WIP drawing of 16mm CMLR 'Princess'

Hello all, I've been working on and off on an engineers drawing of the Campbeltown and Machrihanish Light Railway's Skylark class 0-4-2 'Princess' in 16mm scale.

post-9274-0-64245200-1428263059.jpg

Heres what we've got thus far, its gone better that previous efforts of mine in 4MM, which is why I choose 16MM to work in; its more forgiving. I should stress this is not for any construction project, I haven't the time, money, or experience to build my own locomotive, let alone anywhere to run it. This is just a 'see if I could' activity. The frames are 'okay' to my eyes, though I do realise that the trailing axle isn't centred, the tanks are perhaps too high and the Cab is ridiculously small. What are your thoughts, engineers of the community?  

Are you making the model live steam or electrically powered?

Your drawing looks OK, I'm a pencil and paper man when it come to drawings.

This is a link to my 16mm project which is being built to run on a layout called "First Sunday In June". 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/95573-something-different-from-hobbyhorse-16mm-scale/?p=1766832

I think most people look at 16mm scale as something that is solely garden rail scale, but thing are changing.

Simon

I imagine it would be live steam, well ideally, but I'd settle for electric happily. If I was to build a skylark, I'd envision building off of something, most likely, a roundhouse basic machine. As I say this is more about my graphical skills.

ScR

Archived