APT-E - Second Test Sample Video

rapidotrains

I'm not personally buying an APT-E, but I have been following the thread and assocoiated Rapido threads with much interest. I'd like to congratulate Jason and his team for a top quality model and I look forward very much to any future releases, that can only improve the British outline market by a seriously long way.

Nice one guys! Puuhhhhlllllleeeeaasse can we have some nice MK3a's or a fantastic 37 or some top quality DMU's - okay, I'll stop dribbling now.........

cheers

Andy

Never mind the APT-E, Cybermen and K-9, I was most impressed by the rake of Triang Mk1s behind the prototype Deltic!

My wife noticed that one of the platform benches had fallen over.

In her words, "The passengers were so shocked to see the APT-E that they leapt from their seats, consequently knocking the bench over."

-Jason

Like the white horse on the hillside in the video :jester:

If you are referring to the creature at about 3:20 into the video, it's actually a sheep...

I quite liked the "Vale of the White Sheep".

And K9. Seen in what might be Acton, Ontario's version of spring showers. (I presume that K9 belongs to Jason.)

And the Cybermen.

I didn't see a blue call box anywhere trackside though.

FADE IN

SCENE: WINDSWEPT ENGLISH VALLEY. A BRONZE AGE CHALK CARVING OF A SHEEP ADORNS A HILLSIDE DEFINING THE VALLEY. THE TARDIS STANDS BY A RAILWAY LINE.

The Doctor and Romana exit the TARDIS.

THE DOCTOR

The train is late.

ROMANA

Perhaps there are leaves on the line?

etc.

Biffo didn't mention the APU start-up sound, which is also part of the sound file, not to mention the door slams.

In reality we started the Dale diesel APU first, to provide 'house power' for the train, but it looks a bit odd when you see a futuristic looking train that KNOW is turbine powered and the first thing you hear is a diesel start....

The door slams are recorded from a BR Mki 1 coach, but that's wholly authentic too as we used standard door locks and latches on the E-Train anyway.

The tilt pump is also 100% accurate even though we don't have any working tilt packs aboard E-Train. The APT-P Mk 5 packs used the same main pump as the Mk 2s aboard E-Train and the Crewe based APT-P does have some working packs. For those of a technical bent the pumps are Lucas PM125s with the CPSV valves heavily hot-rodded by me so they work better!  :no:

Archived