New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

On 09/09/2019 at 15:13, mike morley said:

I hadnt seen the advance posting about the AJ droppers so the first I knew was when I saw them on your stand on Sunday afternoon.  I realised their potential instantly and impulse-bought two packets.

It was only when whiling away the boring hours on the homeward journey down the M1 by working out what was going to be given priority when it came to fitting them that I realised my two packets-worth (enough for 20 couplings) wasnt actually going to go that far.

I doubt very much if I will be alone in grossly under-estimating how many I'd need so could I suggest bulk-packs for the future?

Hi Mike, I've done a new etch with just Jackson droppers on it so there would be plenty to do bulk packs but it does mean I'll be sitting for ages winding links from iron wire....  I was thinking a pack with five etches enough for 50 couplings, 25 wagons.

Dave.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 57xx said:

Dave, not sure if I'm being blind and missing them on your site or if it's not in your range - I'm looking for GWR 1'6" buffers with no ribs, similar to your BO21, as on this wagon:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/svr_enthusiast/3646154001

Are these ones that you do?

Hi Ric, if you go to the website via the link below it should say the date of October 2019 just to ensure you have the most up to date version as it seems some people use a favourites link and that doesn't seem to bring up the latest version however, yes we do that very buffer B048 and I still have a few in stock.

Hope that helps,

Dave Franks.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Dave, helps immensely! As I suspected, it was me not being able to see the wood for the trees. I must have scrolled past that a dozen times last night. :D

Edited by 57xx
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

If you think something might be on a web page but can't see it try presssing Ctrl+F (so hold down the Ctrl button and tap F then release the Ctrl button. This should bring up a search box you can type something in to search the page for it. Hopefully that's of some help? :)

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/11/2019 at 12:55, Bucoops said:

If you think something might be on a web page but can't see it try presssing Ctrl+F (so hold down the Ctrl button and tap F then release the Ctrl button. This should bring up a search box you can type something in to search the page for it. Hopefully that's of some help? :)

May be of help for others, but not for me. Thanks for the thought though. :)  Whilst already knowing about how to use Find on a page, this wouldn't have helped me, as by "scrolling" I actually meant clicking the Next/Previous buttons and moving from page to page between ~50 different wagon buffer products. It was just me being blind. :)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dave, have built a number of the LMS tender chassis but have now converted a Bachmann Hall to P4 but would really like one of your tender chassis to fit the tender. I notice that the wheelbase is the same as the Stanier tenders but the chassis itself is shorter.

Any chance of you doing a GW large tender chassis for Bachmann and Hornby tenders?

David

Hi David, thanks for the post. Have you seen the Highlevel chassis for GW tenders:-  http://www.highlevelkits.co.uk/colletttenderpage.html

would that fit?  I haven't planned to do GW tender chassis as Highlevel have been doing them and they are very good though not supplied with CSB suspension.

Cheers,

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk
addition info.

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

Just to say thanks for all the bits and many pieces you have created, cast and sold over the years. Also a big thank you for the prompt service - I was perhaps stupidly and Idly looking at my depleted stock of Irish square buffers on boxing day having used some on wagons in the stash, so I ordered some more thinking that all the celebrations and such it would sit awaiting attention to new year . Well to to my surprise arrived on the 28th/29th . Outstanding work just need to stop the world again to find time to glue some in place.

Happy new year and you are right to open the discussion of succession.  Also as Enfys says above thanks for buying the casting machine ! 

Robert    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dave has come up trumps once again. 

Ordered a load of stuff on March 2nd and it arrived this morning. 

He's spoiling us as well with a nice blue box to boot. What more could you ask for?

Seriously. Great service and a brilliant product as always. 

Cheers, 

Mark

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just love the Buffer collection.  I could almost start a collection of just those little beauties. Upgraded some old and rather 'tired wagons and vans a few days back, having received my order for suitable Buffers within two days. 

DF is a good egg.

P

• Agree 1

Gosh!     I'm all blushed now.

I do try to get things out asap and it's the Royal Mail one has to thank for the 99.9% quick delivery though , sometimes even within 24 hrs so why use first class. 18hrs is the record though - Glasgow to Devon.

Many thanks for all the kind comments.

Dave Franks.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1