NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

As a purchaser of both the FGW and Arriva 143s (both sound fitted) I cannot but congratulate you on what I recon is one of, if not the best model I own.

I'm also a big advocate of the Legomanbiffo sound chips, again I recon the best on the market.

Best wishes for 2016 and I look forward to the whatever the new DMU will be.  We all need patients, something a lot of us on here seem to lack, me included on times, but lets face it, who can say the Class 143 wasn't worth the wait! 

As a purchaser of both the FGW and Arriva 143s (both sound fitted) I cannot but congratulate you on what I recon is one of, if not the best model I own.

I'm also a big advocate of the Legomanbiffo sound chips, again I recon the best on the market.

Best wishes for 2016 and I look forward to the whatever the new DMU will be.  We all need patients, something a lot of us on here seem to lack, me included on times, but lets face it, who can say the Class 143 wasn't worth the wait!

I have patients but I don't like to bring my work home with me!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I still marvel at the fine printing on the FGW one I have, and I can't help myself in showing it off to any visitors.

Just had a small batch arrive of the Devon Ones!     NOW this is your last chance.    Charlie  

SUGGEST ringing as the website say Sold Out! 01132 563415 Mon-Thurs 9am to 2pm ONLY

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie

You once said that there were slight differences between the worst rail and Arriva versions and that one would be easier to backdate to good old BR days. Could you remind me which is which and if you have any left? I presume you will be at Doncaster at the weekend so I might just have to get myself an early Christmas present- if you have any left that is.

• 1 month later...

When is this new Realtrack dmu going to be announced ?, it seems to of been going on for ages now.

The usual reply...When they feel that they've got something worth showing. Meanwhile lets continue guessing because manufacturers love making announcements of announcements of announcements of a model.

I don't see why this topic had to be started in the first place. If they didn't have anything worth showing there was no point getting people excited and then delaying the announcements by months.

Well it's only saturday morning, but I feel confident this post is going to win the award of most sensible post of the week. Might even be a contender for sensible post of the month.

I don't see why this topic had to be started in the first place. If they didn't have anything worth showing there was no point getting people excited and then delaying the announcements by months.

• Like 2

Well it's only saturday morning, but I feel confident this post is going to win the award of most sensible post of the week. Might even be a contender for sensible post of the month.

There's two things that excite me in the British model trains industry... announcements of models and buying models. If something as simple as that cannot be done, then that doesn't go down well with me.

We have delayed the announcement simply because of the changing UK market place, when a small outfit like ours hears 'info' on other product developments from other UK manufacturers we paused things to await developments, not intentional originally but in October we paused to assess the facts in 'rumours & speculation', when these tip off's were proved incorrect,we silently continued.  We might have news later in the year 'WHEN' we have had running painted samples and have a firm production slot and a confirmed final price.  PPS IF we leave the Euro the Pound V Dollar will change making all trains from China more expensive, UNLIKE STEEL!!!!!!!

Charlie & Arran

• RMweb Premium

We have delayed the announcement simply because of the changing UK market place, when a small outfit like ours hears 'info' on other product developments from other UK manufacturers we paused things to await developments, not intentional originally but in October we paused to assess the facts in 'rumours & speculation', when these tip off's were proved incorrect,we silently continued.  We might have news later in the year 'WHEN' we have had running painted samples and have a firm production slot and a confirmed final price.  PPS IF we leave the Euro the Pound V Dollar will change making all trains from China more expensive, UNLIKE STEEL!!!!!!!

Charlie & Arran

"might" and "when".....

You are such a tease.

:jester:

Are you doing it in Grand Central colours?

oops.....

We aren't in the euro so we wont be leaving it.

If of course you mean the eu, it is pure speculation on your part as to what will or will not happen to International exchange rates. I can of course only comment on my sector, but I would suggest there are other issues that will have a greater affect on currency fluctuation than BREXIT.

In any case, your comparison to steel is invalid as imports from China would be affected the same regardless of commodity (based upon your belief of the exchange rates changing). China is going to continue its devaluation of the Yuan which in fact is going to potentially make its exports cheaper. That is one of the advantages of being a Sovereign Nation in charge of your own currency.

PPS IF we leave the Euro the Pound V Dollar will change making all trains from China more expensive, UNLIKE STEEL!!!!!!!

Charlie & Arran

Edited by Derekstuart

• RMweb Gold

Interesting article by Larry Elliot in the Guardian this morning quoting Bryan Gould who writes that to kickstart a recovery of British business and prevent us from buying everything we want from abroad we need to devalue our currency by 30% and create a mechanism that will provide credit for investment. We certainly live in interesting times and I don't envy Charlie and Arran in their decision making; one thing is for sure if Brexit does happen we will end up with a government that will spend the next ten years having to concentrate on sorting out the new trading relationships we will need to have.

Happy days!

Godfrey

PS Looking forward to seeing the new Railtrack DMU when its ready to announce Charlie!

Again, that is speculation. Article 50 does provide for post eu agreements. As a net importer from around the world you can be sure Countries will waste little time in forming agreements.

we will end up with a government that will spend the next ten years having to concentrate on sorting out the new trading relationships we will need to have.

As for devaluing currency I would agree (though 30% is a ridiculous figure).

Sorry for off topic, but spurious claims cannot go un-challenged.

Great post Budgie.....what wouldn't we all want eh?

a company announce their intention to produce a new model and they get a load of diverse replies, then we wonder why some companies don't communicate at all.

I don't want a DMU. I just wish someone would make an Electrostar.

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie & Arran

Amusing (the entertaining sort of amusing) world of model rail manufacturing. I came across a case of one manufacturer representatives advising retailers that one of their competition manufacturers were developing a re-tooled super detailed version of the original manufacturers model. When approaching the accused manufacturer there was a pointed no and much laughter. Who needs the celebration gossip in the paper when you can get as much entertainment from 'models'!

Question though, is the 'New DMU' the same as the 'Next' model from Rapido. Or just total coincidence that both outfits are developing new multiple unit models at the same time and seem to have a good working relationship? I am just a little confused as there has been suggestions on threads without fact.

• 1 month later...

EP1 Sample of new DMU arrived, runs like a dream, 20+ modifications to bodyshell as expected with the 1st test sample, cannot tell you yet the prototype due to

commercial reasons, Please bear with us on this one.    Charlie

• Like 1