Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

Hi All,

Update on Stirling Single delivery

There have been a number of issues relating to the fulfilment of our Stirling Single model. We would like, first, to apologise if you have been affected by any of these issues. We recognise that many of you have waited patiently to get your hands on the model and have been frustrated with our customer service and communication. We would also like to apologise to those customers who have sent enquiries for other NCIM exclusive Locomotion models, to whom we have not been able to respond adequately whilst dealing with this situation. We endeavour to do this as soon as we have completely dealt with the Stirling Single delivery issues.

To recap, the Stirling Single model was originally due to be ready for shipping in Autumn 2016. This was delayed as the manufacturer and Locomotion sought to rectify some design issues in order that the model would be of the highest possible quality. As expected, we had a very high number of pre-orders for this popular model. Ultimately, the models were ready for shipping towards the end of July 2018.

An error occurred in the UK  despatch process followed by our courier partner, APC Overnight , that resulted in some customers receiving more models than they had ordered with others initially not receiving  their order. A later dispatch was also organised in August. The remaining pre-ordered models, prior to May cut-of date, were processed last Thursday and should be with you by today. 

Communicating with those who made an order after the original cut-off date is our next priority – ensuring that they are told clearly whether their request can be fulfilled and, if so, a delivery date.

We would like to reassure all customers who pre-ordered that we have sufficient stock of Stirling Single, and there is no risk of people being left without the opportunity to get hold of your models.

We have endeavoured to stay in regular communication with all of our Stirling Single customers throughout this challenging period. However, we absolutely acknowledge that we were not prepared to deal with the high volume of calls and queries from those waiting for models or having received multiple ones. Again, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused.

We believe we have now rectified all of the errors in our systems and are well on the way to fulfilling the final Stirling Single deliveries. If you are

-          if you are a customer who pre-paid Stirling Single prior to the cut-off date at the end of April and you have not received your model by next Tuesday 11th September you should contact YDL on sales@justydl.com

-          if you are  a customers who mistakenly received extra models should also contact YDL on sales@justydl.com to organize for collection

-          if you are a customers who ordered Stirling Single after the end of April cut-off date you will be contacted by the Locomotion team from next week, to confirm the order is processed and to take payments

If you have general queries please contact queries@locomotionmodels.com or call on 01904 685 785 and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

Cheers

Tom, Stuart & Locomotion Models Team

• Like 11

Thanks for this statement.

It is unfortunate that the delivery problems have sometimes overshadowed our appreciation of what is a lovely model. Please do not allow our occasional frustration deter you from the production of future models of this standard - hopefully starting with some GN/ECJS coaches to accompany this and the Atlantic!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This is indeed a fantastic model. Well done to Locomotion and to Rapido.

As to the delivery issues, take a look at that fleet of locomotives, coaches and wagons on your layout and display shelves right now.

Some are recent acquisitions and some you have had for years.

Now ask yourself two questions;

1) Can I remember how many weeks later than planned each item became available?

2) Does it matter?

Enjoy your Sterling Singles for years to come.

Hi All,

Update on Stirling Single delivery

There have been a number of issues relating to the fulfilment of our Stirling Single model. We would like, first, to apologise if you have been affected by any of these issues. We recognise that many of you have waited patiently to get your hands on the model and have been frustrated with our customer service and communication. We would also like to apologise to those customers who have sent enquiries for other NCIM exclusive Locomotion models, to whom we have not been able to respond adequately whilst dealing with this situation. We endeavour to do this as soon as we have completely dealt with the Stirling Single delivery issues.

To recap, the Stirling Single model was originally due to be ready for shipping in Autumn 2016. This was delayed as the manufacturer and Locomotion sought to rectify some design issues in order that the model would be of the highest possible quality. As expected, we had a very high number of pre-orders for this popular model. Ultimately, the models were ready for shipping towards the end of July 2018.

An error occurred in the UK  despatch process followed by our courier partner, APC Overnight , that resulted in some customers receiving more models than they had ordered with others initially not receiving  their order. A later dispatch was also organised in August. The remaining pre-ordered models, prior to May cut-of date, were processed last Thursday and should be with you by today. 

Communicating with those who made an order after the original cut-off date is our next priority – ensuring that they are told clearly whether their request can be fulfilled and, if so, a delivery date.

We would like to reassure all customers who pre-ordered that we have sufficient stock of Stirling Single, and there is no risk of people being left without the opportunity to get hold of your models.

We have endeavoured to stay in regular communication with all of our Stirling Single customers throughout this challenging period. However, we absolutely acknowledge that we were not prepared to deal with the high volume of calls and queries from those waiting for models or having received multiple ones. Again, we would like to apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this has caused.

We believe we have now rectified all of the errors in our systems and are well on the way to fulfilling the final Stirling Single deliveries. If you are

-          if you are a customer who pre-paid Stirling Single prior to the cut-off date at the end of April and you have not received your model by next Tuesday 11th September you should contact YDL on sales@justydl.com

-          if you are  a customers who mistakenly received extra models should also contact YDL on sales@justydl.com to organize for collection

-          if you are a customers who ordered Stirling Single after the end of April cut-off date you will be contacted by the Locomotion team from next week, to confirm the order is processed and to take payments

If you have general queries please contact queries@locomotionmodels.com or call on 01904 685 785 and we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.

Cheers

Tom, Stuart & Locomotion Models Team

I pre-ordered one because of my love of Pre-Grouping Steam and I have been trying to pay for the additional charge of £50 for the model ready to be shipped. How can I get around it? I ordered the model on the website (DCC-Ready with no sound as my layout is AC and hand-operated which is a tradition some modellers like myself have).

• RMweb Gold

I pre-ordered one because of my love of Pre-Grouping Steam and I have been trying to pay for the additional charge of £50 for the model ready to be shipped. How can I get around it? I ordered the model on the website (DCC-Ready with no sound as my layout is AC and hand-operated which is a tradition some modellers like myself have).

If you pre-ordered one then you would have already paid the £50 as the initial deposit.   If, as it sounds, you ordered one after the cut off date and paid just the remaining balance without the initial £50, then the statement below is probably applicable to you. 

Please PM for details and I will have the team look into it and contact you which maybe early next week, it looks like you may have ordered after the cut off date

Edited by Tom Mackie SMG

Great to see everyone getting their models and the issues being worked out.

I have to say it's the best model I've ever owned, so happy I've bought one. Thank you to everyone at Rapido, the NRM and Locomotion for making it happen!

• Like 5

Just got off the phone to Locomotion Models,think I was speaking to Stewart, and my model is now on the way!
Massive thank you to Stuart, Tom and the team for getting it sorted. Looking forward to it's arrival!

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 1

Oh, it just keeps on giving.  Phone call today to arrange pickup for the two extra models delivered in error.....

... which they collected a week last Friday.

Hi,

I am sorry you have been contacted when collection has been made already, I will pick this up with our fulfilment company, if you wouldn't mind PM your contact details.

Cheers

Tom

Oh, it just keeps on giving.  Phone call today to arrange pickup for the two extra models delivered in error.....

... which they collected a week last Friday.

If only I had impersonated the courier sent to collect, and issued some sort of plausible-looking receipt!

Does anybody actually know where all the models are, with any degree of reliability? Will they ever know?

If only I had impersonated the courier sent to collect, and issued some sort of plausible-looking receipt!

Does anybody actually know where all the models are, with any degree of reliability? Will they ever know?

Yes we know where all stock is, and have a full stock record of all models delivered & collected.

All incorrectly delivered models are now collected so I have ask our fulfilment provider why they have contacted people.  

If anyone is still awaiting collection please PM and I will investigate straight away and records show all miss delivered have been collected.

Cheers

Tom

• RMweb Premium

Yes we know where all stock is, and have a full stock record of all models delivered & collected.

All incorrectly delivered models are now collected so I have ask our fulfilment provider why they have contacted people.

If anyone is still awaiting collection please PM and I will investigate straight away and records show all miss delivered have been collected.

Cheers

Tom

Sorry Tom, this is not true. I still have an extra model. My dad even tried to take it to the local APC depot today in line with emails with Tom Clarke (who I contacted per your request on this thread) - they refused it.

I am close to giving up, and maybe you have written it off?

I’ve only had good experience with Locomotion before, until this.

Sorry Tom, this is not true. I still have an extra model. My dad even tried to take it to the local APC depot today in line with emails with Tom Clarke (who I contacted per your request on this thread) - they refused it.

I am close to giving up, and maybe you have written it off?

I’ve only had good experience with Locomotion before, until this.

I am sorry to hear of this experience and isn't acceptable from APC, please rest assured I will contact Tom Clarke tomorrow on this matter.

We haven't written it off or given up please be rest assured.

If you can email or PM me your order address and contact number I will get this looked at tomorrow.

Cheers

Tom

For those of us who only speak English, rather than waffling on in latterly invented management BS, is a "fulfilment provider" the same thing that can be described perfectly plainly as a delivery firm?

My questioning of the true knowledge of the whereabouts of all of these models appears to have been well justified.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

For those of us who only speak English, rather than waffling on in latterly invented management BS, is a "fulfilment provider" the same thing that can be described perfectly plainly as a delivery firm?

My questioning of the true knowledge of the whereabouts of all of these models appears to have been well justified.......

Simple answer no.

Yes they do the delivery, but they also do a whole lot more.  Order (mis)management; picking; packing; labelling; tracking etc.

The Post Office is a delivery firm.

The true whereabouts of all models is known as they all went out with a tracking number, to recollect any over delivered models a new tracking & collection needs to be generated and booked with everyone who has been over delivered.

This has been handled by YDL/APC and where they have been unable to get in contact with customers have asked us to support.

Could I check if you ordered & received a Stirling Single and had more delivered by mistake and if they have been collected.

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1