Revolution Trains confirms TEA tanker in N

Revolution Ben

I'm looking forward to these arriving, I'd better get my 60 finished to haul them at the NGS AGM.

Recently there's been a few EWS tanks mixing thinks up on the Murco flows. I hadn't realised these down here now until I photographed yesterday's 6B33. I checked TOPS last night and both 6A11 (Theale) and 6B13 (Robeston) had a handful of EWS tanks in them along with the red VTG ones and other types.

So if you've got some EWS ones on order, it's a good excuse to shake your set up a bit!

Here's 6B33 Theale - Robeston from 17/3/16, behind 60091 at Callow Hill, just west of Wootton Bassett.

post-6899-0-53406900-1458346021_thumb.jpg

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jo,

That's really interesting - thanks.  It looks like I might need to update the graphic showing typical trains in operation!

It looks like there are still some of the older tanks in the consist - I know these have been phased out on the Grangemouth and (most of the) Humberside flows - do you know if they are likely to soldier on with Murco for a while?

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

I have no idea on that I'm afraid. The Lindsey train to Westerleigh (6V98/6E41) is now resourced from Robeston so my logic is wondering if these EWS wagons are to offer the extra required capacity for this. Theale also seems to be receiving 4-5 trains a week lately rather than the more regular three (T,Th,S)

Jo

• RMweb Gold

Hi Matt,

The sales pretty much followed the expressions of interest graphic that was on our website.

The EWS version is by some margin the highest seller, though the VTG/Greenergy sets are a surprisingly close second - I suspect this is because the wagon liveries are just so attractive.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Matt,

The order book has closed, and they are in production.  We are waiting for information from Rapido to confirm exactly when this will be complete and the models are being shipped.  Once we know they've left the factory we expect the shipping process to take 4-6 weeks, but that is something of an unknown.

Mike is now preparing a computerised merchanting method to tally up orders with payments and address labels so when they arrive we can dispatch them as quickly as possible.

We are not necessarily sure it's helpful to let people know when the models are due to arrive; not because we want to be secretive but because experience watching the APT-E thread shows that once people know they're due they start to fret about when they will receive theirs, and the thread starts to get clogged up with "mine still hasn't arrived..." posts!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Ben

With all this suspense you do realise that I may not be able toput off another service of my Farish tank train. Thats 168 wheels to clean :jester:

Mind you Big P might be happy as hes after some of my Farish ones. :sungum:

Edited by roundhouse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Ben/Mike,

Any update on the manufacturing process and when these wagons are likely to be 'on the way'. It has been quiet for a little while now on the thread....so just wondering!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The TEAs are in production, but they aren't here yet.  Mike and I are both on the edges of our seats though!  

At the moment we're focussing on sorting out our plan for getting all the models sent out to customers as quickly and fairly as possible when they do arrive...

cheers

Ben A.

At the moment we're focussing on sorting out our plan for getting all the models sent out to customers as quickly and fairly as possible when they do arrive...

Hi Ben;

Thanks for the update. May I suggest a 'reverse alphabet' method of despatch.... :jester:

Later;

Stu (W) from EGDL

No no, forward alphabet ;-)

Thanks to Mike for letting me handle one of the pre prods at the AGM last weekend. Fantastic detail and surprised how weighty they are. Made me all the more eager for mine to arrive!

Jo

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Mike will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think our order book is arranged in the order the orders were ordered, if that makes sense, so those that stepped up first will hopefully get their models first.

This seems fairest of all!

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Ha - where is closest to China? Colorado, Swindon or Sussex(?)?

We are waiting for the factory to finish off production and as Ben says we're as desperate as you for them to arrive!

We'll let everyone know when they are in transit to the UK.

Cheers Mike

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Ben and Mike.

I would think there'd be quite a demand for older (60s/70s) TEAs; it doesn't seem likely that a new Farish version is imminent. Maybe this would be quite an easy project if ATM/NGS bogies were used? Food for thought.

• RMweb Gold

I would think there'd be quite a demand for older (60s/70s) TEAs; it doesn't seem likely that a new Farish version is imminent. Maybe this would be quite an easy project if ATM/NGS bogies were used? Food for thought.

Frankly I'm amazed that Farish haven't done it given that they have a better 4mm version. Having the bogies available from ATM doesn't really make the project significantly easier to be honest as you've still got a lot of new tooling to do for the barrel by which point it is questionable whether you save much buying in the bogies (rather than tooling them again).

Our next set of announcements will include something for the 60s/70s modeller!

Cheers, Mike