New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Okay, finally found the time to photograph some new products.

Bufferstop as promised:- BS17 NER

post-10324-0-32786100-1439734733.jpg

post-10324-0-73289300-1439734772.jpg

North Eastern early standard stopblock (as it says on the drawing from NERA). Available with a timber and a two rail bufferbeam.

Similar to many earlier railway designs with most of it's structure well underground, period wise it fits in between the NER cast iron stop and the later NER surface bufferstop. On the website this week.

Something else I've been working on are these:-

post-10324-0-32097800-1439735079.jpg

LMS low profile coach vent, I say low profile as I felt most of the torpedo vents I've used in the past seemed too big or too tall for Stanier coaches so this is my third attempt to produce something I'm happier with. Modelled from decent close-up photos and very similar to LNER ones as well, these should be out shortly.

Ridge dome and shell vents for LMS still require work but we're getting there. An older LMS torpedo vent which has a rounder profile is also being worked on and there may be a few more coach vents which have been asked for as commissions so watch this space.

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Okay, finally found the time to photograph some new products.

Bufferstop as promised:- BS17 NER

attachicon.gifBS17 NER bufferstop.jpg

attachicon.gifBS17 NER bufferstop rear.jpg

North Eastern early standard stopblock (as it says on the drawing from NERA). Available with a timber and a two rail bufferbeam.

Similar to many earlier railway designs with most of it's structure well underground, period wise it fits in between the NER cast iron stop and the later NER surface bufferstop. On the website this week.

Dave Franks

Oooh you, you, ******  :nono:

I know you must get sick of wish listers asking you to do this or that part but I'll have a go anyway.

Any chance of doing the buffers fitted to Metro Cammell (and many other) DMUs? Basically it's an 18" self contained buffer with 20" diameter heads mounted on a 5" deep ribbed packing piece. Photos can be provided if required.

Cheers

David

Hi Dave. I know this is outside your area of interest as far as materials go, but I was wondering how feasible would it be to cast prototypically thin cab/tender doors, fall plates and loco front steps using thin latex/rubber, so that they flex out of the way on tighter curves. Possibly loco and tender brake shoes too, to allow shoe faces to be very close to the wheels without a risk of shorting. Rodger

Any chance of doing the buffers fitted to Metro Cammell (and many other) DMUs? Basically it's an 18" self contained buffer with 20" diameter heads mounted on a 5" deep ribbed packing piece. Photos can be provided if required.

Form an orderly queue now.    >?)

Tread carefully with 101 buffers Davey. Most 101 self contained buffers were without the peg plate as seen in the phot below.

A good number of early 101s were fitted with a unique buffer that was similar to but conspicuously different to the retro fitted Oleos. These "unique" buffers also had the distinctive semi circular lamp bracket bolted behind the extension piece. I was still occasionally seeing this type of buffer about in the early 1990's.

Mr F's LB05A is a pretty good match for the SC buffer if you reduce the height of the mounting face and knock up some new bolt heads. The extension piece: Some plasticard and tube should take care of that.

http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com/lanarkshire%20models%20and%20supplies%20website_095.htm

The lamp bracket is the hardbit. I know JSW did an etch (for a108?) a few years ago.

post-508-0-87444300-1439820703.jpg

Haven't seen you waving at Hoggersgate Jcn. lately.

Any chance of doing the buffers fitted to Metro Cammell (and many other) DMUs? Basically it's an 18" self contained buffer with 20" diameter heads.....

Don't know why I said 20" heads there as all the ones I've measured are 18" diameter.

LB05A is close but then MJT 2350 is close too.

What's a 'peg plate'? Sometimes us professional railway men have trouble keeping up with all this modelling slang.

Cheers

David

LB05A is close but then MJT 2350 is close too. 

The MJT jobby is a bit more risky when drilling for a 2.5 mm shank sprung head and the representation of the bolt heads... well, have you ever seen a wedged shaped bolt head?

What's a 'peg plate'? Sometimes us professional railway men have trouble keeping up with all this modelling slang.

Modelling slang... Modelling slang indeed...  That's Porcy's patois for railway gubbins.  :smile_mini:

The normally round plate (but rectangular in my phot above) that held the stuff that engaged in a slot to stop an oval buffer rotating.

P

will you doing the DAV as well Dave?

Would that be the big double acting one then, if you have a photo and dimensions I'll think about it.

Dave.

I think I have something in my possession that just might be suitable for a Master . :smile_mini2:  Hopefully see you at Manchester. If not, maybe October.

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

DAV is presumably the direct admission valve. Nice diagram and explanation On page 23 here http://lmsca.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/LMSRAVB.pdf

Comet models C50 has BR DA valves included in the pack.

Whilst it's up to Dave to produce whatever he feels will sell I'd much prefer to see things that are either unavailable elsewhere or, if available, not to scale, incorrect shape etc. I've bought a lot of Lanarkshire stuff and it is certainly very good quality so I'll be buying plenty more as and when the bits I need come along. I just won't be throwing away all my ABS buffers quite yet. My Mikes Models buffer stop kits on the other hand........

Whilst it's up to Dave to produce whatever he feels will sell I'd much prefer to see things that are either unavailable elsewhere or, if available, not to scale, incorrect shape etc. I've bought a lot of Lanarkshire stuff and it is certainly very good quality so I'll be buying plenty more as and when the bits I need come along. I just won't be throwing away all my ABS buffers quite yet. My Mikes Models buffer stop kits on the other hand........

Duplication    = Waste of time & Effort.

Development = Improved looking model. :smile_mini2:

Part of my stash of LMS stuff here, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3252-worsdell-forevers-workbench-loads-of-north-eastern-stuff/page-27&do=findComment&comment=1917510.

My ABS and MJT stashes are considerably larger.

I thought railway modellers throwaways ended up on Ebay to disappear into AN Other's stash at inflated prices.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Duplication    = Waste of time & Effort.

Development = Improved looking model. :smile_mini2:

Part of my stash of LMS stuff here, http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3252-worsdell-forevers-workbench-loads-of-north-eastern-stuff/page-27&do=findComment&comment=1917510.

My ABS and MJT stashes are considerably larger.

I thought railway modellers throwaways ended up on Ebay to disappear into AN Other's stash at inflated prices.

P

It's like any economy, some of it circulates (Ebay), a small amount moves out (some of us build stuff) a small amount comes in (Dave makes nice buffers and stopblocks), most of it is stashed away (Porcy's bench) - Simples. 

Now, now boys and girls, best behaviour please.

The latest bufferstop of the North Eastern persuasion is now up on that there website and I'm sitting here waiting to package up your orders.

You'll find BS17 on the second page of the bufferstop index reached by clicking on bufferstop picture on the products page.

Aye thank you.

Dave Franks

And yes I know a couple of product pictures are missing from the website, can't be arxed reloading it again tonight.

Despite requests, Dave will not be sporting last year's 'short back and slap' look at this year's expo.

Unless they need a monk again on Outlander. They are back filming at the studios near Glasgow

The annoying thing was - Fiona quite liked the 'look'.

Dave Franks.

Despite requests, Dave will not be sporting last year's 'short back and slap' look at this year's expo.

Unless they need a monk again on Outlander. They are back filming at the studios near Glasgow

The annoying thing was - Fiona quite liked the 'look'.

Remember: you're not bald. It's a solar panel for a s.e.x. machine.