New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

• RMweb Premium

Dave

I have searched high and low for some scale drawings of LMS coach rood water fillers. I thought that Arthur Whitehead had included it on one of his drawings..but so far no luck! ( I can find a drawing of internal pipework.. maybe one of the external pipework may reveal a tank filler!

Just, sort of, leave these here...

attachicon.gif20180911_161034.jpg

attachicon.gif20180911_161043.jpg

attachicon.gif20180911_161205.jpg

Note offset bolts...

NER...

attachicon.gif20180911_161226.jpg

LNE...

attachicon.gif20180911_161237.jpg

NER hopper wagon buffers is it?

Well I'll sort of leave this here then......

post-10324-0-95534300-1538302412.jpg

Note offset bolts, right and left hand buffers

What a tease I am.

Dave.

• Like 15

Cutting it a bit fine I know but the mould with the masters in was poured yesterday and should be casting from on Wednesday it will then produce the submasters for a production mould and plenty of NER hopper buffers for 'Workshop Wise' in Newcastle.

Fingers crossed....

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cutting it a bit fine I know but the mould with the masters in was poured yesterday and should be casting from on Wednesday it will then produce the submasters for a production mould and plenty of NER hopper buffers for 'Workshop Wise' in Newcastle.

Fingers crossed....

Dave.

If you can't sell them there Dave you won't sell them anywhere else!

Mike.

If you can't sell them there Dave you won't sell them anywhere else!

Ready & waiting (and substantially complete).

post-508-0-91377400-1538490347.jpg

and showing how the original Slaters toolmaker got the buffers wrong.   :boredom:

P

• Like 1

NER 20T hopper wagon buffers now in the second stage of the mould making, the production mould will be poured tomorrow so all going well they will be cast at the weekend.

I was thinking I may do a bulk pack of five sets (20 buffers) as most people have multiples of these wagons. What do you think?  It will save the planet from excess packaging and save you lot a quid....

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 8

Managed to cast quite a few hundred NER hopper wagon buffers yesterday so they will be available at Workshop Wise in Stannington, Newcastle this Saturday.

They will be on the website for everyone next week.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

Forgot to say, the new etched coupling rods will also be released at the Workshop Wise event, what are they? .........

LNER B1, LNER V2 and LNER A3 which will also fit the A4 and a few other big Gresley locos.

They all have the alternative shape of fishbelly flute or straight flute as per the changes over the life of these locos.

I'll see if I can get some photos done later.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

Home and rested after the trip down to Workshop Wise in Newcastle, enjoyed the craic and the bacon baps.  The new NER hopper wagon buffers went down well and other people saying how's about doing buffers for the Slater's NER hopper now it's being re-released only to be pointed in the direction of the poster on the display board, mumbles about going to Specsavers.... (other opticians are available). :blind:

The new LNER coupling rods also sold a few with requests for complete LNER valvegear sets being suggested.

All in all a good day so thanks to the EMGS Borders group organisers, workers and the ladies and gents in the kitchen. :thankyou: 

Dave Franks.

Yes, I think they've been looking over my shoulder as I've got details of a similar one complete with the rail clamps. Hey ho.

For now though it's some Southern pre-group ones before the end of the year.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I think they've been looking over my shoulder as I've got details of a similar one complete with the rail clamps. Hey ho.

Dave Franks.

Any particular companies in mind Dave?

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

NER 20T hopper wagon buffers now in the second stage of the mould making, the production mould will be poured tomorrow so all going well they will be cast at the weekend.

I was thinking I may do a bulk pack of five sets (20 buffers) as most people have multiples of these wagons. What do you think?  It will save the planet from excess packaging and save you lot a quid....

Dave Franks.

Couldn't we have Buy One, Get One Free?

Home and rested after the trip down to Workshop Wise in Newcastle, enjoyed the craic and the bacon baps.  The new NER hopper wagon buffers went down well and other people saying how's about doing buffers for the Slater's NER hopper now it's being re-released only to be pointed in the direction of the poster on the display board, mumbles about going to Specsavers.... (other opticians are available). :blind:

The new LNER coupling rods also sold a few with requests for complete LNER valvegear sets being suggested.

All in all a good day so thanks to the EMGS Borders group organisers, workers and the ladies and gents in the kitchen. :thankyou:

Dave Franks.

A K3 set would be good

• Like 1

Thanks to Accurascale you can now cross one buffer stop off your bucket list!

Mike.

Dave Franks.

So I don't think I'll bother now although if moulded in one piece it would be difficult for those who modelled nearer scale gauges....

Dave.

Edited by davefrk