PIKO Digital G scale system

As i am restarting in  Garden Railways   after  a 3  year break  I needed to  sort out  a digital  system, in the  past  i  used  Massoth 12 Amp Radio controlled  system  which  i  found  was  excellent, however  when    gave  up the  garden railway  for  smaller  scales  ( after  30  years in  the  garden!)  I sold  the  Massoth  sytem on.

I believe it  may  live in  the Paris  area now!

I would  loved to  have    bought a  new  Massoth  system  but  the  current  price  Tag of   well over £1200 was a bit prohibitive and the new  line  will be  quite a bit smaller in size  than its predesesor .

Anyway having  done  a little  research on  what is available  I  purchased  a  PIKO Digital system  from a well known (smaller) retailer  in  the  Lancashire  area  who  gave  me an excellent  price on   the whole  package  around  £120 off the  RRP  making  my cost a little over  £500.00

The PIKO systems components  are apparently  made  by Massoth ,  The  Hand  Held Navigator  is  Identical and  has  all the  functions of   the  branded  Massoth one in fact  on power up the  massoth  name  is  displayed in the (back lit) display.

I have only had  chance  for a few  brief re familiarisation  tests on a small test  track  but indications are  the  system  will be  fine,  Like  my original Massoth  system  the  VHF radio system   has  a  range  of over 200 metres!  which is good  as the  back Garden  is only around 16 metres long!!

post-10539-0-82615300-1428100240.jpg

Archived