Andy Y

ICI Hoppers from Hatton's in Partnership with Oxford Rail

Style 3 is ...not very good.... style 2 is much better but I weather my own stock anyway as I like wagons to all be different

Baz

• Like 1

Just perusing the Hattons website - thinking of putting in an order BUT.....there are small and large "ICI"s on some wagons.  Wish Hattons website said which were which, or would it be possible for Hattons Dave to post a list on here??

Many Thanks.

3200 to 3283 later ICIM 19000 to 19083 later BLI ditto had small letters and diamond frame bogie from new. From 1980s onwards swapped diamond bogie for plate frame bogie.

3284 to 3319 / 19084 - 19119 had large letters and plate frame bogies from new.

A mixture of both is realistic in any era from 1950s onwards.

HTH Paul

Hi all,

Here's a quick breakdown showing which ICI lettering is fitted (if any) to each wagon in the full range that we're producing.

post-28458-0-75808400-1506088788_thumb.png

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

mid 2018, that gives me time to get my credit card cleared. Might have to dream up a reason for a Tunstead to Black Country working..

Agreed, that'll be the Bescot portion of the little known and never knowingly photographed Tunstead to Southampton train (for export) via the West Midlands, Banbury Oxford and the DN&S - often hauled by pairs of Claytons and the occasional Class 28 - Ruuuuuulllllllleeeee 1 stretched ................. :good:

Edited by Southernman46

Where do you think it is wrong? Looks pretty close to this: http://www.wildboarmodels.co.uk/resources/PHV%20PH.png.opt684x456o0%2C0s684x456.png

Roy

Sorry Roy i just can't see it matching to that real rusted to death version you linked, i'm not a fan of anything weathered to buy tbh loco's or stock i was just voiceing what i thought, i'll be doing the colour myself anyways to match my current 9 brass and resin ones :)

Sorry Roy i just can't see it matching to that real rusted to death version you linked, i'm not a fan of anything weathered to buy tbh loco's or stock i was just voiceing what i thought, i'll be doing the colour myself anyways to match my current 9 brass and resin ones :)

Fair enough, but I don't see it being anywhere near as bad as you seemed to be suggesting. Personally I think style 2 is one of best weathering jobs I have seen on a RTR wagon.

Roy

Roy

Style 2 for me.

are the different weathering styles being produced across the range of models? or which will be Style 2 so I can order those?

Given the weathering on the real wagons there was an lot of variation in the shade and intensity of the brown. I am fortunate to have photos of the wagons from their days when they were used internally at Winnington Works and most times I visited it was usually a dull overcast day usually wet too :( so the wagons tended to look quite dark. But other photos of the wagons waiting to be scrapped at Attercliffe on a dry day look ligher. For me Style 2 looks a good starting point. Style 1 less so. Not sure what Style 3 is based on? A photo? I honestly cannot recall seeing a hopper in that condition. The weathering to the inside of the hopper itself needs to be less angular and more rounded if possible but again there was some variation in how the limestone dust and rust weathered.

Paul

• Like 1

Style two for me too please but I have ordered a couple of pristine ones too as will need a 'spanker' and 'nearly new' mixed in the rake of grot boxes.....

called in at hattons today as was passing as i needed some bits and had a good look at the wagons they have on display the photos don't do the wagons justice. The weathering looks a lot better when they are in front of you might even up my order.

Agreed, that'll be the Bescot portion of the little known and never knowingly photographed Tunstead to Southampton train (for export) via the West Midlands, Banbury Oxford and the DN&S - often hauled by pairs of Claytons and the occasional Class 28 - Ruuuuuulllllllleeeee 1 stretched ................. :good:

Rules are meant for streeeeeeetching 

Style 2 is how they looked passing Chinley in steam days and in the 1980's, but I am also aware they looked like Style 3 when they were cleaned up to work the last steam hauled John Summers train out of "Mersey". I never took photos in color unfortunately.