Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning everyone, while we're counting down to the Stirling Single release, here's a link to a different thread for people wondering what to put behind the Stirling Single... 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111744-mike-trices-shapeways-shop-gnr-6-wheel-carriages-now-available/?p=3059646

I hope Mike doesn't mind me putting it here.

• Like 1

I can hardly wait for the 00 Gauge model to come out! Not long now...

So far, my improved Emily model is starting to take shape. The sprung buffers and dummy hooks have been added on, but it still needs vacuum pipes, handrails, a detailed interior and cab with checkered-plating on the floor and even a locomotive crew. Plus, I have thought about getting some non-corrdor clerestory coaches, paint them in dark green like Emily and make them her coaches though most modellers I would come across would use Emily's six-wheel coaches like in the TV Series; what do you think? Which should I use for Emily? I even made a poll about it. Please let me know.

https://strawpoll.com/7eg6kz1f

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon, all. Has there been any further update on when we can expect to see these gorgeous models? With the rash of beautiful pre-grouping models coming out from all over the place, I am having to carefully plan my finances for the rest of the year!

I can hardly wait for the 00 Gauge model to come out! Not long now...

So far, my improved Emily model is starting to take shape. The sprung buffers and dummy hooks have been added on, but it still needs vacuum pipes, handrails, a detailed interior and cab with checkered-plating on the floor and even a locomotive crew. Plus, I have thought about getting some non-corrdor clerestory coaches, paint them in dark green like Emily and make them her coaches though most modellers I would come across would use Emily's six-wheel coaches like in the TV Series; what do you think? Which should I use for Emily? I even made a poll about it. Please let me know.

https://strawpoll.com/7eg6kz1f

It looks like Emily's six-wheel coaches appear to be winning...although, on a personal note, I did have some bogie clerestory coaches in dark green in mind.

Edited by LNWR18901910

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

Email from Locomotion. Order book closes at the end of April. Delivery still expected in June.

Edited by spet0114

I'm more than happy to wait until I can see from users' reports on production models that a proper job has been made of the Stirling Single. I'll then know whether I really want one. In the unlikely event that I miss the chance completely, I'll have lost nothing.

It was looking very good on the Rapido stand at York last month.

I was already persuaded, but if further persuasion had been necessary ...

This will be a great release.

Rather than tart up third-rate products from clueless new entrants indifferent to accuracy, Locomotion/NRM should strive for high standards and maintain their brand integrity by collaborating only with the best - Rapido and Bachmann - and work through some other 'iconic' locomotives in the collection:

- Johnson Spinner

- Hardwicke

- Gladstone

- SE&CR D Class

- NER Tenant

- NER M Class

- 1275 (NE 1001 Class)

(in no particular order)

The problem is, Rapido's No.1 will show what can really be done!

• Like 2

Guest spet0114

The problem is, Rapido's No.1 will show what can really be done!

Trouble is, it'll also demonstrate the cost of doing what can really be done.

Lord knows how much it'd cost if they were announcing it today.

On all your other points, I'm in full agreement.

Cheers

Adrian