Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• RMweb Gold

I have received an emailed reply to my query to Locomotion as to whether/when the second Stirling Single would be delivered.

Unfortunately it was the blanket statement that Locomotion issued a few days ago and doesn’t address my specific issue. Perhaps this is the response that keeps their “response within 5 days” target intact.

I was not expecting a response on a Sunday so hopefully I may get a more “helpful” response during the working week. I have to admit that I am not very hopeful about getting one however.

Continued thanks for “patience and understanding” may start to wear thin as the days and weeks pass.

Darius

Update - I have received a personal reply from Locomotion (on a Sunday) assuring me that the problem will be resolved, hopefully next week.

Considering this is on a Sunday evening they are clearly working hard to sort things out.

Darius

• Like 2

An update as such is that the problems with the UK delivery only affected half of the batch of Silent models, which I know is not what we wanted to happen at all and I do apologise for the delay in getting back to all customers affected and this has understandably caused me to postpone sending out international ones until later this week, which I aim to start sending out from Wednesday. Tom will be on site with me at Locomotion tomorrow and I know he has been in constant contact with the couriers in sorting out the error that occurred.

Regards

Stuart

An update as such is that the problems with the UK delivery only affected half of the batch of Silent models, which I know is not what we wanted to happen at all and I do apologise for the delay in getting back to all customers affected and this has understandably caused me to postpone sending out international ones until later this week, which I aim to start sending out from Wednesday. Tom will be on site with me at Locomotion tomorrow and I know he has been in constant contact with the couriers in sorting out the error that occurred.

Regards

Stuart

Great to hear :).

I got mine...hooray, even though it wasn't my name on the package. But it's got the drooping front to the footplate. I wonder how many are like that? Is yours like that?

I'll contact Locomotion next week because they're probably a bit busy right now.

For the price it needs to be right.

• RMweb Gold

I got a letter yesterday addressed to "The occupier". There is no one living here called "The occupier" . Should I report this serious data breach? It appears to be widespread as some of my neighbours also got similar letters.

:) :)

I’m actually puzzled how giving an address to a courier to deliver a parcel is a data breach.. if it is then how has Royal Mail survived the last 200 years ? If it is a data breach then i’m off to the electric, gas, water, council etc and requesting they personally deliver all mail as I don’t consent to my bills being given to third parties

:-)

As an aside, last week my Derails package was delivered it into my neighbours bin, who fortunately took it in their house for safe keeping.. has the bin men therefore inadvertently breached GDPR rules ?

Be thankful for small mercies, had APC not had not sent my GNR single parcel to someone unknown, it could well be lost to a Surrey landfill site right now, marked signed for and delivered !!!-it’d be the nicest train in the tip.

For that reason I am thankful for the wait !

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4

I got mine...hooray, even though it wasn't my name on the package. But it's got the drooping front to the footplate. I wonder how many are like that? Is yours like that?

I'll contact Locomotion next week because they're probably a bit busy right now.

For the price it needs to be right.

You could try the Rapido UK support argent that is mentioned in the booklet first (so we are told here, being an international customer, mine has yet to be sent - I've waited almost 4 years so a few weeks is nothing on top). Just to see what they say.

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear they just tried to redeliver the second parcel to my Dad that he refused last Monday! The Driver recognised him and realised it was wrong straight away, so it appears APC aren't labelling up the duplicates as wrong at least at his local depot!

Guest spet0114

Got a phone call from Amanda today - my replacement (hopefully straight) loco is leaving today. Looks like they're getting to grips with the APC problem and starting to deal with other matters.

Makes you wonder - if the wonky locos are widespread
(and there seem to be a few at least) then there may not be many spare locos left after replacements have been sent to release for general sale.

Edited by spet0114

Small point - my locos arrived promptly and in good fettle, but there was no paperwork. Is everyone getting a separate letter and spare chains regardless of whether they requested them or not....?

They are sending out the envelope to everyone without having to request it. Mine arrived four days after the loco - hope this helps.

My two additional models went back with APC today.

I was told they don't give receipts! How the heck can you prove someone took then?

Anyways the driver hand wrote me a chit.

All I need now is my awaited call from Locomotion as I got a DDC ready version when I paid for a DDC fitted one.

A nice lady called me on Friday from York and the Shildon shop will be calling me to refund the difference.

Happy days!

Got a phone call from Amanda today - my replacement (hopefully straight) loco is leaving today. Looks like they're getting to grips with the APL problem and starting to deal with other matters.

(and there seem to be a few at least) then there may not be many spare locos left after replacements have been sent to release for general sale.

Could you please stop trying to second guess things that you don’t have the facts on.

There are plenty of models to go round.

Edited by rapidorepairsuk
  • Like 7

Guest spet0114

Could you please stop trying to second guess things that you don’t have the facts on.

There are plenty of models to go round.

I'm glad to hear it. This is one of a very few facts to have emerged of late. I don't supppose you'd care to quantify your assertion?

What you (inaccurately) refer to as second-guessing, I prefer to think of as a (one possible outcome of a) logical extrapolation based on observed evidence. I made it entirely clear that it was just such a thought exercise and nothing more. I think that the majority of folk have accepted it as such.

In the meantime, I will continue to report (factually) on my experience of returning a defective product to the retailer and obtaining a replacement, in the hope that it may be of practical use to others who are unfortunate enough to receive one with a similar fault. I should point out (in case it wasn't clear from my previous posts) that the Locomotion staff have been uniformly polite and easy to deal with, a notable feat considering the difficult situation they find themselves in.

Edited by spet0114

Assertion of what?

To me the second guessing that there won’t be enough locos to replace any ones with problems.

All that has happened since your post is an increase in emails to me with people now worried if they have a problem in the future they won’t be able to have it sorted.

Not sure why we need a blow by blow account of what is happening to your returned model and replacement.

If people follow the procedure as outlined in the booklet then any issues will be resolved as quickly as we are able too.

• Like 4

Speculation - pure and undiluted !

Your protestations in #1844 do not change the fact that you were trying to spread alarm and despondency.

By all means report facts, but leave it at that.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I'm glad to hear it. This is one of a very few facts to have emerged of late. I don't supppose you'd care to quantify your assertion?

What you (inaccurately) refer to as second-guessing, I prefer to think of as a (one possible outcome of a) logical extrapolation based on observed evidence. I made it entirely clear that it was just such a thought exercise and nothing more. I think that the majority of folk have accepted it as such.

In the meantime, I will continue to report (factually) on my experience of returning a defective product to the retailer and obtaining a replacement, in the hope that it may be of practical use to others who are unfortunate enough to receive one with a similar fault. I should point out (in case it wasn't clear from my previous posts) that the Locomotion staff have been uniformly polite and easy to deal with, a notable feat considering the difficult situation they find themselves in.

Please rein it in or you will lose access to the topic too.

• RMweb Premium

Oh for goodness sake.

I must have 40 or 50 guarantee statements for a range of manufacturers for a range of products.  Many of them say if you have a problem send the product to our service station.

You confuse the legal right (your last resort if you will) and the optimum method of effecting repair/replacement.

Your legal right says send it back to locomotion, who will send it to Rapido repairs, who will repair it and send it back to locomotion who will return it to you.

Alternatively you can send it direct to Rapido repairs who return it repaired straight to you.

Using the second method does not negate the legality of the former.  It is just more efficient and quicker - which means you get your repaired model quicker.  Which means you won't have anything to whinge about any more.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Arent we kind of missing the point here, in that this guys here to help people with possible issues with the model. That’s good customer service I’d say. I think we are splitting hairs whether any defective loco should be returned to Locomotion or presumably direct to their appointed agent to deal with it.

• Like 2

As I understand it, UK sales legislation is reasonably clear that when you purchase something, your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. Further, when a defect occurs, one's first port of call should be the retailer, who has the choice of attempting to replace, repair or refund.

This appears to contradict both your statement and that of the booklet, which appear to be advising the consumer to bypass the retailer and contact the manufacturer (or their UK representative) instead. Please can you explain this apparent discrepancy?

Cheers

Adrian

There isn’t a discrepancy.

The reason we say contact the repairs is the enquiry you send to Locomotion would be forwarded to me. I would then contact the consumer with the issue, to try and resolve the issue as quickly as possible for the consumer.

The system in place has worked well in the past with other models and it’s working well now so I’m not sure why you keep trying to create problems were they are none.

• Like 1

Guest spet0114

Arent we kind of missing the point here, in that this guys here to help people with possible issues with the model. That’s good customer service I’d say. I think we are splitting hairs whether any defective loco should be returned to Locomotion or presumably direct to their appointed agent to deal with it.

That was rather the basis of my question. If the two routes are genuinely and legally equivalent then that's great and, as Andy H points out, a considerable time-saver. This equivalency wasn't immediately obvious to me, hence the question, which has now been answered.

well looks like another day has gone by without any word when it !! might turn up 

perhaps they are holding back any further deliveries until they can be sure aps will deliver or maybe they will use a different carrier !!

or maybe there are not enough to go around until they get the duplicates back !!