NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

Neville hill may be a cryptic clue, class 180s go there for maintance, shame charlie didn't say chester (for a 175)

As a spooky aside if you google earth newton heath there is a 180s parked on the shed

The Grand Central 180s go to Crofton for maintenance I think when on Bradford diagrams, and Heaton for Sunderland diagrams.

We could be doing this thread X4 = 312 !!    Charlie

I didn't think you liked things with a coathanger stuck to the roof...

PS If you did break the habit of a lunchtime and do a unit with a coathanger I'd be happy to wire up Kings Oak and promote them!

Edited by wombatofludham

I didn't think you liked things with a coathanger stuck to the roof...

PS If you did break the habit of a lunchtime and do a unit with a coathanger I'd be happy to wire up Kings Oak and promote them!

As we have said before:   We will announce when we are happy with what & where we have got in the development stage, early days yet.    Charlie

A tease was given implying more details at the NEC, suggesting Warley, but announcement of the actual model had been delayed.  Rapido tease a new modal which has been scanned details to be announce at Warley but this too has had to be delayed as a result of some issue with the tooling.   Rapido model will be release in conjunction with an unnamed uk partner.

Have these two 'ever been seen in the same room' so to speak, or are they one and the same.

• RMweb Premium

A tease was given implying more details at the NEC, suggesting Warley, but announcement of the actual model had been delayed.  Rapido tease a new modal which has been scanned details to be announce at Warley but this too has had to be delayed as a result of some issue with the tooling.   Rapido model will be release in conjunction with an unnamed uk partner.

Have these two 'ever been seen in the same room' so to speak, or are they one and the same.

The Realtrack 144 was made by Rapido. (Edit - more accurately - in the factory that makes Rapido models)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

The Realtrack 144 was made by Rapido.

Cheers,

Mick

Sadly Incorrect.   The Rapido Team helped us through the tribulations during design, teething issues and the complicated dealings with their factory (Matex) this factory also produces Dapol, DJM, Kernow and other companies products, we met them in conjunction with the NRM at Locomotion and have helped with research re APTe (Sound Etc) & the Prototype HST, some wise people among you might have noticed that our stand at the NEC was next to them & Revolution Trains, YES we know Mike & Ben too!!  It makes perfect sense for small manufacturers to work together with the aim of producing a range of products in conjuction, not in competition.   Realtracks Major Retailer (Kernow) is our pal too, so of course working together makes sound business sense.  

Some of you may have noticed the unfortunate situation that DJM has had recently re the Class 71, The Hattons King & the Q6.    Could this have a bearing on our Non Announcement.  We will let you work that one out.  

Look at Mr Sutton's Class 24, Kept Secret, well planned and a fabulous product.    

Lessons should be learnt in other places, we decided the Non Announcement before we ever new about a Class 24!

• Like 3

Of course Mr Sutton did not make announcements about non-announcements in relation to any announcements. The first anyone knew was when it was ready for sale rather than him dropping hints and non-hints like other makers.

• Like 2

Sadly Incorrect.   The Rapido Team helped us through the tribulations during design, teething issues and the complicated dealings with their factory (Matex) this factory also produces Dapol, DJM, Kernow and other companies products, we met them in conjunction with the NRM at Locomotion and have helped with research re APTe (Sound Etc) & the Prototype HST, some wise people among you might have noticed that our stand at the NEC was next to them & Revolution Trains, YES we know Mike & Ben too!!  It makes perfect sense for small manufacturers to work together with the aim of producing a range of products in conjuction, not in competition.   Realtracks Major Retailer (Kernow) is our pal too, so of course working together makes sound business sense.  

Some of you may have noticed the unfortunate situation that DJM has had recently re the Class 71, The Hattons King & the Q6.    Could this have a bearing on our Non Announcement.  We will let you work that one out.  

Lessons should be learnt in other places, we decided the Non Announcement before we ever new about a Class 24!

Incorrect Charlie,

The factory named has not produced any models for DJM or Kernow.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

OK Charlie when are you going to announce the Transpennine unit you want to make for me and my mate.

Please could the "modern image" modellers not get too excited about the Transpennine unit Charlie is going to make for me and my mate as it is going to be a real modern image six car unit, in a very pretty green.

• Like 1

Sorry Dave but on your Facebook Page some time ago Chris was having a meal with Dennis. I assumed this was the case, sorry about that.    Charlie

Yup, agreed and it might look that way, but that company and I go back a long time, MRA wagons amongst others, and we popped by to discuss things and have dinner before moving onto a new factory.

The previous day we went to the factory known for making the Kernow O2 and Beattie and had lunch with them too.....mmmmmmmmmm chicken feet and goose beak......... Yummy.

• Like 2

Yup, agreed and it might look that way, but that company and I go back a long time, MRA wagons amongst others, and we popped by to discuss things and have dinner before moving onto a new factory.

The previous day we went to the factory known for making the Kernow O2 and Beattie and had lunch with them too.....mmmmmmmmmm chicken feet and goose beak......... Yummy.

I liked the shredded potatoes!    Very yummy!  Not sure what the 'Meat' was though???    Not seen Lassie for ages!     Charlie    

• RMweb Gold

People often criticise Chinese restaurants in the UK for not being very representative of real Chinese cuisine. So far as chicken feet are concerned, I am very glad that they are not! Tried them once (Chinese New Year at friends'), never again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

NO WE ARE NOT DOING A CLASS 76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Saves 30 pages of new threads! Charlie

That's a shame.

Somewhere in the back of my strategic reserve kits cupboard I have a box with some lumps of whitemetal with a faded picture of a EM1 on the front, the name of the company who produced this has also faded but I think it beings with a D. :scared: