Herculaneum Dock

Michael Edge

• RMweb Premium

It is very easy to tie yourself up in knots operating the yard and the dock railways. At Southampton the overhead was operated from the theater balcony two levels up (wireless dcc).

Baz

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I had a long chat with Steve Hewitt at Warley. I now have a cunning plan to bring the Overhead railway colour signals to life.... just need some time and a few lengths of fibre optic.. which I know I have .. just where??

This won't be done before the next trip out...

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Layout all back in position and running, with the help of half the family on New Year's eve it was shifted across with the overhead in place. We've got four months now to test it and the stock properly.

I assume the other half of the family just supervised?

Happy New Year.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

With Herculaneum Dock up and running in the shed, I've filled in the last gap in the 1955 MDHB loco fleet. We already have both the Hunslet diesels, the remaining Barclay fireless and large Avonside, some Hunslet 15" and small Avonsides.

post-1643-0-95588500-1487181096_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-94848500-1487181132_thumb.jpg

In addition to the fleet of 15in Hunslets acquired after the demise of Avonside MDHB bought two of the slightly smaller 14in type. This one will be painted lined green and numbered 14, the other one was 13 but I can't find any photos of it and in any case that number is in use for one of the LOR sets.

The 14in has a lot of parts in common with the 15in, mouldings (apart from the firebox back) are all from our 15in kit. We will make this available as a kit in due course.

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Will we have number 14 at the Liverpool Show?

And, of course, one of the overhead cars could be reprogrammed.... Just a thought like....

Hat, coat, scarf, gloves.......gone!

• RMweb Premium

Can't do that, we have to use the number on the north end of the set (otherwise we can't see what they are when parked in Herculaneum car shed) and they were never turned round, there was nowhere to do this anyway. The other end is 3 and I didn't want to use this one for obvious reasons. 14 should be available for Liverpool, I'll get it painted now the weather is warming up a bit.

• Like 1

Ive still got my Avonside B2 number one to finish in plain black which is a converted Agenoria B3. The painter who painted and lined my green locos has passed away now sadly, so ill be looking for someone to paint the letters or get transfers if you know of any Mike?

Still trying to find a way to model those chimney spark arrestors also.