Rapido/Locomotion Models GNR Stirling Single

Response from Locomotion Models

We have now resolved Mr Jackson’s complaint and his Stirling Single is on its way to him.

If anyone has any outstanding issues regarding any of our products can they please contact Stuart at Shildon and we will get them sorted.

We want to ensure that no one is disappointed over the Christmas period – so in order to meet Santa’s delivery schedules please let us know sooner rather than later!

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

It's here :))

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Got an email newsletter from Locomotion saying they had a few DCC Ready Singles in stock, so I snapped one up since I thought I completely missed out on getting one at all. Would have loved a sound model, but happy to settle for the DCC Ready one as it's mainly going to be a bit of a show piece :)

• RMweb Gold

Got an email newsletter from Locomotion saying they had a few DCC Ready Singles in stock, so I snapped one up since I thought I completely missed out on getting one at all. Would have loved a sound model, but happy to settle for the DCC Ready one as it's mainly going to be a bit of a show piece :)

Locomotion have them for sale for £249 . . .or you could have one from Ebay for £300-400...

• RMweb Gold

Locomotion have them for sale for £249 . . .or you could have one from Ebay for £300-400...

They have the DCC Ready one in stock for £249, which is what I purchased after reading their newsletter. Saw a few Sound ones on eBay for £350+

How much was the sound one at retail?

• RMweb Gold

I ordered mine shortly after it was first announced and it cost £289. I believe the price was later increased to £329

Thanks. Checked eBay again and people are actually asking £350+ for the DCC Ready versions, so happy I got mine from Locomotion for £249. Well...hoping I get it. Order is in, depends how much demand they have had.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Mine arrived 2 weeks ago with some bits loose in the box, used their contact from and emailed with no response anyone know their returns address ?

From memory the details are in the booklet. 

If not try emailing Stuart

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/789-stuarttrains/

Or

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/34777-rapidorepairsuk/

A quick search gave this post

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/98067-rapidolocomotion-models-gnr-stirling-single/page-81

Mine arrived 2 weeks ago with some bits loose in the box, used their contact from and emailed with no response anyone know their returns address ?

Oh, good grief. Do you really expect these people to be working during the holidays? Do/did you do that?

Maybe it would be wise to wait until you can be certain that everyone's back at work before expecting a reply.

Oh, good grief. Do you really expect these people to be working during the holidays? Do/did you do that?

Maybe it would be wise to wait until you can be certain that everyone's back at work before expecting a reply.

But isn't Locomotion open seeing as it's the school holidays?

It's closed on NY Day and was closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day that's all. Surely someone is in the shop.

https://www.locomotion.org.uk/

Jason

For a start, two weeks ago would be the middle of December, not the Christmas holidays!

Secondly, trying to have any communication with Locomotion Models is a sick joke and has been most of this year as many on this forum have found to their cost, including me. Frankly, I don’t know how they are still in business, they certainly don’t seem to be concerned at taking orders over the telephone. Their telephone answering machine asks you to leave a message, saying they aim to respond within 5 working days, it’s 2018 for heaven’s sake, not the dim, dark ages. Certainly until they improve on communications I shall not order from them again.

Edited by Brian Indge

• RMweb Premium

In fairness to Locomotion I think they realise they've had a problem and are trying to turn things around. Their appointment of Dennis Lovett recently is a very positive sign and their comms already seem to be improving. Unfortunately for them people (quite rightly) benchmark against those companies that do e-commerce very well and expect a similar level of service. I'm hopeful Locomotion are on the right road now, although I think they inflicted a lot of this on themselves by laying off the lady who used to look after a lot of this stuff very well.

Guest Locomotion No. 3

For a start, two weeks ago would be the middle of December, not the Christmas holidays!

Secondly, trying to have any communication with Locomotion Models is a sick joke and has been most of this year as many on this forum have found to their cost, including me. Frankly, I don’t know how they are still in business, they certainly don’t seem to be concerned at taking orders over the telephone. Their telephone answering machine asks you to leave a message, saying they aim to respond within 5 working days, it’s 2018 for heaven’s sake, not the dim, dark ages. Certainly until they improve on communications I shall not order from them again.

Rich and I have only been in position for a few weeks and we are endeavouring to sort any outstanding issues as soon as we can.

Communication is a priority and you will appreciate that whilst we have achieved quite a lot in a short time, we still have a lot to achieve. Firstly the Locomotion Models team is now active on this forum and we will respond as quickly as we can. If anyone has any issues outstanding regarding orders or non supply of products please PM me. I will pass these on to Shildon for immediate action. 

Along with Stuart, Rich and I spent two days each at Shildon endeavouring to get as many orders out of the door as we could before Christmas. 

We appreciate that the service levels in 2018 have been below many peoples expectations. Steps are being taken to ensure that we will have not only have better communication with customers but a more robust structure in place to ensure that we are able to process orders more effectively and efficiently. 

Our model department reopens on Wednesday the 2nd January and anything brought to my attention before then will be dealt with first thing on Wednesday morning.

In the meantime may I wish you all a Happy New Year and please accept my apologies for any customers we have let down during 2018.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotionmodels.com

• 4 weeks later...

G'day all,

It seems as though some members here have had issues in dealing with Locomotion Models in regards to their orders of Stirling single models. With this in mind I'd like to share my experiences. 

I purchased one of the models on January 23rd at 1:20am AEST (what else are you supposed to do at that time of day!) and duly received the order confirmation emails plus a copy of the receipt for the payment made. The next day (24/1/19) at 1:44am I received email notification that my model had been posted in the form of tracking information from UPS which showed that the model had been posted on the day I ordered it. 

Fast forward to today (27/1/19) I can see that the model as of this morning is in Australia at my local post office and is expected to be delivered on the 29th (tomorrow is a public holiday (Australia Day). That's just 4 days to have a model from the UK posted and arrived in Australia. I can't even get local parcels from this country delivered that fast!

To me the service shown has been simply phenomenal and I hope that I'll be able to report good news of the models safe arrival in coming days!

Regards,

Aaron 

Edited by aaron3820
  • Like 8

G'day all,

Just an update on my Stirling single, it arrived as estimated on the 29th and wow! What a stunner! Hats off to Rapido and Locomotition for delivering us such a wonderful model. Truly a masterpiece. 

Special mention to the staff at Locomotition, everything involved with the transaction was seamless, great service was provided and I'd be more than happy to order more models in the future. 

Regards,

Aaron 

IMG_1447.JPG

• Like 10

Guest Locomotion No. 3

I would like to reassure Guardian that we have investigated his concerns and the model has been returned to us by the Rapido Service Agent here in the UK and is leaving Shildon today. We shall be tracking the delivery so if there are any further issues please do not leave it too long to notify us.

In the meantime I can apologise for the delay in returning this model to you.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotionmodels.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Locomotion No. 3

Several reserved Stirling Single locomotives produced last year for us by Rapido Trains remain unclaimed. Despite the best efforts of the Locomotion Models team to complete outstanding orders by telephone and email using the contact details supplied to us, we have been unable to complete these orders.

Anyone who believes they have an order outstanding for an OO Scale Stirling Single with Locomotion Models and have paid the deposit are advised to contact us without delay. Models will be despatched on payment of the outstanding balance.

Any items not claimed by 15th April 2019 will be placed back into stock and offered for sale both on-line and at the York Exhibition over Easter.

If you have not yet received your model please contact us on 01904 685785 or by using the contact us facility at www.locomotionmodels.com

Dennis Lovett

Locomotionmodels.com

• 1 month later...

In future, it'd be a good idea if threads like this were routinely split, perhaps by the Moderators, so that all the ordering, returns and other commercial issues et al, were in another linked thread, so folks could see some interesting dialogue about the MODEL itself, and directly-related subjects.

• AY Mod unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

I hope a thread resurrection from a year ago ago isn’t frowned upon.

Back when this glorious model was in development I wasn’t in the financial position to even contemplate one, though living vicariously through RMweb was the next best thing. I missed the production run but kept an eye out on eBay ‘just in case’, and saved a little for a rainy day.

The other week I was quick enough off the mark to snap up a non DCC-fitted, non-sound Single. It’s by far the most expensive item of model railway /anything/ I’ve ever bought, but represented a 20% saving on the original RRP. Still, it was a gamble to fork out for such a delicate model effectively unseen, given the seller’s pictures weren’t the best and the description was short.

Happily, it’s arrived safe, sound, and almost perfect. One of the front safety chains was – predictably – detached, but found stuck to the polystyrene block in the packaging. I’d been forewarned by a Single owner at my local model railway club that these were a bugbear. Are the more substantial replacement chains still available?

Most importantly, it’s a beautiful runner. No idea if it’s been run in previously, but so far so good on my modest layout. I enjoyed the tone of the instruction manual too – it feels like an accessory in its own right. Worth waiting for.

IMG_9713.jpg.7c3d2d076c8936f0fe526d3c1b62c7fb.jpg

The only blemish is the minuscule knob on the front left of the smokebox door has been snapped off and lost – of all the detail parts to break, that’s surely one of the trickier to damage…

I think I’ll just live with it, rather than risk grafting on a spare at such an obvious focal point. It’s barely noticeable at anything other than hand-held, close-up viewing.

Hope everyone is still enjoying their Singles. Threads like this preserve the anticipation, excitement and eventual satisfaction nicely.

Cheers,

Ollie

• Like 10