 GWR branchline using rule 1DSB-MA460.jpg

I think Roco did that one already...

I would love to see that one...: http://www.nrm.org.uk/OurCollection/LocomotivesAndRollingStock/CollectionItem.aspx?objid=1975-7000&pageNo=2&cat=All&comp=All&ipp=96

Unless I'm mistaken 1 of the 5 LEVs is still over the water on the American continant, however there are differences between each.

I thought it was under the water...

Or maybe I'm thinking of these:

Lansdowne-12-30-05-rk.jpg

If Rapido were going to do something wierd and continental, I would expect it to be one of these in HO, as Jason will need it for his layout ;)

attachicon.gifNorthlander_Toronto_1984.jpg

Adrian

The bigger question is can you send me more photos from that location, but in high res? Gorgeous!

-Jason

The bigger question is can you send me more photos from that location, but in high res? Gorgeous!

-Jason

You've got them somewhere Jason. I know I've given you scans of the negatives that I have (it's only about a dozen photos). If you can't find them, I'll drop a memory stick with another set on it at the office Rapido World Headquarters the next time I visit George's.

Adrian

You've got them somewhere Jason. I know I've given you scans of the negatives that I have (it's only about a dozen photos). If you can't find them, I'll drop a memory stick with another set on it at the office Rapido World Headquarters the next time I visit George's.

Adrian

If it's on his desk..... it's lost forever..... :>)

Bill

Actually, Märklin did that ages ago (IIRC it's still in their catalogue, Trix has the DC version) and Roco did the original (pre-Canada) version with DDC/sound. I know, I have one :P (and Jason knows that, I've send him some pic's of that model last year :P )

I know, I've seen the Trix versions in HO and N. I might have bought the N-scale one if it didn't have euro-flange wheels..

Adrian

Originally, I did wonder about the class 800 IEP with the Hitachi plant, a couple of miles away, been rail connected last week. There are no rail moves into Shildon on Realtime from last week until party day, so it is either already there or coming by road.

Mike Wiltshire

Originally, I did wonder about the class 800 IEP with the Hitachi plant, a couple of miles away, been rail connected last week. There are no rail moves into Shildon on Realtime from last week until party day, so it is either already there or coming by road.

Mike Wiltshire

Any possible moves into Shildon might not be loaded into the system yet. I'm sure today's "movement of something interesting that I went and photographed" wasn't in the system when I had a look 2 days ago.

Edit: let's not spoil the surprise.

Is that your layout, Chris?  It looks amazing!

-Jason

It's the Egham & Staines Model Railway Society's 'Carling Lake' layout. There were five of us in the HO Canadian group. I moved away from area, and two of the guys have since died, so the future of the layout is in some doubt at present as the two remaining guys are over 70. This is the fourth or fifth incarnation of the layout which started out as Fraser Canyon. Carling Lake, at the opposite end from the picture, has five gallons of water in it and a car float and tug which actually move, the freightcars being switched on and off the barge - a skilled operation and great fun to do. My contribution to the present layout was to build the car float, tug and the barge slip. It's one of my best efforts and I will be disappointed if we can't find a way of keeping the layout going.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

It's the Egham & Staines Model Railway Society's 'Carling Lake' layout. There were five of us in the HO Canadian group. I moved away from area, and two of the guys have since died, so the future of the layout is in some doubt at present as the two remaining guys are over 70. This is the fourth or fifth incarnation of the layout which started out as Fraser Canyon. Carling Lake, at the opposite end from the picture, has five gallons of water in it and a car float and tug which actually move, the freightcars being switched on and off the barge - a skilled operation and great fun to do. My contribution to the present layout was to build the car float, tug and the barge slip. It's one of my best efforts and I will be disappointed if we can't find a way of keeping the layout going.

CHRIS LEIGH

I do hope you can Chris - it was very impressive (water an' all) when it appeared at Wycrail.

This was done by Roco. I was looking out for a silver one but don't think they did it in the end.  A little more up to date, how about an IC4 then?   (plenty of static ones to scan.... Danish joke :angel: )

Archived