ellss

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow! Fantastic model railway love everything about it you should start an Instagram for it and a question can you buy bratchell models kits pre built?? Really love the 320's and 318's.if you decide to create an Instagram for the layout you can find me @roakmodelrailway thank you happy modelling!

Yours

Mr. Anorak or Aidan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Only just came across this layout seen it's been taken down with the house move. Best of luck with the new build, the last one looked amazing. Really liked the detailed single track bridge, very well put together. I've been respraying my own Mk2s for my 68, but had a bit of a nightmare with the transfers. Who's did you use, RailTech Transfers or Rainbow Railways? I've learned a lot as I've been doing it haha

• 2 months later...

Only just came across this layout seen it's been taken down with the house move. Best of luck with the new build, the last one looked amazing. Really liked the detailed single track bridge, very well put together. I've been respraying my own Mk2s for my 68, but had a bit of a nightmare with the transfers. Who's did you use, RailTech Transfers or Rainbow Railways? I've learned a lot as I've been doing it haha

Thanks for the positive comments! Cool, how have you got on? I used rainbow railways when i did them but i think both companies are similar (ive used railtec too.)

So ive started the next project. The same era, location as before so i can continue to use my current stock.

It will be four base boards, an end to end layout, with the ability to go to an exhibition if that appeals at a later stage.

To include a station area - preferably three platform faces. A small freight area, potentially replicating the Prestwick aviation fuel tank trains or a log flow (or maybe both??)

This is the first panel, 1220 by 600mm board with some softwood latticework. 3 more to go!

post-17314-0-55461700-1536395946_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Extensive feedback has been that the Railtec packs have comprehensive detail, example below. You get the integrated fire pull handles with the vignettes. You also get the running numbers integrated with the vignettes so you don't have to spend time applying them separately, or trying to get them lined up. The data end panels are also correct for each vehicle with integrated C1 markings for ease of application.

Also included are the lifting jack markers, the battery box warning symbols, and the Abellio markings for the doors.

Link to Saltire packs:

http://www.railtec-models.com/catalog.php?search_str=saltire

3361-1.jpg

Enjoying the thread btw. Some nice work.

Edited by railtec-models
  • Like 1

A bit of progress, three boards built. Playing with the track layout.

Im going to have a go at a sector plate fiddleyard, if it goes well i shall replicate this when i build board four.

post-17314-0-56266200-1536704374_thumb.jpg

Edited by ellss

Always up for more inspiration photographs!

A track layout has been decided upon.

post-17314-0-21079500-1537133268_thumb.jpg

post-17314-0-99244500-1537133302_thumb.jpg

A secotor plate has been constructed, the closer 320 and 170 sit in what will become the station area. The class 320 at the back is in the storage sidings, there will be a backscene between the two areas.

post-17314-0-64988400-1537133324_thumb.jpg

post-17314-0-25710900-1537133492_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So ive started the next project. The same era, location as before so i can continue to use my current stock.

It will be four base boards, an end to end layout, with the ability to go to an exhibition if that appeals at a later stage.

To include a station area - preferably three platform faces. A small freight area, potentially replicating the Prestwick aviation fuel tank trains or a log flow (or maybe both??)

This is the first panel, 1220 by 600mm board with some softwood latticework. 3 more to go!

attachicon.gifIMG_6613.JPG

Need a few Crimson 320s for Hyndford (formal name of Hyndford Bridge.) I have my Orange one.

• 3 weeks later...

A bit more progress on the layout. Attempting to be more tidy and systematic with my wiring this time round. First step to keep it tidy, using some of the plastic ends from ringbinding documents as a cable tidy. Works quite successfully as you can have cables join/leave the loom as required.

post-17314-0-31142600-1540640641_thumb.jpg

Looking at the joins between boards, ive gone for brass screws under the rail heads to give adjustments for where my carpentry skills are lacking a little. Ive found it to be quite easy to hide them with some well placed sleeper elements.

post-17314-0-74225500-1540640873_thumb.jpg

Addition of a scenic break, 3/4's of the board is 'front of house' with back 1/4 for fiddleyard and storage.

post-17314-0-02933200-1540641066_thumb.jpg

post-17314-0-31142600-1540640641_thumb.jpg

post-17314-0-74225500-1540640873_thumb.jpg

post-17314-0-02933200-1540641066_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What colour is your ballast? Looks very good for the region.

It is a red ballast from Cheltenham Model Centre - it is a very good colour for west/north Scotland. I use the 'n gauge' ballast as i think the OO gauge ballast is a bit overscale.