ICI Hoppers from Hatton's in Partnership with Oxford Rail

Andy Y

ICI Hoppers from Hatton's in Partnership with Oxford Rail

post-6680-0-25114900-1312552423_thumb.jp

Hatton’s are always looking for new ways to bring modellers the best and most sought after product possible and we are pleased

to announce our latest partnership with Oxford Rail. We will be producing the much requested and ever popular Northwich ICI

hopper wagon which ran from Peak Forest quarries to Northwich refineries delivering limestone. These wagons ran from the

1930’s, with steam traction, through to the 1990’s with all manner of diesel locomotives hauling them. They are instantly

recognisable with their rugged riveted bodies and plain grey livery which more often than not weathered to a dull brown very

quickly.

The wagons will feature everything you would expect from modern OO gauge rolling stock:

RP25 wheel profile with 3 hole wheels

NEM coupling pockets and tension lock couplings

Diamond frame bogies (1940’s)

Plate frame bogies (1950's onwards)

Ladders (where applicable)

Vacuum reservoirs, brake hoses and piping

Handbrake wheels

Raised ICI lettering (larger size)

Full rivet detail

Brake shoes in line with wheels

Pin point axles/axleboxes

Interior Hopper detail (doors etc)

Optional load for wagon (sold separately)

Etched metal ladders

• Like 19

Just had a look on the Hattons site and there are 20 versions available to pre order covering mid grey, dark grey pre TOPS and dark grey TOPS with the later having options for non ICI branded types. There are also several weathered versions planned. For a potentially complex model and a retailer commission, the advertised price ios somewhat startling at £24 for the pristine versions and £25 for the weathered ones. One of my all time favourite weagons, although limited in geographical use, but long lasting. Was tempted by the Wild Boar model, but the sample on their website lacked rivet detail, so I held back

• RMweb Gold

The price seems very competitive, a guaranteed pre-order price of £24 or £25 weathered (not an estimated price which they reserve the right to change)

Will be interesting to see what the Oxford factory weathering will look like?

Hatton’s & Oxford Rail OO Gauge ICI Hopper (PHV) Press Release

post-6680-0-25114900-1312552423_thumb.jp

Hatton’s are always looking for new ways to bring modellers the best and most sought after product possible and we are pleased
to announce our latest partnership with Oxford Rail. We will be producing the much requested and ever popular Northwich ICI
hopper wagon which ran from Peak Forest quarries to Northwich refineries delivering limestone. These wagons ran from the
1930’s, with steam traction, through to the 1990’s with all manner of diesel locomotives hauling them. They are instantly
recognisable with their rugged riveted bodies and plain grey livery which more often than not weathered to a dull brown very
quickly.

The wagons will feature everything you would expect from modern OO gauge rolling stock:
RP25 wheel profile with 3 hole wheels
NEM coupling pockets and tension lock couplings
Diamond frame bogies (1940’s)
Plate frame bogies (1950's onwards)
Ladders (where applicable)
Vacuum reservoirs, brake hoses and piping
Handbrake wheels
Raised ICI lettering (larger size)
Full rivet detail
Brake shoes in line with wheels
Pin point axles/axleboxes
Interior Hopper detail (doors etc)
Optional load for wagon (sold separately)
Etched metal ladders

Typical, just as my castings arrive!

Ah well, look forward to the RTR Model.

Wild Boar Fell

• RMweb Premium

Just when someone in our club has designed a decent etch for these....

only question.. when?

Chapel en Le Frith needs two trains of these by the end of October this year.....so when will they arrive?

Baz

Might be stating the ******** obvious, but these vehicles ran in quite large trains, not as singletons. As there is quite a lot of detail in them they aren't going to cost less than £30 each. The eleven wagon train above will therefore cost £330! If you want empties and loaded, £660!

Now I'm a CLC freak, started my spotting at Northenden c1950, but these are not for the faint hearted branch line enthusiast, not at all.

Regards

Edited by PenrithBeacon

John Summers. Complete train of 11 wagons urgently needed. £275 . Please  Hattons .  It is obvious already that there will be a good demand for Summer's wagons especially at that price .

. Pulled by a  weathered 9 f .would look superb. 

• RMweb Gold

Cost of £25 has already been stated above so not as bad as you think. I have just ordered 8 for just under £200.

£25 for the weathered version, £24 for the pristine. Have ordered 7 myself and may add more. Hopefully we wont have to wait too long for them. Can't wait personally.