Marcus 37

Hi Adrian

The structure is made of foam board. Lovely medium to build with. Rigid, light and easy to cut. Only trouble it eats scalpel blades. The material although easy to cut blunts the blades really quickly. Don't let that put you off though.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Cheers Marcus

What's the best glue for it? Also what glue do you then use to bond the plasticard to the foamboard? Not that any of that will really help me as the next bit of scratch building I have to do is a covered conveyorbelt with steel supports.....................how did you make that pipe bridge again!!!!!!!

:sungum:

• Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Adrian

I use PVA to bond the foam board to itself and to the Plastikard. What I tend to do when building the structure out of foam board is hold it together with dress makers pins until the glue has dried. Once it's dried it's very sturdy and solid.

As for the pipe bridge that was made of various sections of Plastistruct.

Evergreen also make numerous sections as well.

Cheers

Marcus

Had a break from modelling this afternoon and had a running session instead.

Some pictures below of our new arrivals.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

It's great to finally have the ICI hoppers on the layout. It's the one wagon that just oozes Peak Forest.

Nice rake of Pollybulks mate. :sungum:

And others. :stinker:

• Like 1

Although spent most of the day in the kitchen yesterday preparing food for tonight's bonfire party I did manage to make and fit the rest of the Windows to the office building. A couple of pics below

post-18515-0-69332400-1541234803_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-90910800-1541234814_thumb.jpeg

And finally, these little beauties turned up yesterday as well. We used to use these quite regularly on a Tunstead to Small Heath working so will fit nicely when running PDW in current era.

post-18515-0-22972600-1541234827_thumb.jpeg

A picture of the actual train after I had just run the loco round in Tyseley yard prior to heading back to Small Heath.

post-18515-0-25431200-1541235164_thumb.jpeg

Off out in the garden now to set up ready for tonight. Fingers crossed for some decent weather.

Cheers for now.

Marcus

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

I was gonna order a few of those MJA wagons from Hattons Sale but resisted, not worked any yet.

still umming and ahhhing over getting a rake of silver bullets as that’s a regular job for me, called in the tutbury jinny model shop on my way to work today as he had some in the other week for £30 a piece but he’d sold em, I have found another place with them for <£30 each but it’s not payday til next Friday so must resist

Dont sign peak forest! I thought you would have been begging to get that signed off (after iport of course!)

• 3 months later...

The last two hours have consisted of several cups of tea , travelling back to 2015 and some really interesting reading of this thread, i am now following it.

Great work, the scratch-built buildings really make the layout. I am definitely going to give the rock cuttings a go as they look brilliant.

Keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Marcus. Can I just say that I have really enjoyed reading every page of this blog and you have done a magnificent job on this layout. The information you have detailed and shown is excellent. I hope you are proud of the result. The scenery is really good. The buildings look great. The locos and trucks look good. The operational potential appears to be great. The layout seems to have an atmosphere of its' own and you have really inspired me to start a layout in my own loft. I particularly like the videos that you have produced which show trains moving at prototypical speeds. Most videos from others tend to show trains moving at stupidly high speed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...