New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Well thankyou for the glowing report, we try to do a quick service though these days we only post on Mondays and Thursdays due to not going to the village post office but to another one a few miles away this was because of the rude and ignorant shop owner not taking any notice of the Covid lockdown regs and allowing  dozens of punters in the shop at once and theatening the staff if they try to stop too many customers. Many locals now boycott the establishment.

Dave F.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MJI said:

How many of us replace plastic kit buffers as a matter of course.

Guilty as charged!

Also, a not inconsiderable number of rtr buffers as well, generally due to the manufacturers inability to get them right.

Not forgetting vac cylinders and hoses, coupling hooks, ventilators etc etc.

Which reminds me, I need a stock top up!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Guilty as charged!

Also, a not inconsiderable number of rtr buffers as well, generally due to the manufacturers inability to get them right.

Not forgetting vac cylinders and hoses, coupling hooks, ventilators etc etc.

Which reminds me, I need a stock top up!

Mike.

So do I - again

• Like 1

On 14/12/2023 at 14:59, Enterprisingwestern said:

Guilty as charged!

You might be selling a lot of your GW wagon buffers with the imminent arrival of the rapido wagons with their incorrect buffers

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Got a couple of new generation parkside kits, van has two sets of ends for different buffers.

Just more to chop off.

I actually prefer the older kits as easier to modify

• RMweb Gold
On 14/12/2023 at 12:29, MJI said:

How many of us replace plastic kit buffers as a matter of course.

#MeToo. Invariably, even with some of the better quality kits, the LMS ones are far superior.

1 hour ago, MJI said:

Got a couple of new generation parkside kits, van has two sets of ends for different buffers.

Just more to chop off.

I actually prefer the older kits as easier to modify

Spookily, I'm doing a Parkside kit right now too. I thought the buffers looked OK and was set to leave them as they are packed out from the buffer beam. Once I put the heads on though, they looked awful so I'm about to root through my stash of LMS ones for suitable replacement.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Southernman46 said:

Bit OT but v. cute - that's a face that's easy to love ....................... 😍

Funnily I used to use a Helghan marksman but not able to change the below text, however I did change my PSN avatar to my dog a couple of years ago. So I suppose still relevant.

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, MJI said:

Funnily I used to use a Helghan marksman but not able to change the below text, however I did change my PSN avatar to my dog a couple of years ago. So I suppose still relevant.

I did wonder why you changed from a kneeling computer character to the pup but not the associated text!