Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

• RMweb Gold

I disagree. They are also a corner shop, a bank, news agents, mobile phone provider and so much more..... They just need to start stocking Hornby et al and I'll be in heaven every time I buy a stamp.

I think "Post Office" and "Royal Mail" are being confused. They are two separate institutions.

The true whereabouts of all models is known as they all went out with a tracking number, to recollect any over delivered models a new tracking & collection needs to be generated and booked with everyone who has been over delivered.

This has been handled by YDL/APC and where they have been unable to get in contact with customers have asked us to support.

Could I check if you ordered & received a Stirling Single and had more delivered by mistake and if they have been collected.

Cheers

Tom

As a totally non-involved observer of this saga, you would be well-advised not to make untrue or exaggerated statements.

You posted :-

Yes we know where all stock is, and have a full stock record of all models delivered & collected.

All incorrectly delivered models are now collected so I have ask our fulfilment provider why they have contacted people.  

If anyone is still awaiting collection please PM and I will investigate straight away and records show all miss delivered have been collected.

If "you know where all stock is", and "all incorrectly delivered models are now collected", why would you go on to post "If anyone is still awaiting collection"?

You were almost immediately notified of a model that had not been collected, but still you post "The true whereabouts of all models is known" !!

This may be what you are telling your superiors, but it patently obviously is not true.

Perhaps you might be better occupied in getting on top of this issue, rather than digging yourself deeper and deeper by posting mis-information here?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As a totally non-involved observer of this saga, you would be well-advised not to make untrue or exaggerated statements.

Yes we know where all stock is, and have a full stock record of all models delivered & collected.

All incorrectly delivered models are now collected so I have ask our fulfilment provider why they have contacted people.  

If anyone is still awaiting collection please PM and I will investigate straight away and records show all miss delivered have been collected.

If "you know where all stock is", and "all incorrectly delivered models are now collected", why would you go on to post "If anyone is still awaiting collection"?

You were almost immediately notified of a model that had not been collected, but still you post "The true whereabouts of all models is known" !!

This may be what you are telling your superiors, but it patently obviously is not true.

Perhaps you might be better occupied in getting on top of this issue, rather than digging yourself deeper and deeper by posting mis-information here?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Rather than your usual misreading of a situation, how about the explanation that the NRM has been advised by YDL/APC  that the items have been traced and recalled when they possibly haven't. The NRM can only go on information received and I'm sure it is reported here in good faith..

You have to put bullsh1t 'spin' in a reply implying that there is an alterior motive to what someone tells you.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Lay off the poor guy. It's blindingly obvious what a c0ck-up has occurred, and I expect stress and sleepless nights have resulted.

Some smug online bystander twisting the knife is no help at all.

Simple answer no.

Yes they do the delivery, but they also do a whole lot more.  Order (mis)management; picking; packing; labelling; tracking etc.

The Post Office is a delivery firm.

Nope. Royal Mail is a delivery organisation. The Post Office is mainly involved with retail.

They have been separate for decades.

Jason

I disagree. They are also a corner shop, a bank, news agents, mobile phone provider and so much more..... They just need to start stocking Hornby et al and I'll be in heaven every time I buy a stamp.

Getting off topic.

But my local Post Office did sell models back in the 1970s and early 1980s. It had a full rack of Humbrol paints and a selection of Airfix kits. Also lots of toys such as Matchbox cars, etc.

Jason

• Like 2

• Administrators

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Quite how you can be "non-involved" when you've repeatedly posted in this topic is a mystery. Assuming you mean you haven't ordered a loco, can I politely request you lay off with the accusations.

I think your last line might better read "Perhaps you might be better occupied doing pretty much anything else, rather arguing with those making trouble on a forum."

Phil

"Fulfilment Provider" seems a far more suitable description for the kind of person who used to leave little cards in phone boxes. In no way does it describe a packing and delivery firm, or a (mis)distribution firm. It's shame the term as used in this context lacks the word "solutions", that would complete the meaningless hot air.

I'm extremely relieved to say that I did not order a model, and since the whereabouts of every model is known, I don't need to say whether or not I wrongly received one.

Quite how you can be "non-involved" when you've repeatedly posted in this topic is a mystery. Assuming you mean you haven't ordered a loco, can I politely request you lay off with the accusations.

I think your last line might better read "Perhaps you might be better occupied doing pretty much anything else, rather arguing with those making trouble on a forum."

Phil

So when was the new forum rule introduced that you can only post to a topic if you've bought the item in question?

During forty years in a profession that often involved press statements, I quickly learned that you NEVER make a definitive statement that you have not personally verified.

If you state that "you know where all stock is", and "all incorrectly delivered models are now collected" you MUST have verified that information personally; not taken some other party's word for it, especially when that party is responsible for the cock-up in the first place.

Before making such claims, I would want to have seen the list giving the whereabouts of each and every model. and have checked the stock held against that list. Not to do so is laying yourself open to exactly such a rebuff as has now occurred.

My comment is solely about public relations and the need to verify claims before making statements - as such, I would hope that is would be taken as part of the learning process at the (N)RM.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1

"Fulfilment Provider" seems a far more suitable description for the kind of person who used to leave little cards in phone boxes. In no way does it describe a packing and delivery firm, or a (mis)distribution firm. It's shame the term as used in this context lacks the word "solutions", that would complete the meaningless hot air.

I'm extremely relieved to say that I did not order a model, and since the whereabouts of every model is known, I don't need to say whether or not I wrongly received one.

I believe that the purpose of language is to communicate. I believe we all fully understood what was meant by the term "Fulfillment Provider" so the purpose of the comm was fully achieved.

Tom and team are doing a great if some times thankless job. So lets keep them motivated so we can move on to the Stirling coaches.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nope. Royal Mail is a delivery organisation. The Post Office is mainly involved with retail.

They have been separate for decades.

Jason

I stand corrected but since I haven't lived in the UK for over 20 years I hope you will understand my error.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Well you always get a

"Regards " at the end  :no:  :no:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well I would like to submit my entry into the "longest wait" record.

Mine arrived yesterday in Canada. It was ordered 5 hours after announcement on April 8th 2015, and paid in full well in advance.

I hope anyone else still waiting receives one soon, and also hope that Stuart has worked his way out of most of the problems now.

Tom

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well I would like to submit my entry into the "longest wait" record.

Mine arrived yesterday in Canada. It was ordered 5 hours after announcement on April 8th 2015, and paid in full well in advance.

I hope anyone else still waiting receives one soon, and also hope that Stuart has worked his way out of most of the problems now.

Tom

I ordered a bunch of Lima Class 45s at the London Toy-fair in January 1990.

Still waiting an EP.

Edited by adb968008

I stand corrected but since I haven't lived in the UK for over 20 years I hope you will understand my error.

Don't worry about it.

If you haven't used a Post Office in the UK for 20 years then you would possibly be the same as most of the population. I can't remember the last time I used one as opposed to a PO counter in a supermarket or WH Smith.

Stamps? You get them from supermarkets in books. I think most people now get their pensions and benefits paid straight in to their bank accounts. You can also pay most of your bills online or at the corner shop.

Jason

My local Post Office has a huge stock of model railway stuff. There's a great pub but 50m away. Lucky me, eh?

Broughton in Furness by the way

• Like 2

My local Post Office has a huge stock of model railway stuff. There's a great pub but 50m away. Lucky me, eh?

Now I,m jealous. You just need the model railway club to be on the first floor of the pub and it will be perfect.

You are lucky.  Our local Post office closed in March.

The shop that depended on its income to stay in village closed in May.   Bus ride or expensive parking to nearest town for either now.

Les

Edited by Les1952

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Missed the deadline but have ordered a sound fitted one with the current / original tender as it looks as if a few spare ones are now about to filter into the shop. 8^) 8^) 8^) 

Just need this pay day to add the Dynometer and my little heritage railway / museum will be up and running again. 

Hi all, can anyone tell me if they got a notification of postage upon ordering their Single? Ordered mine over a week ago now and I've had the order confirmation, but no dispatch confirmation nor a tracking number, just an order reference number. 
Not sure if they're being posted in one batch and mine's being held back, or if it's just a slow courier! Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by CrisisOnACanoe

Hi all, can anyone tell me if they got a notification of postage upon ordering their Single? Ordered mine over a week ago now and I've had the order confirmation, but no dispatch confirmation nor a tracking number, just an order reference number. 

Not sure if they're being posted in one batch and mine's being held back, or if it's just a slow courier! Thanks in advance. :)

Well I ordered mine two weeks ago today. Until I have received it I shall refrain from posting my contact (or lack of) with Locomotion on here but they are an utter shambles!