Revolution Trains confirms TEA tanker in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

I better check my bank statement, as I've placed an order for some of the TEA's, but I don't recall any money going out?

Simon

If you login to your account on our website then you can view your orders (and check whether you have placed an order for any TEAs).

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that pic - I've seen that wagon before and I *think* that it's supposed to have had that branding removed some time ago!!

Incidentally, Happy New Year to all - here's to 2016 when we expect to deliver our first crowd-funded models, and hope our supporters will join us in producing more!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder whether it is now worth a sub-forum for Revolution Trains, rather than having to look in the Rapido or Dapol areas.

Possibly, but might be worth waiting to see if the 21/29 and when the 320/321 goes through. But having everything in one place would make it easier.

Couldn't decide on which for the greenergy or EWS to order so went for both of them. I'm so weak willed!

Alistair

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Delighted to report that as promised my second TEA rake was ordered late last night.  The dedicated savings account continues with the balances for the two 11-car Pendolinos whenever they become due...

Still hoping the Class 456s scrape through, and although I'm not able to justify Class 21/29s I wish those that do every success.

Regards, Gerry 8)

• Like 1

Hi Gang,

Payday has arrived, so I've redirected some hard earned funds to wards another 8 tankers.

Hopefully, Mike will combine my orders for one postage charge!!!

Wonder if the late order rush is underway!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL

• Like 1

Order placed x 6 wagons.

There was a great picture online of a Colas 60 with 4 red and 2 Grey TEA wagons at Carlisle I believe ready to go down to Dalston Terminal.

I cant find this picture no more, can anyone help?

Thanks, Matt

• RMweb Gold

Hi Matt

I can't say which photo you saw, but before Christmas I did get to Dalston myself.  If you do a flickr or smugmug search of the train headcodes quoted below you could well find the pic you were looking for, or a similar one!

The details below are from a posting I put on p18 or 19 of our thread on the N Gauge forum.. hope they're of use!

The full train from Grangemouth loads to 18 wagons when it arrives at Carlisle Yard as 6M34, usually late at night.

During the night and early morning there are then a succession of trip workings from Carlisle to Dalston in groups of 6 and returning with empties.  These are:

0231  6C31 to Dalston
0338  6C32 Return
0506  6C33 to Dalston - see https://flic.kr/p/zNyUqZ
0622  6C34 Return
0735  6C35 to Dalston  - see https://flic.kr/p/BLtr7M
0845  6C36 Return

The complete train of 18 is then marshalled together as 6S36 Empties back to Grangemouth leaving at 0958.

Over the last few years these trains have been progressively going over to the new tanks, and certainly from autumn this year they are all now the new style TEAs.

But how are they shunted at Dalston?  Two articles from DEMU Update issues 45/6 by Alan Weston give a useful insight.  He observed the following typical shunting manoevre as the last of the three trips arrives at Dalston, where the second group of wagons is still being unloaded:

0715 Loco with last 6 tanks arrives on Up Main at Dalston with 6C35
0717 Loco sets back into second siding.  Other 6 tanks are still being unloaded in terminal siding.
0718 Driver informs signaller that the ground frame has been reset and the mainline is clear.  There is wait for the unloading to be completed.  Trains can pass by on the mainline meanwhile.

0738 Unloading is completed after 20 minutes and the terminal is now ready to receive the waiting six tanks.
Loco pulls loaded tanks forward out of second siding briefly onto mainline before setting back into terminal siding.
0740  Loaded wagons are coupled to empties.
0744  12 wagons (6 loaded, 6 empty) are pulled out of sidings onto mainline.  
0745  Train is set back past turnout and the 6 empty tanks are uncoupled and left on the Up main.
0746  Loco sets back into terminal sidings with the 6 loaded tanks.
0748  Loco runs back onto Up Main.
0750  Loco reverses up to empties on mainline and is coupled.
0755  The empty tanks are then propelled over a crossover into the Down main and adjacent to the station platform.  There is a wait to allow a Northern DMU passenger service on the Up Main to pass through and make a station stop.

0806 The loco detaches from the tanks and runs back through the crossover.
0807 Loco reverses past the tanks on Up main.
0809 Loco moves back onto Down Main via crossover at the other end of the station.
0813 Loco couples up to other end of wagons, and after a brake test departs as 6C36 back to Carlisle.

Since there were six wagons in the sidings when I visited during mid-morning, and from the manoeuvres observed above, it does seem that one set of 6 wagons will always be in the terminal sidings, meaning that in fact 24 wagons (18 plus 6) are used for these trains.

cheers

Ben A.

That's the picture I'm after.. It was 5 red, 1 grey.. My mistake.

Thanks for the extra info, must have caught them at the right time? Of do you use realtimetrains has a cheat help haha.

Wonder how many people Colas base there specially for this movement?

Matt

• RMweb Gold

Officially the deadline for ordering has passed, but we have a mountain of orders to process so I will leave the ordering page open a little longer (it will definitely close by midnight tonight) in case there is anyone who missed out yesterday. This is only a small extension to allow us to process orders so please don't miss the final chance.

The response has been great and we are looking forward to getting the tanks into production.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The order book has now closed for the TEA tanker wagons in N.

However, anyone who missed out, or who might want to add to their fleet later on, can get some more as two forward thinking retailers - C&M Models of Carlisle and Collett's Models of Exmouth - have ordered a limited number.

The catch is that for obvious reasons these models will be priced significantly higher than those sold direct.

There are more details on the news page of our website www.revolutiontrains.com

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A good bit of advertising for those two shops Ben.

Whilst I have been in C&M models I didn't know about the shop in Exmouth so must pay then a visit next time I am having a few beers in Exmouth or Topsham.

Can't wait to get my hands on these tank cars now!

We are now able to accept orders for the TEA tankers, but be aware it works slightly differently to how Revolution Trains have handled their direct orders.

Payment will be taken when the wagons are despatched (please follow the instructions given below), this will be shortly after Revolution have despatched their direct orders. So if you have been unable to commit to ordering all you would like because of cash flow, we are able to buy you more time.

The link to our the relevant page of our online shop is:

http://www.ekmpowershop7.com/ekmps/shops/cmmodels/tea-bogie-tank-wagons-340-c.asp

When you get to the checkout page, make sure you choose "Secureform.com" as your method of payment (at the bottom of the page), this allows us to delay payment until the time of despatch, The "Cardsave" option will charge your card immediately.

We have a limit on the number of each of the options that we will be receiving, so once they are all spoken for, there will be no further supplies available from us.

We can also be contacted using the details at the top of our home page: http://www.candmmodels.co.uk/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

We decided not to go with factory weathering this time round for a variety of reasons.

The main ones are that it would have added significantly to the production time, and that we were worried about overstretching ourselves.  Because of the number of liveries we are offering, their complexity and the fact that this is our very first product to go through the factory we decided that offering weathered versions would just be too complicated.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

We decided not to go with factory weathering this time round for a variety of reasons.

The main ones are that it would have added significantly to the production time, and that we were worried about overstretching ourselves.  Because of the number of liveries we are offering, their complexity and the fact that this is our very first product to go through the factory we decided that offering weathered versions would just be too complicated.

cheers

Ben A.

Thanks for the explanation Ben - would have liked to see it, but completely understand your reasoning.

Very much looking forward to these - they're my first ever modern image purchase!  My layout is 60s BR(S) but I've been thinking for a little while that I'd like a 2nd layout and something contemporary.  Your TEAs have nudged me over the edge.  I'll have to go and buy some wood soon.  And a filthy 66.      

All the best,

Mark

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

Good man!  Do you have any ideas for a concept for the layout yet?  Will you start a thread here, or have you already?

Incidentally, while a 66 is perfectly fine for the TEAs, the DB Schenker (DB Cargo?) trains are among the heaviest on the network and for this reason still see Class 60s in regular use.  I don't know if you have seen on our website but there is a graphic illustrating actual consists and locos to assist our customers.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the info.  I know very little about the modern scene, but have been following both this thread and the updates on your website very closely.  The PDF with the consists is so useful - a brilliant innovation - and one I hope other N gauge producers adopt.  I'm only going to have 4' - 5' at best to play with so am wrestling with the challenge of producing the magisterial splendour of Horsley Fields in a space that will barely accommodate a 321.  As such the consists I'm most likely to be representing are closer to 1-2 tanks (conveniently out of Ipswich) rather than the 20+ tank behemoths.

As for the 66 - there's just something about them that I love.  They're so damned ugly!  The modern equivalent of Bulleid's austerity Q1 - the pride of my fleet (thanks Dapol!).  I've recently moved from London to Norwich and see quite a few of them chugging around Norfolk - no firm plans on a concept for the new layout, but it'll be something vaguely East Anglian.

All the best with the TEAs and the Pendolino.  And if you should decide to do the 321 in Abellio I'll get one. If not, I might have to settle for GN First.

Mark

PS - When you have a moment to pause for breath could you do a 2 and/or 4EPB?