ICI Hoppers from Hatton's in Partnership with Oxford Rail

Andy Y

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

These look really nice. Any chance of these in 0 gauge?

DaveC

At this moment in time we don't have any plans to produce these in O Gauge but if enough people were interested in the project then we would definitely look in to it.

Can anyone advise how long each wagon will be? The length determines how many I can have.

Hi Colin,

Sorry I'm not currently at my desk so I can't lay my hands on one right at the moment.

However, with new items we always have at least one product photo taken against a ruler which should give you a good indication of the length.

You can see one for the ICIs on the following page: http://www.hattons.co.uk/113681/Oxford_Rail_ICI001A_ICI_Hopper_wagon_3203_in_mid_grey_body_with_black_underframes_and_bogies_1936_1/StockDetail.aspx

It should be the fourth image. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

Perhaps a naive question, but would these have wandered down south pre-war?

Depends how far you want to push imagination ..........................

Posted 22 September 2017 - 20:43 

Agreed, that'll be the Bescot portion of the little known and never knowingly photographed Tunstead to Southampton train (for export) via the West Midlands, Banbury Oxford and the DN&S - often hauled by pairs of Claytons and the occasional Class 28 - Ruuuuuulllllllleeeee 1 stretched .................

Unlikely however I do have a photo in my collection from the Charles Roberts HMRS photo archive that shows 3203 I think mixed in with other new wagons from 1938. So you could run a demonstration train showcasing new wagons maybe? Or go the whole hog and say it was a trial load of limestone...

Cheers Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ive got pictures of a pretty much brand new ARC class 59 on a steel train in Scotland..

So imagining ICI hoppers on a stone train in the south isn’t beyond imagination..

They could be south as a trial for southern aggregate operations ?, maybe even shunting with a Beattie as those China clay wagons really are ancient ;-) ?

Rule 1..

Edited by adb968008

And to add to this strictly speaking you would only need the ICI001A and 1B versions as 3203 and 3254 as these are the only two in original 1930s condition livery so you would need to renumber any other wagons in the range 3200 - 3283 only as these were the pre-WW2 batch of 84 wagons. And just to be different 3200, 3201 and 3202 also had a small LTD just to the right centre of the second I and these were still worn well into the mid-1960s as close examination of the front cover of my book will show.

HTH Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Today new update on Hattons's site projectupdate the weathered version is now showing

Beaten me to it! That'll teach me to take an early lunch   :jester:

We have indeed received a weathered sample which is displayed in the form of ICI006DW.

post-28458-0-71291600-1518008635_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-24069300-1518008657_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-68846000-1518008662_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-98855500-1518008667_thumb.jpg

This is one of the versions in 1990s condition with the ICI lettering removed but you may just be able to make out the very faint outline of the letters within the weathering itself.

This will be the same for all of the heavily weathered versions.

Regarding delivery of the weathered versions, we will be able to provide an update on that once the factory are back from Chinese New Year.

As ever, feel free to let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

wow.. forget making out the ICI letters... just look at that leak stain down the side of those rivets..and the faded OHLE flash.

it's real.. you've got a shrink ray and shrunk the real thing haven't you ?.. thats fantastic printing.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We have indeed received the 8 pristine versions of our ICI hopper wagons.

post-28458-0-93273200-1518450577_thumb.jpg

Pre-orders have processed through and we'll be getting these dispatched over the next day or so.

All 8 pristine versions can be ordered for £24 each at THIS page on our website

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1