New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Okay, sorry it's a bit late tonight but here goes.

967706285_NERlocobuffer.JPG.cb237ac5b32e44137369701ae20ffc0f.JPG

NER Loco buffer.

1671207139_EarlyNERlocobuffer.JPG.34da910a46df1dd543ac5c88fabe97bf.JPG

Another NER loco buffer.

And yes I've done the flat stool for the DMU buffers.

All the new stuff will go on the website sometime next week but a few items will be in short supply til I make a dedicated mould for the DMU stuff. I'm also looking at an etch for the lamp brackets

I think that answers all the questions, night night.

Dave .

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

No Porcy, my controllers are not cronky you should know that..... Just D.C. - Daves Controllers

Anyway, tonight's announcement is the final one you'll all be pleased to hear, no sniggering at the back there....

How's about a dropper for Jackson type couplings to work with electromagnets, a small etch which folds around the coupling wire and an iron link on the bottom. The etch once clamped on and with a touch of solder doesn't move on the coupling but a dod of cyano won't go amiss.

Had them on Wharfeside for a while and I like them. A screw coupling version is being evaluated too.

Also available now are the CSB anchors or knobs as included with our CSB sprung tender chassis, many requests for these.

Hopefully all the new stuff will be on the website next week sometime.

66215963_Jacksoncouplingdropper.JPG.61f2d7ae744fb4b168fe29cfa5c2bd46.JPG

Thankyou all for listening.

Dave Franks

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

7 minutes ago, davefrk said:

How's about a dropper for Jackson type couplings to work with electromagnets, a small etch which folds around the coupling wire and an iron link on the bottom.

At last.  Will you have any with you at the weekend?  Just so my experiments can continue.  If you have them remind me on because i haven't had time to make out a shopping list.

(Stick with it till the end so you can see me fiddling with my balls).

P

Ps. Yep, your DC controllers are perfect as is the running of your DC locos controlled by them. I wish mine were half as good.

Ahhhh! Steel balls, I get it.

I had the old iron nail on Jacksons before but found the nail was too near the steel axle and the wagon would jump forward when the magnet was energised so I thought how's about a fine pin further away from the axle and that morphed into the representation of the three link. Yes when the train is coupled both three links are hanging down but then there wouldn't be any three link there before....

Will have plenty in stock at Wakey so I'll come after you at the exit if you forget. :boredom:

Dave Franks

2 hours ago, davefrk said:

Hopefully all the new stuff will be on the website next week sometime.

Hi Dave, will that include the BZ buffers you did a little while ago?

Also really like the electric lamps.

cheers...Morgan

Hi Morgan, yes, I thought I had put the Thompson BZ buffers on but obviously not sorry, You should have emailed.

Glad you like the lamps, will do the tender brackets next, found out they are slightly different.

All the best,

Dave Franks.

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2019 at 21:29, davefrk said:

Anyway, tonight's announcement is the final one you'll all be pleased to hear, no sniggering at the back there....

How's about a dropper for Jackson type couplings to work with electromagnets, a small etch which folds around the coupling wire and an iron link on the bottom. The etch once clamped on and with a touch of solder doesn't move on the coupling but a dod of cyano won't go amiss.  Had them on Wharfeside for a while and I like them. A screw coupling version is being evaluated too.

66215963_Jacksoncouplingdropper.JPG.61f2d7ae744fb4b168fe29cfa5c2bd46.JPG

Thankyou all for listening.

Dave Franks

The very dab... when can I order some ?  As well as a screw-coupling version, how about an "Instanter" one ?

Alasdair

I hadnt seen the advance posting about the AJ droppers so the first I knew was when I saw them on your stand on Sunday afternoon.  I realised their potential instantly and impulse-bought two packets.

It was only when whiling away the boring hours on the homeward journey down the M1 by working out what was going to be given priority when it came to fitting them that I realised my two packets-worth (enough for 20 couplings) wasnt actually going to go that far.

I doubt very much if I will be alone in grossly under-estimating how many I'd need so could I suggest bulk-packs for the future?

On 05/09/2019 at 21:29, davefrk said:

How's about a dropper for Jackson type couplings to work with electromagnets, a small etch which folds around the coupling wire and an iron link on the bottom. The etch once clamped on and with a touch of solder doesn't move on the coupling but a dod of cyano won't go amiss.

I've just got back from expoEM ( I left home early Friday for a weekend based in Wakefield) and picked this up. What a good idea, I'll buy some the next time I see you, probably at S4N.

Regards

Okay, after a fight with the website hosts and a long time sorting broken links all the new stuff is on the website. NER loco buffers, DMU buffers and stools, Caledonian coupling rods, Universal 4 coupled rods, LNER electric lamps, CSB anchors as per our tender chassis, Valvegear rivets as per our rods, OLEO DMU buffers and of course the Jackson coupling dropper.

Some items may be in short supply till more etches arrive but we have enough for now.

Any problems please let me know.

Oops, nearly forgot. Buffers for Thompson non-corridor coaches and BZs..

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 07/09/2019 at 15:01, AJCT said:

The very dab... when can I order some ?  As well as a screw-coupling version, how about an "Instanter" one ?

Alasdair

Hi Alisdair, they are on the website now, I'm thinking about an Instanta one as many of my vans are BR and so need Instanta couplings. I'll need to have a further look at the screw coupling as I think it's too complicated.

Dave Franks.

Order complete and ready to post Alisdair.

Been a busy day and I'm afraid the DMU buffers are now sold out pending a casting session this week, many thanks to everyone who purchased the new items.

Going to have a sit down and a coffee now.

Dave Franks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

More etches away to the etchers this morning, Universal six coupled plain rods with alternative bosses for Caledonian and other locos and more normal bosses for the rest of us. The Jackson coupling droppers have been selling well so they are now on a sheet of their own and a new dropper in the form of an Instanta coupling is included too, just for Alisdair, well me as well to be honest, they are ideal for the many thousands of BR standard fitted wagons which had 1'6'' buffers and Instanta couplings.

Cheers all,

Dave Franks.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

52 minutes ago, davefrk said:

a new dropper in the form of an Instanta coupling is included too

What is this "Instanta" you keep referring to????????????

Official terminology please...

1283197536_IstanterRep.jpg.d90346eb259ed9ea751071553d99d2f3.jpg

So which instanter are we getting? The early round section  (GWR, early BR type) type or the later stamped  (many different BR iterations) type?

InstanterPlain-Ptype-DimsSM.jpg.b03b86c4090590bd9d54684af39b78ef.jpg

P

(tongue planted firmly in cheek)

P.s. ever thought about a 3 layer etch for some Q6 coupling rods?

Edited by Porcy Mane
Add missing words & fings.

Aye okay Porcy, I read it somewhere and it stuck in ma mind.... Instanter it is, not the round forged one but the later cast steel one.

Coupling rods, at this rate I'll be doing every loco that existed.... One can of course cut and shut most of our rods as some of our customers have done, i.e. WD 2-10-0 from 2-8-0 parts. Scale Jubilee rods from the 'stretched' rods for Bachmann model. I'm going to be doing the rods in 0.3mm material to help with clearances for some locos.

Dave.

• Informative/Useful 2

6 hours ago, davefrk said:

More etches away to the etchers this morning, Universal six coupled plain rods with alternative bosses for Caledonian and other locos and more normal bosses for the rest of us. The Jackson coupling droppers have been selling well so they are now on a sheet of their own and a new dropper in the form of an Instanta coupling is included too, just for Alisdair, well me as well to be honest, they are ideal for the many thousands of BR standard fitted wagons which had 1'6'' buffers and Instanta couplings.

Cheers all,

Dave Franks.

Thanks, Dave.  My copy of the BR General Appendix certainly spells it "Instanter", anyway.

I've assembled 3 wagons' worth of the etches you sent: they're a bit ticklish and I decided to bend the link etch only to 120 degrees (rather than the  suggested 90) and superglue it to the AJ shaft, to hold it in place while crimping the 2 halves together.  It's also important to ensure that said link hangs vertically, and to close up the iron link once fitted as I think one of mine has gone MIA.  Non-magnetic tweezers are a good idea as well....

They've been tested on a permanent magnet on my bench and also on an electromagnet on "Burntisland 1883": the extra leverage afforded does pull them right down to the sleepers, so I may experiment with some sort of limiting device.

But they certainly look the part - roll on the "Instanters", though I can see that a screw coupling version will be a challenge !

Alasdair

Edited by AJCT
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thanks Alisdair, I suggested 90deg. as it then caught the wire I'm using for Jacksons and one can bend the etch right round the wire to close it by holding the links between the thumb and finger with the finger nails against the wire, the etch then seemed tight on the wire but I suggested a touch of cyano just in case it moves.

The screw coupling requires a rethink and the Instanter jumped the queue.

Dave Franks.