Revolution Trains confirms TEA tanker in N

Revolution Ben

Hi Jeremy

We will open up expressions of interest in another run of TEAs later this year, though realistically we have plenty that we want to get on with and it is unlikely another run would/could be in production before late-2018.

Cheers, Mike

Oh no

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

It was a busy but very enjoyable day at Model Rail Scotland, as the news broke that the Revolution/Rapido TEA tankers had been voted best N Gauge Rolling Stock model 2016.

We are delighted, honoured and not a little surprised that our first model has been given this accolade.

We would like to thank all the readers and supporters who voted for us, and acknowledge the enormous amount of skill, dedication and hard work that our partners at Rapido Trains showed to earn this award, and of course BRM and RM Web - especially Andy York - for all the hard work in organising it.

We would also like to thank VTG, and Paul Lugg in particular, for their support and encouragement, and of course we are hugely grateful to all our fellow modellers who stepped up and enabled us to make this, the first of what we hope will be many new models, happen.

Cheers'

Ben

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Hi John,

The Pendolino order book is now closed and the models are in production.

We don't know for sure but we think that it'll take Rapido 3-4 months to actually make them, then of course there'll be another 4-weeks for shipping, so customers should be receiving their models sometime during the summer.

Anyone who missed out should contact C&M Models of Carlisle who have ordered some to sell on, or will have to take their chances on ebay...

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have three triple packs where the original order has been cancelled, so we are able to offer these items on a first come, first served basis. These sets are brand new off the shop shelf

VTG Grey Livery - £90, plus postage - 2 packs

EWS Grey Livery - £93, plus postage - 1 pack

Call us on 01228 514 689 with your details, and we get them sent out to you. Postage is £4.00 per parcel

Mike Parsons

C&M Models, Carlisle

• 9 months later...

I recieved in the dead of night an e-mail stating my order for TEAs has now been completed! Does this mean we are getting a dupilcate order, or is it a mistake and it is the 390s which have been shipped?

It’s Mike clearing up the web siteorder system. Some people have got 4 order numbers for the pendo (deposit, payment, lights, sound upgrade).

I have had 4 (patriot, TEA, pendo Deposit x2) in the past few days.

• 4 months later...

Hello all, 

Just wondering if anyone has any of these wonderful Revolution Trains EWS N Gauge TEA Tanks or Freightliner TEA's for sale.

Many thnaks and best wishes to all,

Chris 

Advanced warning Chris - they are prone to going for silly money - especially the EWS ones which I have seen sell for £60+ each recently!

• RMweb Premium

Can't see why they'd only re-run the EWS ones, surely they'd do others too? I'd probably have some of the VTG ones if they did them again.

There's been mutterings about it for a while.

They only mentioned EWS although they said there was a possibility that they may run Freightliner.

Loads of VTG wagons for sale on ebay last week, I think I counted 30 in different colours

Best,
Chris

They only mentioned EWS although they said there was a possibility that they may run Freightliner.

Loads of VTG wagons for sale on ebay last week, I think I counted 30 in different colours

Best,
Chris

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Best,
Chris

Best,
Chris

When Mike was speculating on reruns early last year he did mention opening "expressions of interest", I took that to mean alternative liveries and their reaching sufficient levels as originally.  I doubt RevolutioN would suddenly commit to numbers without the usual prudent process.

They've been incredibly busy with completing projects and initiating new ones so it's unsurprising that they haven't revisited the N TEAs - just yet...

Regards, Gerry.

• 2 weeks later...