New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Just been chastised for not saying what the prices are..... :nono:

BS26 LBSC bufferstop - £5.95 each or 5 for £27.50

BS00 Wooden bufferbeam with two buffers of your choice - £2.50

CK05 / 6  BR1 and BR2 tender chassis - £24.95 each.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

Hello Dave,

I see that the BR chassis and the LBSCR bufferstops are on the homepage.

But when you click through via products,the chassis isn't anywhere to be seen.

I'm running off the December page too, Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Chris White

Hello Dave,

I see that the BR chassis and the LBSCR bufferstops are on the homepage.

But when you click through via products,the chassis isn't anywhere to be seen.

I'm running off the December page too, Any ideas?

Kind Regards

Chris White

Hi Chris, I've tried all ways to get to the new tender chassis and they all work for me. Can you try the link below and then to 'Products' then click on the 'chassis' picture that's then the index page for the chassis and you can click the one you want to see. I've sold some over the last few days so it must be working. If not maybe you'll need to clear your history and cache then use the website address again, that's what I've had to do for other websites occasionally.

Dave Franks

Thanks Dave, I cleared the cache and it appeared!

Could you tell me the width of the frames? Would just like to know if it can run my OO 14.8mm b2b before purchasing.

Kind Regards

Chris White

Hi Chris, sorry but these chassis are made for EM and P4 gauge to aid conversions from OO gauge so would be 2mm too wide for your 14.8 mm B2B.

Hope that helps,

Dave Franks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just managed to get the backlog of orders completed and posted this morning so if anyone is wondering, your items are on their way. Had a few days away then some time working on the house during the holidays but did manage a few odd half hours or so working on my own stuff then back to work on Thursday with a mammoth casting session to replenish stocks. All great fun this working for oneself.

So, all the best for the new year and lets hope there's something for everyone in the new year announcements.

Dave Franks

LMS

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi all, just to let you know the latest items being worked on are an LSWR bufferstop with wooden beam with and without old loco buffers. A selection of industrial loco buffers some of which seem to have been bought in for locos on the big railway too.
Coupling rods for Caledonian, North British and certain pre-group Southern locos - 0-6-0, 0-4-4 and 4-4-0 types, drawings have been obtained and it seems many Drummond locos had similar rods but I will check this out further.
I hope to have all these items ready for Scalefour North and definately the Perth show in June but may also be on the website before then if I'm quick.

Dave Franks

LMS

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, 1whitemoor said:

Quick question Dave, could you tell me if there is a buffer from your range would suit the un-lettered LMS hopper in the link below please? 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dan700/35005569163/in/photostream/

Many thanks

Paul A. 

Hi Paul, the buffers are our B003 but I would say that many or most hopper wagons were built with B024, same buffer but with a step on top.

Dave.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave

I made up one of your excellent WD tender chassis kits. It was my first ever  CSB chassis and went together well.

What maybe surprising is that I modified it for 00 gauge by taking slices out of key components and then soldered the 2 halves back together. It gets round my 36inch minimum curves a treat.

Thanks again Dave

F51B98A6-83B3-4DAD-9A17-F61C774D122F.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• 3 months later...

Hi Mark, sorry I missed your post regarding the WD chassis, whilst I don't recommend using it for OO gauge you seem to have overcome any problems on doing so. How does it ride, does it wobble because the suspension wires are closer together?

Cheers,

Dave.

New items now ready to go in a mould for multiplying up. Two NER loco buffers, a very small loco buffer which will actually feature on the LSWR bufferstop but will be available separately and finally......  The much asked for early DMU buffer and the angled stool to fit it onto certain vehicles, we already do an OLEO replacement buffer so the stools will be available separately, another OLEO with a larger 22'' head is almost ready too.
Pictures to follow.

Dave Franks.

• Like 6

A while back you stopped any shipments to North American addresses due to insurance difficulties. Has this changed at all?

If not is there a third party who will process orders and ship to North America (specifically the US)?

Dave you don't have to answer that question if it would impact your relationship with your insurer.  Perhaps other RMWebbers could point me in the right direction. 

thanks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/08/2019 at 07:03, davefrk said:

Hi Mark, sorry I missed your post regarding the WD chassis, whilst I don't recommend using it for OO gauge you seem to have overcome any problems on doing so. How does it ride, does it wobble because the suspension wires are closer together?

Cheers,

Dave.

Rides perfectly Dave, no sign of a wobble.

• RMweb Premium
On 01/08/2019 at 20:06, davefrk said:

New items now ready to go in a mould for multiplying up. Two NER loco buffers, a very small loco buffer which will actually feature on the LSWR bufferstop but will be available separately and finally......  The much asked for early DMU buffer and the angled stool to fit it onto certain vehicles, we already do an OLEO replacement buffer so the stools will be available separately, another OLEO with a larger 22'' head is almost ready too.
Pictures to follow.

Dave Franks.

When you say two NER loco buffers, what pattern are we talking - parallel or tapered? Either way, most interesting. 

• Agree 1

I'll take and post some pictures of the NER and DMU buffers when I get a minute. The two NER ones are tapered, one a long taper and the other with a rim at the end of the taper. DMU types are the self contained type on early DMUs and the later OLEO pneumatic with 20 and 22 inch heads plus stools to fit either angled or flat bufferbeams.

Dave Franks.

• Like 1