Martins homegrown trees, bushes 'n weeds

I prefer synthetic materials after my first show layout I presented in 2012. After the first show most trees with natural materials, this supertree teloxis something material, were damaged after transportation. So I started to build trees from wire and fibers, the only thing that happens now is a bad choice of glue..

Fooled around a bit more with the novelties.

25360553238_1dc1bb5b81_b.jpg

24364892607_8d7b5d8026_b.jpg

39198333552_9c79f370d5_b.jpg

27450720129_683e6e0c6f_b.jpg

39198360242_e8c40a2e12_b.jpg

39226354631_ed68a45d12_b.jpg
  • Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 3 months later...

Hi...

Have just discovered this topic whilst searching for such scenic advice......my what awesome work.....I will never emulate this level of craftsmanship..but it certainly has inspired me...

Thank you.....

Regards always.....

Bob

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello Martin. It's good to see you back on here. 

Some lovely work there. Do tell us about the new goodies please!:D

Here's a photo of some work on our Ouse Valley Viaduct layout. Mostly done with the Greenkeeper.

20190630_153643a.jpg.a4226bb948e57f2344cfa9fbb6163c14.jpg

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 9

More power is always better IMO. The only thing I can say further looking at the picture is that there's room for improved glueing techniques. Can't explain it in words and don't have the pictures yet (or better said the publisher doesn't allow use on the internet). But take it easy on the first layers, just dot and don't glue the whole surface. Let room for your earthtoned groundcover to peak through. Dab with an old brush, with wide spread hairs or a sponge. Add a couple of 2mm layers in 2 tones. Start mopstly with light green, add a layer of beige on top and end with the wanted seasonal color. On top of that I add the longer fibers in different layers. My work always has a layer or 8 starting from the groundcover.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Martin.

The only small problem that I have with the RTS is with the cone attachment for narrow places. It's not as good as the one that I have for the original Grasmaster. I will have to try to fabricate another one that is longer.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, milocomarty said:

Hi John, we're developing a line of weed details to use between the static grass. Did a lot of testing on this piece of the layout and we're pretty pleased with the looks and the way it can be used. We're working on even finer detail.

Another one here who’d like to know more about the weed detailing..

Staggering work.

I too use the Greenkeeper static grass applicator tho after 25kgs of grass on Heaton Lodge it’s starting to flag a bit