NEW Realtrack DMU

charliepetty

, Twin Moor Fitted using super low profile mounting position so the motor is fully hidden,

Charlie

Twin Moors?  If Dart and Saddleworth, it must be a 142.

On the detailed khazi model, when I was involved in making content for the first iteration of Train Simulator, which had a "Passenger Cam" option, I wanted us to include a passenger view set inside the lavatory and call it "Crapper cam", complete with sound effects.  So, if Bif wants to add the sound of a slightly constipated bloke finally managing to have an Eartha Kitt on the lavatory to his sound chip for the new model, I think I've still got the sound-effect saved on an external hard drive...

• 2 weeks later...

I would be plumping for something with a 20+ year operating window with a fairly standard outline and zillions of liveries if I wanted to get a return on my investment.....? So  150 is out so 142/155/156/158 would be top. Then the odd balls 175/185 etc.....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I would be plumping for something with a 20+ year operating window with a fairly standard outline and zillions of liveries if I wanted to get a return on my investment.....? So  150 is out so 142/155/156/158 would be top. Then the odd balls 175/185 etc.....

Not a huge amount of liveries on a 155 and apart from their early days in Wales and West, a relatively limited area of operation.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Is this a new game? Go on then, my turn:

I know what it should be.... a class 119

I also know what it isn't.... a class 119

sigh.

I know what it should be....

I know what it is........

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

From the horses mouth (albeit well over a year ago)... A 156 in colaboration with Rapido. I hope so anyway. A 142 will do nicely too as my Hornby ones don't sit too well with my two Realtrack 144s!

HI All

The horse could be better described as the Riddler from Batman .

Regards Arran

We won't know what the model is until it is more advanced, that's what Realtrack have said, so for me this thread is of little relevance till then ,however what would help is if Arran or Charlie advised whether this model is being produced with Rapido, as they have a similar thread for a British outline dmu being developed in 'oo' gauge, which is being produced with 'a UK partner' (their words) and its progress and ultimate identification timescale seems to be similar to Realtrack's. So without breaking any confidences, are they the same project or not.

I do not understand the need for all this being kept top secret, it is not as though Realtrack will announce a class 142 or class 156, then Hornby will announce a new class 142 or class 156, it would make no commercial sense to duplicate something that has been announced.

For example I have heard from many reliable sources that Bachmann have been working on a modern  generation emu for quite a few years now in oo gauge, that has not been announced yet, and it is not a mk3 based emu.

Certain people get told thing's, that are being worked on behind the scenes from other manufacturer's.

Certain people knew Bachmann had been working on a mk3 based emu for a number of years, then it gets announced the class 319 in n gauge.

I think it will pan out like this.

Realtrack new secret dmu  class 142, 1 bodyshell needed they have the chassis already, the electronics, interior lighting and some of the correct seats.

Realtrack on its own class 142, or Realtrack working with Rapido class 156, low floor mounted drive, gives the game away to me.

Rapido  new secret dmu    class 156 and or maybe Class 175, I bet it will be the 156 though, only one bodyshell needed, two shell's needed if class 175 for 3 car  version.

Bachmann class 323 emu in 00 gauge 2 bodyshells needed.

Then Revolution trains might scale up its class 320/321 to 00 gauge.

If Bachmann  gets in first and scales up the 319 to 00, whichever one does it first will be able to produce all of the 20 metre length mk3 based emu .

My understanding is that the manufacturers intend to keep a lid on it until they actually have models to sell. A novel idea in this hobby! (CJL)

Well not exactly, they both had a late conversion to the 'purity' of not announcing the model or models, having both started guessing threads with the intention of making an announcement late last year, then became all coy and decided not to until a more advanced stage of development. Both announced first eps were being evaluated in the last couple of months and both hope to announce the model at Warley 2016 - strange similarity.  That's their prerogative and I don't worry either way, but I suspect a lot of modellers will be annoyed if it turns out that the Realtrack and the Rapido projects are one and the same.

I can categorically state that Revolution have absolutely no plans to scale up the 320/321 to OO.

I'll leave the rest to Charlie and Arran to create mischief and confusion as they see fit ;)

Cheers Mike

gutted!!! I was hoping for several in OO!

I do not understand the need for all this being kept top secret, it is not as though Realtrack will announce a class 142 or class 156, then Hornby will announce a new class 142 or class 156, it would make no commercial sense to duplicate something that has been announced.

What like Hornby did when DJM announced they were doing the class 71?