New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

The good old Tunnocks caramel wafer, ye canna beat them. Every now and again the local shops have bags of broken ones for a quid, lovely. We can smell the caramel sometimes as the Tunnocks factory is just over the River Clyde from us.

Plenty of ideas on the list for the future but I'm afraid Paul the Tunny wagon isn't one of them. :P

Dave Franks.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, davefrk said:

The good old Tunnocks caramel wafer, ye canna beat them. Every now and again the local shops have bags of broken ones for a quid, lovely. We can smell the caramel sometimes as the Tunnocks factory is just over the River Clyde from us.

Plenty of ideas on the list for the future but I'm afraid Paul the Tunny wagon isn't one of them. :P

Dave Franks.

When I was diagnosed Coeliac it brought to an end a very yummy time with Their wafers and teacakes. Totally gutting :(

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, davefrk said:

Dave Franks.

There can't be many traders who have offered a free Tunny bar with every purchase?

Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

So we get free Caramel Wafer with every order?

I like them!

Now what is BR airbraked wagon compatible?

(looking at pile of damaged Cambrians)

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

There can't be many traders who have offered a free Tunny bar with every purchase?

Mike.

Yes, we did that at a show a few years ago after a string of humorous posts regarding Tunny bars.

Sorry but the offer finished when stocks ran out....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, MJI said:

So we get free Caramel Wafer with every order?

I like them!

Now what is BR airbraked wagon compatible?

(looking at pile of damaged Cambrians)

2 hours ago, davefrk said:

Yes, we did that at a show a few years ago after a string of humorous posts regarding Tunny bars.

Sorry but the offer finished when stocks ran out....

Sorry Dave for getting the natives all excited, I thought (correctly) that I had posted "have" as in the past tense, obviously I'm losing track of the English language, I wonder what I should of put?!!!

Mike.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, davefrk said:

Hi all, just had a call from the Asthma nurse that oversees my COPD condition and I've been advised to stay at home for the duration so not really a change there then as I work from home anyway. Occasional visits to the post office would be okay with care so orders can be posted but, only once a week instead of most days..... Good stocks of everything as I was re-stocking for Scalefour North so no problem there.

Anyway, everyone keep safe and WASH YER HANDS.

Dave Franks
www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Keep safe Mr Franks, self isolate and build some trains!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just to say thanks to all the customers and I hope you're all keeping busy and not just staring out the window.

Later today I'll be posting a pile of orders so if you're needing something and we've got the stuff it can be posted otherwise it will be next week before I'm allowed out again....

All the best and keep safe.

Dave Franks

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• 5 months later...
25 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Seeing as you've started it, shell vents would be good!

Mike.

Hold on before we get off the subject of coach buffers.  We’re still waiting for 4 types of GWR coach buffers and the associated wagon buffer versions.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Are we allowed to wishlist? :)

Porcy's Law (or Porcy's rule of wishlists and telling the manufactures what they should have produced analogies)::smile_mini2:

Laws are made to be broken so in for a penny, in for a punt.

How about some 20" 3 rib buffers with textured top flat  (step)? For 12 ton box vans and some brake vans.

803099332_B770776-12tVan18StepBuffer.JPG.ec1e54d310feaa25c6129ba43c406d64.JPG

800857726_B950511-BrVan18StepBuffer.JPG.53e6119697521d3c3a99d3eee0118185.JPG

And while I'm on some coupling rods for a J27 please?  The bosses unusually have oiling flanges cast at both the twelve o clock and six o clock positions. Crockford Rail doesn't look to have modelled it on their up and coming.

J27-2016-Rebuild-017-Edit.jpg.190970ac6cc09f7415362902ab8bf5af.jpg

Punt over.

You & F keeping alright  ???

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 5

On 24/09/2020 at 14:27, Porcy Mane said:

And while I'm on some coupling rods for a J27 please?  The bosses unusually have oiling flanges cast at both the twelve o clock and six o clock positions. Crockford Rail doesn't look to have modelled it on their up and coming.

J27-2016-Rebuild-017-Edit.jpg.190970ac6cc09f7415362902ab8bf5af.jpg

Quite similar to rods on Great Central locomotives. Extract from ROD 8K (O4) coupling rod drawing below...

333921960_O4couplingrodextract.png.76e037db8b93b487521c31f90c9136db.png

I wonder how often the bottom plugs were taken off to drain oil and inspect for the level of metallic contamination in the oil?

Changing the subject. Dave? Are the Stanier 2-6-2T castings now available for general purchase please?

cheers...Morgan

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 45609 said:

Quite similar to rods on Great Central locomotives. Extract from ROD 8K (O4) coupling rod drawing below...

I wonder how often the bottom plugs were taken off to drain oil and inspect for the level of metallic contamination in the oil?

Changing the subject. Dave? Are the Stanier 2-6-2T castings now available for general purchase please?

cheers...Morgan

I would imagine based on comments by ex BR steam drivers who trained me that they would not drain oil out as it was a fitters job possibly at V&P time, or if they ran hot.  J27 rods would be useful as long as they can replace them on Alexander Models version as there are 2 waiting to be built.

What Stanier 2-6-2 castings?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, micklner said:

Westinghouse Stand Pipes to the standard/quality of your Vacumn Stand Pipes please.

Yes, definitely ! There are no scale ones that I know of. Pumps with the proper tops would be nice too! 

Edited by Daddyman