Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

Hi all, can anyone tell me if they got a notification of postage upon ordering their Single? Ordered mine over a week ago now and I've had the order confirmation, but no dispatch confirmation nor a tracking number, just an order reference number. 

Not sure if they're being posted in one batch and mine's being held back, or if it's just a slow courier! Thanks in advance. :)

I didn't receive an email telling me that it was due.

In fact I haven't received anything in my inbox from Locomotion since the GDPR email which I replied to. We used to get emails monthly.

Jason

Can anyone tell me please if Locomotion have advised that models are still available as I haven't seen anything and hope I haven't missed any information.

Thanks and regards

Philip

Both variants should still be available I believe. Good luck in trying to contact Locomotion to order one though.

They are listed under the "NCIM coming soon" tab on Locomotion Models website. It also says that they will be posted out the week commencing 1 October 2018, so it is presumably a relatively new page.

It would be good if LM updated their front page to remove the out of date information and redundant links for paying balances.

Regards

Roddy

Edited by Roddy Angus
  • Like 1

Finally cancelled my order tonight after much soul-searching. Locomotion Models took the payment from my card on 30th September but gave no indication of delivery timescale. Chased them up and eventually received an email telling me that as models were being shipped this week (w/c 8 Oct.), that mine would be with me by Friday 12th.

That day came and went with no model being received and further communication from either Locomotion Models or their so-called fulfilment partner, at which point I gave up.

Now just hoping that they refund my payment in a sensible timeframe. 

Bad show Locomotion Models, taking customers money and not shipping the goods at the same time.

One very disappointed ex-customer!

Andy

I've only ordered mine relatively recently - indeed I originally didn't intend to try getting a Single at all - and my payment has gone through along with my order number, so I have a good point of reference.
It seems the issue itself is simply lack of staffing, as I would've hoped my Single would be here by the tenth. From what I can see, politely asking them again and again until you get through is the only way to really make sure your order's progressed. I don't like pestering people, but in this case I'd rather pester than cancel my order outright. 

Update on Stirling Single

We truly appreciate your patience on the delivery of the Stirling single, this is due to a problem with our fulfilment company. The models have now been retuned direct to us and we are working as fast as possible to get all deliveries from the last 3 weeks out to customers this week.

Regards

Stuart

We truly appreciate your patience on the delivery of the Stirling single, this is due to a problem with our fulfilment company. The models have now been retuned direct to us and we are working as fast as possible to get all deliveries from the last 3 weeks out to customers this week.

Regards

Stuart

Your personal efforts on this are also truly appreciated.

In the meantime, perhaps you need a new Head of Fulfilment?

post-25673-0-84866700-1539729477.jpg

• Like 1

The Stirling Single has won the 2018 Hornby Magazine Best OO Scale Locomotive award.

https://twitter.com/Gaugemaster/status/1051155399334858752

Huzzah-zah!

Mine still hasn't turned up, though. Waste of time and money...

Regards

Stuart

Thank you very much. I am still looking forward to mine and the full payment has been fulfilled, hopefully.

The "fulfilment" of my order is a long story, that still goes on.

But....

It wasn't the "Fulfilment Company"  that lost my balance payment. :no:

It isn't the "Fulfilment Company"  that doesn't respond to my emails. :no:

It isn't the "Fulfilment Company"  that doesn't answer the phone. :no:

I sincerely hope that next year Locomotion will win the "Best Fulfilment" Award, but now I am still waiting.

BTW My order is from 10th April 2015.

Leen.

Edited by 3737

The Stirling Single has won the 2018 Hornby Magazine Best OO Scale Locomotive award.

https://twitter.com/Gaugemaster/status/1051155399334858752

Je suis desolated. I had hoped they would award it to my kit built LNWR Jubilee, but then it isn't 00 scale although 4mm to the foot. Edited by Jol Wilkinson
  • Like 1

Hi all, can anyone tell me if they got a notification of postage upon ordering their Single? Ordered mine over a week ago now and I've had the order confirmation, but no dispatch confirmation nor a tracking number, just an order reference number. 

Not sure if they're being posted in one batch and mine's being held back, or if it's just a slow courier! Thanks in advance. :)

This is standard for Locomotion.  Regular Emails to Stuart and Tom appear to be the only way to have things sorted.

I don't think I ever got a despatch advice from them 'in the old days' when there was a different manager and staff, but poor Stuart and Tom (his boss?) have a rather unwieldy system to operate by the look of it.

For what it's worth I stupidly paid an insufficient amount to buy one on 23 July, having hastily read the words 'full payment' on a web page... I had not made a previous deposit.  It took about 20 emails to eventually have things sorted, and in the end the whole thing lost its glow of pleasure so I asked for a refund of my card payment, and that took another series of emails.

The only way I would buy one now would be s/h from a trusted seller.

Stuart and Tom are good people but they are dealing with a rather odd retail system...  I'm sorry to hear they are still having problems. It's not good for the NRM nor Locomotion.  Tom did ask after many emails that I contact him directly if I wanted to buy from the shop, I have quite a few models bought from them, GNR Atlantic, Duchess, and so on.   So personal contact seems the best way to resolve things.

Edited by robmcg

HI Leen, I've sent you an email this morning with details and yes fortunatley the only deliveries that are getting affected are the Stirling singles, all the 3717 City of Truro models left yesterday and the Red frame 3440 City of Truro will be leaving site today. Any problems just let me know and I can deel with them as soon as possible.

Regards

Stuart

HI Leen, I've sent you an email this morning with details and yes fortunatley the only deliveries that are getting affected are the Stirling singles, all the 3717 City of Truro models left yesterday and the Red frame 3440 City of Truro will be leaving site today. Any problems just let me know and I can deel with them as soon as possible.

Regards

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

I've ordered a red frame 3440 City of Truro, but I also ordered a class 66 from you over a week ago but haven't received it yet - are they also affected by your delivery problem?

Regards,

Paul .

Hi Stuart,

I've ordered a red frame 3440 City of Truro, but I also ordered a class 66 from you over a week ago but haven't received it yet - are they also affected by your delivery problem?

Regards,

Paul .

Hi Paul the class 66 should be delivered today (this only because the last few days has been spent inputting all the data for the addresses for the single orders) , and the red frame city will be tomorrow as I just ran out of time late yesterday to get them ones out.

Regards

Stuart

Pleased to say my Single finally arrived! She's gorgeous, though I did have to do a good deal of fettling with the chains, and she's missing the bogie centring spring for some reason.
Regardless of that single issue, very happy with her!*  :)

*Update in next post, had some small faults needing rectifying.

post-34630-0-08790000-1539875852_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrisisOnACanoe

Hey all, just to come back to this thread for some advice (assuming there's some owners in here) my locomotive's performance isn't improving as expected. I ran it in for 40 minutes in each direction on my 10ft by 9ft, gently curved loop, but it still jolts over the points and doesn't like slow speeds. I can only attribute this to the locomotive's pickups acting sparsely as it stopped several times during running in on the points, despite going at a moderate pace. All my track is Peco Code 100, all the points are express points including two curved sets on the outer loop it ran on, and none of my other locos behave in such an erratic fashion. (Not even my Pecketts or Barclays, they handle those points perfectly!)
Did anyone else have issues with the loco's pickups, and how do you access them? I genuinely cannot see them on the tender wheels and I'm quite scared of opening her up! 
Also, is it possible the tender coupling could be at fault? It definitely is picking up power from the tender but this seems to be inconsistent.
Sorry to be a pain, but thank you to anyone who can help in advance!

Edited by CrisisOnACanoe

• RMweb Premium

Hey all, just to come back to this thread for some advice (assuming there's some owners in here) my locomotive's performance isn't improving as expected. I ran it in for 40 minutes in each direction on my 10ft by 9ft, gently curved loop, but it still jolts over the points and doesn't like slow speeds. I can only attribute this to the locomotive's pickups acting sparsely as it stopped several times during running in on the points, despite going at a moderate pace. All my track is Peco Code 100, all the points are express points including two curved sets on the outer loop it ran on, and none of my other locos behave in such an erratic fashion. (Not even my Pecketts or Barclays, they handle those points perfectly!)

Did anyone else have issues with the loco's pickups, and how do you access them? I genuinely cannot see them on the tender wheels and I'm quite scared of opening her up! 

Also, is it possible the tender coupling could be at fault? It definitely is picking up power from the tender but this seems to be inconsistent.

Sorry to be a pain, but thank you to anyone who can help in advance!

I haven't got one, but it doesn't sound right . Most people comment on how smooth it runs and it certainly seems so from any YouTube coverage I've seen. There is a guy on here, sorry can't remember user name, that has been appointed repair guy for Rapido. If you scroll back over the pages you will see him, but I also believe the place to send queries is listed on the instructions with your model . I'd try emailing him or send him a Personal Message . Maybe its something relatively simple and he can point you in the right direction. Failing that he will give address of place to send model back to.