Is this a LMS tender ?

Thanks, I looked at my Hawksworth tender from M&L (County) and it differs slightly, however I guess it may go behind one of my Kings to make a change?

Definately a Hawksworth 4000g, it looks like a Nu-Cast kit possibly from a Modified Hall which is why it differs from your County version (which were wider). Don't put it behind a King though as they never ran with Hawksworth tenders. wink.gif

Regards,

Andy.

Definately a Hawksworth 4000g, it looks like a Nu-Cast kit possibly from a Modified Hall which is why it differs from your County version (which were wider). Don't put it behind a King though as they never ran with Hawksworth tenders. wink.gif

Regards,

Andy.

Andy thanks, what other locos other than Hall's and County's had them please. Though I have a 2nd Wills Hall.

John,

As the other posters have said Castles and Halls were the norm for the 8ft Hawksworth tenders, best to check photographs if you have a chosen prototype as changes were numerous.

If you want something a little unusual though, three Granges ran with these tenders late on in their life 1962-64:

6844 Penhydd Grange

6853 Morehampton Grange

6863 Dolhywel Grange

There is a photo of 6844 (if memory serves correctly) in 'The Power of the Granges'.

Regards,

Andy.

Archived