Taunton 2015 - the Saturday evening meal on 25th April

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Greetings all.

Here are the details for the Saturday evening meal, prior to the actual Members Day on the Sunday.

This year we will be returning to The Lethbridge Arms at Bishops Lydeard after visiting the Taunton Model Railway Group and their Bath Green Park layout at Bishops Lydeard station.

The visit to the model railway clubroom will be from 1700 to 1900 hrs, after which the intention is to retire immediately to The Lethbridge, which is a mere 5 minutes walk from the station.

I have booked the whole dining room for our party, which can accommodate anything between 20 - 30 people with ease. There will be a private birthday party in another part of the pub, but that event and ours will be 'partitioned off' and we should have the dining room, plus a portion of the adjacent bar area, completely to ourselves.

To make things easier on the organisation front, this year I have done things a little differently, as the pub have offered a set menu of two or three courses, for a fixed price. This is how the DRAG group do things for our annual post-Christmas dinner, and it seems to work pretty well.

I will show the details of the set menu below, but the way this has to work is as follows:

1) Choose which courses you would like

2) Ring or e-mail the pub with your choices (e-mail is preferable - familyschofield@hotmail.com), giving your name and telling them that you are part of the Maddocks party

3) Please ensure that you e-mail your food order to the pub no later than Monday 20th April

4) The pub has asked that we all pay for our food on the night, rather than in advance, so we will all be individually responsible for settling our own bills when we are there

5) Send ME a PM just to say that you are coming to the pub evening. I don't need to know what you are eating (or whether you are eating there, for that matter!) - I simply need to know overall numbers (any members on here who also belong to DRAG will notice the slight difference in these arrangements)

The details of the set menu are as follows:

Starters
  • Country vegetable soup
  • Venison pate with Melba toast and red onion marmalade
  • Filo tiger prawns with a sweet chill sauce
  • Garlic and cheese mushroom bake with warm crusty bread

Mains

• Pan fried sea bass with potato dauphinous and lemon cream caper sauce
  • 8 oz sirloin steaks with grilled mushroom and tomato, rocket and Parmesan salad and rustic chips
  • Goats cheese nutroast with Parmesan and rocket salad and balsamic glaze
  • Chicken bolantines  stuffed with sausage meat wrapped in parma ham, served with crushed new potatoes and red wine jus

Desserts
  • Baileys cheesecake
  • Hot cinnamon waffle crunch with vanilla ice-cream and toffee sauce.
  • Cheese board
  • Apple and rhubarb crumble with hot custard

2 courses       £16.95
3 courses       £22.00

I hope that these menu choices will be OK for most, if not all of us partaking of the Saturday evening pub gathering. If you would really prefer to order something individually from their normal menu, please contact the pub separately to get details of their standard menu, place your order and just let me know that you are still attending the event.

Information on The Lethbridge Arms can be found here - https://plus.google.com/101222832684721166739/about?gl=uk&hl=en

You can contact the pub on 01823 433467 but they would prefer orders to be e-mailed through on this address - familyschofield@hotmail.com

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a reminder to everyone coming to the meal, but who haven't yet ordered their meal from the set menu, please note that the deadline for doing so (directly with The Lethbridge Arms) is Monday next week, please.

If you miss the deadline for any reason, don't worry too much, I'd still ring the pub as soon as you can and ask if you can still place the order.

Many thanks.

Archived